The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aggressive Chroma Build

NogginMasher

Question

Hey Tenno,

I recently got Chroma and ranked him up to 30, then left him in my inventory for a while. Now, I've dusted off his pelt and have high hopes for his potential as a good tank that can dish out mad DPS. I'm trying to find a build that maximizes his abilities Elemental Effigy and Vex Armor, with maximum survivability and damage potential out of his abilities. So, I propose this build.

WM61SXC.png

Trying to max out armor and health for vex armor, with lots of strength and duration for both abilities. What do you guys think? Got a better idea?

Also, if you're going for tank/DPS, what's his best elemental alignment? I went with Cold, because it buffed his armor. What do you think?

9 answers to this question

If you want an AGGRESSIVE chroma build. Electric is the only way to go. It can't exactly tank the world like Ice- but it sucks up whatever damage you take and shoots it back out 10 fold (or more, depending on if you put some power strength on) as lightning. Since it also stuns enemies- it has it's own form of damage prevention built in in that form to help keep you alive, or keep people still while you crash through them with gun and blade.

Y u no max Transient Fortitude, Primed Continuity and Primed Flow?

Other than that i've got almost the same build just Armored Agility swapped for Blind Rage for more damage and tankiness. Also replaced P. Flow for Streamline because you don't wanna miss that efficieny, trust me, i've tested it both ways and with -55% efficiency it's a pain. Especially perfect in combination with the zenurik school, otherwise you sometimes gotta place an energy pizza or play without blind rage and lose lots of armor and damage. 

I just love how chroma is tankier than a glaive bless trin while still instakilling lvl 100 enemies ;)

If you want an AGGRESSIVE chroma build. Electric is the only way to go. It can't exactly tank the world like Ice- but it sucks up whatever damage you take and shoots it back out 10 fold (or more, depending on if you put some power strength on) as lightning. Since it also stuns enemies- it has it's own form of damage prevention built in in that form to help keep you alive, or keep people still while you crash through them with gun and blade.

Remember he has Narrow minded,so it will not be as effective as Fire/Ice 

Remember he has Narrow minded,so it will not be as effective as Fire/Ice 

... implying I said anywhere in my statement that he should use his current build for electric chroma. I said that if he wants aggressive to make a build based on electric m8- obviously he'd need a different mod set up...

I'm trying to find a build that maximizes his abilities Elemental Effigy and Vex Armor

Elemental Ward, or Effigy? I'm assuming you mean the former. Ice gives the best survivability, but Elec will give some close-quarters damage output and Fire can be helpful if you don't have another form of healing.

Personally, I would replace Armored Agility or Primed Flow with a max Blind Rage. You don't need to recast often so ability costs aren't much of an issue, and amplifying that damage multiplier from VA beyond 6x damage makes AoE weapons very powerful - more kills for more energy orbs ftw. I would drop AA, because you quickly reach a point where adding more armor value becomes... pointless... Does it really matter if you have 98% or 96% damage reduction? Either way you're basically invulnerable while Cold Ward and VA is active.

You could then drop the other mod for Constitution for a longer VA before it needs to be reset.

I use QT and Rage instead of armor mods because they give more ehp and Blind Rage instead of Intensify because it's much stronger and energy is not a problem on a duration buff build.

Actually this works very well, although really you're pushing into the 'stupid amount of health' range again. 

With BR in place of Intensify, in OP's build, Rage+QT instead of the armor mods offers 16,591 armor and 2270 pre-armor health points, which is 127.8k health, around double a non-QT setup. Rage also allows you to easily gain energy as needed by taking damage.

However a max strength setup with just SF offers a good 60 thousand effective health, which is more than enough, imo, to handle any content, and the added strength helps you get more damage output from your weapons (and you have an open slot for more duration/eff since you don't need PFlow anymore).

Edited by Darzk

Actually this works very well, although really you're pushing into the 'stupid amount of health' range again. 

With BR in place of Intensify, in OP's build, Rage+QT instead of the armor mods offers 16,591 armor and 2270 pre-armor health points, which is 127.8k health, around double a non-QT setup. Rage also allows you to easily gain energy as needed by taking damage.

However a max strength setup with just SF offers a good 60 thousand effective health, which is more than enough, imo, to handle any content, and the added strength helps you get more damage output from your weapons (and you have an open slot for more duration/eff since you don't need PFlow anymore).

Most of the time I use melee so QTrage gives essentially infinite ehp.

I also like flow since with minimum efficiency, casting ward and vex costs almost 200 and with 225 max energy any energy removal often makes it so I can't immediately cast both. PFlow also allows using Effigy when needed.