The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On Sortie Weapons +Few Questions

ThorienKELL

Question

Hey crew, few questions

What do you think on dera vandal and karak wraith? 

I've built dera, seems kinda OK but honestly - is it comparable to boltor or soma prime? 

Karak W seems interesting tbh, low magazine was main issue with karak, still same question as with dera remains. Why would i bother when I have formaed boltor P already which already comes with 2 or three polarizations, should I invest 5 forma to get weapon which is just "OK", imo not worth the effort but share your views plse?How is karak compared to braton prime, they both seem to have nice status chance..?

How good is vectis prime? I've seen it sold reasonably expensive on trade chat? Can someone compare it with new sniper, rubico? I've built rubico because of sortie requirements, don't like snipers too much in WF, too many enemies ;)

What do you recommned as good secondary or melee option against nullifyers and other "baloon" enemies? I know high RoF weapons work OK, my ignis works fine, clanmate recommended me a glaive type weapon so I've build and potatoed cerata but results were ...underwhelming, or I don't know how to do it propperly. Would twin grakatas bee good thing for this? 

4 answers to this question

I like the Karak Wraith, but I mainly look for how the weapons feel, not necessarily how good they are. I've only gotten one Dera part so far, but I really didn't like the vanilla one. Vectis Prime is great, although I have to admit I'd prefer if it had the one round magazine the Vectis has. The prize is probably because of the rarity of the parts (mainly receiver I guess). I use Akstiletto versus Nullies, although they won't do anything against the double-bubble-trouble of the Eximus Nullies. Akstiletto works because I mainly use Mag versus corpus. A lot of explosive weapons are great versus Nullies (which is why a glaive can be a solid choice, IF modded correctly). Usually I either use melee or high rate of fire weapons, but that's mainly because of my over-usage of my Tonkor/Penta ^^ 

Hey crew, few questions

What do you think on dera vandal and karak wraith? 

I've built dera, seems kinda OK but honestly - is it comparable to boltor or soma prime? 

Really people, why you need to compare everything to boltor or soma...

They are slightly upgraded vanilla weapons with unique styling. We got Karak W on the pc event, consoles decided to go Dera. They are at level of Telos Boltor without explosion, better than vanilla, worse than prime.

Braton P is better than Karak, highier damage, highier crit chance and status, highier mag size with slightly less rate of fire.

How good is vectis prime? I've seen it sold reasonably expensive on trade chat? Can someone compare it with new sniper, rubico? I've built rubico because of sortie requirements, don't like snipers too much in WF, too many enemies ;)

My second favourite sniper right after Lanka. If you can maintain chain of shots it can do enormous damage, that is easy with reload being so fast. Rubico can outdamage Vectis quite fast due to faster dmg multiplier building, but reload always reset it to zero.

What do you recommned as good secondary or melee option against nullifyers and other "baloon" enemies? I know high RoF weapons work OK, my ignis works fine, clanmate recommended me a glaive type weapon so I've build and potatoed cerata but results were ...underwhelming, or I don't know how to do it propperly. Would twin grakatas bee good thing for this? 

As synoid simulor user I dont care about baloon enemies, but still have marelok as my backup when needed to take one from distance. If you want something faster, I suggest Spira, Hikou Prime or Telos Akbolto. Twin grakatatas have maximum dakka, but they eat through ammo too fast.

Dera Vandal and Karak Wraith are both alright weapons. You can make them good, just like all weapons, by investing forma and catalysts. My opinion on them is that they are just alright. Ok rifles. But there are better rifles that do the same thing just more damage. It's all about how much fun you have using them.

As for Vectis Prime? Top tier sniper rifle. I'd suggest getting the corrupted mod that lowers mag size and increases reload speed for Vectis P. and getting a charged chamber on it (or primed chamber if you somehow have one)

get vectis not vectis prime. it';s the only weapon where the prime is worse than the original. The original benefits from a lot more things due at least in part to having only one round in the chamber.

don't waste time on charged chamber it boosts base damage and doesn't give you that much, primed chamber is ridiculously overpriced and has the same problems. It would be good but it's not as good as what people are selling it for. But only get primed chamber for the regular vectis either way. The problem is stuff that adds to base damage, iirc, has diminishing returns.

Boost the crit and crit damage on the weapon with things like critical delay and magnum shot, if you want more reload speed consider stuff like depleted reload, though it reloads fairly fast. 

I have no opinion on the other two weapons other than that they would be mastery fodder for me and are taking up space on my season 1 reward table.