The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Need A Rework

FrostySpikes

The ability to revive/repair sentinels mid combat

The hopes that Ghost will actually be reliable for stealth

The hopes that Wyrm's radial knock down will be buffed in literally any way

The hopes that Dethcube's laser which is now completely obsolete compared to other new sentinels is overhauled.

I'm all for seeing some buffs to Sentinels - especially revives and repairs - but to be fair, I find the Dethcube's laser is quite useful at zapping anyone that gets too close. On the otherhand, the machine gun could do with a slight damage buff methinks.

Being able to equip Fired up, Animal Instinct, and four precepts(to add Guardian and Coolant Leak) are enough reason to put a reactor on a sentinel.

The sweeper will let you more or less ignore butchers when you're defending a point--it may not kill a heavy gunner, and it has an annoying tendency to make Fusion Moa spawn its drone, but it'll kill lesser enemies pretty well.

As far as the mods on the weapons go, I think it's a good balancing act, but also one that shows a glaring weakness in the mod interface more than the sentinel design.  Have two maxed point blank mods so that you can equip one on your sentinel?  Well....have a good time figuring out which one is currently equipped so that you can readily mod and go!  Now repeat this seven more times.  I once flip flopped between two infected clip mods over and over again before ultimately realizing that it wasn't going to let me equip either of them.  Yuck.

I do agree that the other sentinel precepts need a real look, though.  Diriga is a pretty good sentinel if you want damage and crowd control.  Enough so that he makes the other damage/cc sentinels really show their age, and it's really a model to base the others on.

The ability to revive/repair sentinels mid combat

The hopes that Ghost will actually be reliable for stealth

The hopes that Wyrm's radial knock down will be buffed in literally any way

The hopes that Dethcube's laser which is now completely obsolete compared to other new sentinels is overhauled.

* No, because that is what Kubrows are for. You want that ability, get a dog.

* Ghost is not your private version of Invisibilty. It's meant for emergency, not to replace Loki.

* Sentinels are also not meant to fight FOR you, they are there to assist and to complement. You can get your shield INSTANTLY to max from zero with one mod, and be shielded while reviving with another. You want a floating turret that will play a game for you? Seriously?

* Not all of our weapons are "balanced" either. I fail again to see a point here.

Being able to equip Fired up, Animal Instinct, and four precepts(to add Guardian and Coolant Leak) are enough reason to put a reactor on a sentinel.

The sweeper will let you more or less ignore butchers when you're defending a point--it may not kill a heavy gunner, and it has an annoying tendency to make Fusion Moa spawn its drone, but it'll kill lesser enemies pretty well.

As far as the mods on the weapons go, I think it's a good balancing act, but also one that shows a glaring weakness in the mod interface more than the sentinel design.  Have two maxed point blank mods so that you can equip one on your sentinel?  Well....have a good time figuring out which one is currently equipped so that you can readily mod and go!  Now repeat this seven more times.  I once flip flopped between two infected clip mods over and over again before ultimately realizing that it wasn't going to let me equip either of them.  Yuck.

I do agree that the other sentinel precepts need a real look, though.  Diriga is a pretty good sentinel if you want damage and crowd control.  Enough so that he makes the other damage/cc sentinels really show their age, and it's really a model to base the others on.

If you let it "auto fix" it will do that for you.

The ability to revive sentinels without having to die yourself would be a good addition. I don't see the problem with that, especially now that Ospreys tend not to explode immediately on death anymore. And no, this shouldn't be specific to Kubrows. As much as you may love them to death and favor them, their AI is very wonky since they use that same rescue target/syndicate helper AI, most are bad to take in for stealth, and they tend to wander. Sentinels are more your utility pet that stays at your side the whole time... I really don't understand the heavy resentment.

In all honesty, aside from stats, I'd like some level of sentinel interaction, like wearing them or something outside of combat, like Wyrm prime wrapped around pretending to be a mink scarf.

The ability to revive sentinels without having to die yourself would be a good addition. I don't see the problem with that, especially now that Ospreys tend not to explode immediately on death anymore. And no, this shouldn't be specific to Kubrows. As much as you may love them to death and favor them, their AI is very wonky since they use that same rescue target/syndicate helper AI, most are bad to take in for stealth, and they tend to wander. Sentinels are more your utility pet that stays at your side the whole time... I really don't understand the heavy resentment.

In all honesty, aside from stats, I'd like some level of sentinel interaction, like wearing them or something outside of combat, like Wyrm prime wrapped around pretending to be a mink scarf.

That would be adorable, would pay plat, DE plz.

On a more constructive note though, Kubrows have more going for them then simple revives. And they have room to have more going for them. For instance I think it would be neat if they could attempt to revive you much like zenuka tries to revive alid. It could be vulnerable while doing so, at high level this might even be extremely dangerous for them, but

Ideally I would like if sentinels could be just as relivable as Kubrows, I really think they're different enough that there shouldn't be a need to force the player base to use kubrows base on their ability to not disappear mid mission.

Diriga is a pretty good sentinel if you want damage and crowd control.  Enough so that he makes the other damage/cc sentinels really show their age, and it's really a model to base the others on.

Yeah Diriga was the reason why i made this post and the first i potatoe. Amazing cc and very nice dmg as well.