Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starwars The Force Awakens [Spoilers]

Luxylol

Well, movie was not bad but I really don't like how almost everything is a copy of previous movies and how every aspect of Star Wars is exaggerated- new, uglier, darker Emperor, new Vader(Kylo), even worse traitor than original Vader, even moar death in new Death Star, poorer humor than Phantom Menace and more pompus than entire old saga.

I think we can safely assume Rey aka Woman Luke will get her hand cut off.

Also, i won't be surprised if Han survives. I mean, his death is so similar to Vader and Luke duel in Empire Strikes Back...

I found it to be a good movie, not bad, not groundbreaking, not disappointing. Though I had some problems with it. Things like Rey learning how to do mind tricks even though she had no training whatsoever, these kinds of things. Also, I'm gonna be pissed if Ms Shiny Armor isn't in 8. 

Well, movie was not bad but I really don't like how almost everything is a copy of previous movies and how every aspect of Star Wars is exaggerated- new, uglier, darker Emperor, new Vader(Kylo), even worse traitor than original Vader, even moar death in new Death Star, poorer humor than Phantom Menace and more pompus than entire old saga.

I think we can safely assume Rey aka Woman Luke will get her hand cut off.

Also, i won't be surprised if Han survives. I mean, his death is so similar to Vader and Luke duel in Empire Strikes Back...

Well.. Han was stabbed, then fell into the core of a planet that exploded and became a sun 20 Mims later..

It's a bit unlikely, ya know. He is one with the Force now

I found it to be a good movie, not bad, not groundbreaking, not disappointing. Though I had some problems with it. Things like Rey learning how to do mind tricks even though she had no training whatsoever, these kinds of things. Also, I'm gonna be pissed if Ms Shiny Armor isn't in 8.

Don't worry, Brienne of Tarth will return.

Waiting for Kit Harrington as a new Jodi though

Thought the film was good but... I did think the unoriginality of the plot dampened the experience for me. Further to that I definitely didn't take to Finn and Rey managing to use a lightsaber with relatively no issues, let alone Rey being able to do XYZ with her abilities.

I can't say I like her as a main character at all. I'm not a fan of the way she acts. Maybe she was meant to act that way - slightly immature and exaggerated - but I'm hoping she's better in the next one. Secondly, didn't like the Poe/pilot guy. HIs cocky attitude annoyed me and was unfitting. We don't need some 'hard man' act when he's faced with a guy who can use the force and has a lightsaber. It's nonsense and destroyed whatever atmosphere that scene had. Again, his acting was poor for me and I was waiting for him to die and was glad when it seemed as if he was dead, but I knew he truly wasn't... Thirdly, I wasn't convinced by the angry ginger guy who clearly had problems at school. Fourth, I really did not like it when Kylo or whatever removed his helmet. He needed to keep it on because again, his acting wasn't great and his appearance wasn't that appealing, let alone not looking much like Ford. So it undermined his whole air and performance. Fifth, the all important leader, the 'Snouk' guy. Really? A giant? With a name of 'Snouk' or whatever? Felt like I was partially watching a mix of a fantasy film like LoTR/Marvel and sci-fi. Did not like the 'big sinister' bloke at all as it ended up having the exact opposite of what was intended with me.

Finally, was there any particular reason they essentially ditched Rogue Squadron for what I think is now Blue Squad or something like that and with a 'Black Leader'? Why are the X-Wings lacking their traditional red stripes? Some of this is minor but I kept wondering this as things were different here and there and again, it ruined the immersion for me. Was there some sort of copyright issue or something or was it just another attempt to make things different? I can't say the plot lacked any holes either, because it did.

Also, Hamil had a big role, huh.

I was expecting to dislike Finn the most, but I actually liked him and some of the moments in the film. Also looking forward to seeing BB or whatevers 'thumbs up' become a GIF/meme in the future.

By the way, was there any secret scene at the end of the credits? Couldn't be bothered to wait and see.

Edited by Naith

They sent her down a garbage chute into trash compactor, she's not coming back.

Well.. Han was stabbed, then fell into the core of a planet that exploded and became a sun 20 Mims later..

It's a bit unlikely, ya know. He is one with the Force now

Only Jedi can become one with the Force, Han's not a Jedi, he's dead.

By the way, was there any secret scene at the end of the credits? Couldn't be bothered to wait and see.

There is no post-credits scene.

Only Jedi can become one with the Force, Han's not a Jedi, he's dead.

Every living being is connected to the force, and when somebody dies, they become one with the force.

Only Jedis have the ability to keep their identity after death if they know the technique. Prime Examples are Qui Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker.

Other examples are Meetra Surik, Revan and the Sith Lord and enemy of Tulak Hord, Lord Kallig. But that's Legends for ya

Edited by Swailwort

They sent her down a garbage chute into trash compactor, she's not coming back.

If you have seen A New Hope, Han, Leia and Luke entered a Trash Compactor as well, and they managed to escape.

Phasma looks like a smart Trooper, so I would normally guess she managed to find her way out.

Every living being is connected to the force, and when somebody dies, they become one with the force.

Only Jedis have the ability to keep their identity after death if they know the technique. Prime Examples are Qui Gon Jinn, Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker.

Other examples are Meetra Surik, Revan and the Sith Lord and enemy of Tulak Hord, Lord Kallig. But that's Legends for ya

Okay, so either way, which ever one of us is right, he's dead.

If you have seen A New Hope, Han, Leia and Luke entered a Trash Compactor as well, and they managed to escape.

Phasma looks like a smart Trooper, so I would normally guess she managed to find her way out.

They were saved by R2, she wasn't. Plus the Starkiller base went ker-splody and turned into a sun. Even if she could get out, she'd be dead anyway.

The movie was alright i guess, but it was clearly a shameless cash-in on the franchise. There was alot of cheese, a good helping of bad acting(that one imperial(sorry, first order?) officer.. omg. Get that clown to acting school. Or better yet, send him to mop floors somewhere. The plot was sketchy at best, and I'm pretty sure they could not have picked a worse actor for the villain. I almost laughed in the theater when he took his mask off. He looks like such an idiot. Oh and apparently Gollum is a sith lord now.

Everything about the movie was contrived and predictable - typical brainless hollywood explosion-fest. Oh well. The girl was smokin' hot. Too bad about Leia. Wow she did not age well.

As for the Han Solo thing, harrison ford probably told them to kill him off cuz he didn't feel like doing an entire trilogy.

just my 0.02

As for the Han Solo thing, harrison ford probably told them to kill him off cuz he didn't feel like doing an entire trilogy.

just my 0.02

Either that or they feared that Ford would die before they could end the new trilogy so they went the safe route. Or they didn't want to pay him another 30 million dollars for each time he plays Han Solo.

I loved it! I thought it had all the ingredients of Star Wars "A New Hope". Only thing doubtful is how does the First Order build another weapon of mass destruction without the rebels knowing? I really liked Rey and how they picked a female to be lead. I hope she puts Fin in the friend zone because its just too predictable if he became her love interest.

I thought Harrison Ford was signed in for all 3 of the new Star Wars? They could do that thru Kylo Ren's back story but that would be stretching it. I really wasn't expecting they kill off Han. I cried because it was so so sad. So is Rey Luke's daughter? Mara Jade her mother? I need answers.

I loved it! I thought it had all the ingredients of Star Wars "A New Hope". Only thing doubtful is how does the First Order build another weapon of mass destruction without the rebels knowing? I really liked Rey and how they picked a female to be lead. I hope she puts Fin in the friend zone because its just too predictable if he became her love interest.

I thought Harrison Ford was signed in for all 3 of the new Star Wars? They could do that thru Kylo Ren's back story but that would be stretching it. I really wasn't expecting they kill off Han. I cried because it was so so sad. So is Rey Luke's daughter? Mara Jade her mother? I need answers.

Rey is very (and I mean very) likely Luke's daughter, as for the mother... While it would be Mara Jade in the 'Legend Universe' (the name given to the old EU stories) she may not even exist in this canon.

As for Ford's contract, they probably said that so nobody expected him to get killed off.

Oh, so, f*ck continuity, right?

No idea what you're on about.

There was plenty of time for her to escape even before Snoke ordered base evac. General Hux escaped and it is implied Kylo Ren was brought with him. Why wouldn't Phasma survive, again?

Only thing doubtful is how does the First Order build another weapon of mass destruction without the rebels knowing?

The Imperial remnants retreated into the unknown regions of the galaxy out of the New Republic's reach.

It didn't help that the Senate of the New Republic, following the Republic-Empire peace treaty after the Battle of Jakku, passed a military disarmament act which significantly reduced their military power.

It's sketchy, but not too unlikely, honestly.

Edited by Artarrwen

Rey is very (and I mean very) likely Luke's daughter, as for the mother... While it would be Mara Jade in the 'Legend Universe' (the name given to the old EU stories) she may not even exist in this canon.

As for Ford's contract, they probably said that so nobody expected him to get killed off.

Thanks Grizz!  You're right about Ford's contract.

Oh I was disappointed Capt. Phasma didn't even put up a fight. But I bet she would be really ticked-off being dumped into the garbage chute and be out for blood with guns blazing in the next episode.