Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fan Frame] Light Scriber Sketch

Syncrasis

Was tossing around some sketches tonight, thinking about refining this one further.

tumblr_nzhv5c6bfb1qdt0m6o1_r1_1280.jpg

This Warframe's powers would involve using the lost art of Books and Writing and also Paper to take down foes. He'd write with energy in the air (with his mind) for many of his attacks, and also make use of the ridiculously long paper scrolls all over his body to wrap them up. They're covered in runes and Tennobet writing which makes it Very Special.

Also his animations would all be like old man animations. Fight me haters

This isn't in fan concepts because I just want to draw stuff, maybe model it. Suggestions on design welcome, unless you don't like old man animations. (too bad)

I feel like his helmet should have a bunch of scrolls just draped like long hair, would also kind of help represent age.

I could give that a try. Maybe a few unfurled strips running down the back of his neck or something. Would also like to make a "beard" shape (probs will just be a wedge of metal on his chin, but maybe there is more to be explored there too)

I actually really, really see that concept going somewhere. I do suggest mentioning it as a warframe concept. :) I like it!

Aww gosh, thank you! I might PM someone about it once I have a tighter design drawn up :DD

I like it! It looks really interesting. The concept looks incredibly detailed for a sketch, well done.

Haa, thanks! I'm trying to push myself to use more dense/sparse theory in my work, I think it's been helping

Mummy-frame!

This is giving me awesome vibes from characters like Rath from Mummies Alive and Zenyatta from Overwatch. I would like an 'old man' Warframe and not something like Vauban who's considered old by the fanbase at large. 

MMmmmmummies. They have a pretty fun aesthetic in most contemporary representations I think! The bandaged kind of look is fun. Yeah, Vauban has a little of the old man thing going on but I think it could be taken further, especially if it suits the theme and I think this one kind of (purposely) works for it lol. In honesty though I think I'll have the "noble" set stand upright, even if he's all hunched over during attacks and in the "agile" set. 

Looks nice, i imagine it having rather washed palette, some beige and warm grey with like one brighter color.

... What is it with you and old men?

Yeah that's the sort of palette I have in my head as well. Cool that it reads that way already!

I haven't explored EVERY POSSIBLE USE of old man related shoe-ins ok I have a duty to fulfill because no one else is gonna do it. This burden is mine to bear

That would be pretty fun to do as a frame. It would be amazing just stbbing people with a pencil. "DIE CORPUS! MAY MY LEAD POISON YOUR VEINS!"

I have a chunk of "lead" in my hand, it's actually made of graphite nowadays sadly. Well, fortunately, in my case. Yeah I'm thinking about making a flip-out writing utensil on his finger or something haha THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD