The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha - What In The Name Of--?!

BenRoprim

Oh...my...god.

I really have to concentrate on not saying something to the OP that might result in a warning point.

Seriously man ? what is your problem?

There are feminine guys; there are masculine women. Deal with it.

And also:

Being gay doesn't mean you can't behave like a total #$&(% over something.

This is  OP discriminating  something just because it doesn't fit his idea of gender. But I don't know what to call it.

Again.... What's your frikkin problem?

Edit,.... at least I like most of the comments here.

And I still hope I just fell for a troll

Edited by WEREsandrock

IMO he's perfect. He's currently my favorite. A truly perfect interpretation of the original deity.

I hope people would just accept the fact that not everybody has same taste for everything.

Despite my eccentric ways and strange manner, I support a more inclusive world.

However I feel compelled to correct you a little on this. The original deity certainly does not look like this.

And those people can continue to complain while no one gives a S#&$. 

"Absolutely nothing wrong with effeminate males, and honestly I'd like to get a few more. Warframe already has awesome diversity so I say keep it coming. "

Stop with this "noone", you aren´t speaking for others and obviously you give a sh*t otherwise you wouldn´t be posting.

Maybe someone can lock this thread before we go too far, eh?

This already went to far when OP said he finds androgyn people disgusting.

Here is a picture of Nezha statuettes in Macao: 

http://goo.gl/whiKNv

They look kind of... like ugly children to me +_+'

Holy crap I found a picture of Nezha in an Indonesian shrine:

http://www.chinatownology.com/images/nezha%20bali.JPG

Nezha was inspired by the chinese diety who was described as being a feminine man. I don't understand how or why you find it creepy, but Nezha's body type isn't very strange. He's just thin. Do you find Nekros creepy as well? Because Nekros is also thin. You seem a bit too sensitive. 

Like I said, he was described as being very feminine in almost all of his appearances in chinese mythos. The fact that you find it disturbing is, in itself, a little disturbing. 

Honestly, where did you get this? Which mythos described him as a "feminine man"?

Here is a picture of Nezha statuettes in Macao:

http://goo.gl/whiKNv

They look kind of... like ugly children to me +_+'

Holy crap I found a picture of Nezha in an Indonesian shrine:

http://www.chinatownology.com/images/nezha%20bali.JPG

Honestly, where did you get this? Which mythos described him as a "feminine man"?

Those statues you found look rather feminine dude... Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Despite my eccentric ways and strange manner, I support a more inclusive world.

However I feel compelled to correct you a little on this. The original deity certainly does not look like this.

There could be many versions of his depictions, so I won't say you're wrong. Cause I surely haven't seen all of them.

But as a mythology freak, I can assure you I've seen a lot of Nezha depictions that looks very similar to our warframe Nezha.

With his two buns, little skirt(actually it's an underwear), red ribbons and everything! 

(According to the famous 封神演義 - don't know what it's called in English)

Although Nezha was reborn as a grown man eventually, he often changed himself to look like a child afterwards. Which looks kind of androgynous.

*Again, I'm not saying you are wrong - it's mythology, and it differs a lot depending on who wrote it or painted it.*

And always nice to see other opinions :)

+Added a reference pic of such example.

Nezhafamilyaltar.jpg

Edited by Vantan_Kudra

There could be many versions of his depictions, so I won't say you're wrong. Cause I surely haven't seen all of them.

But as a mythology freak, I can assure you I've seen a lot of Nezha depictions that looks very similar to our warframe Nezha.

With his two buns, little skirt(actually it's an underwear), red ribbons and everything! 

(According to the famous 封神演義 - don't know what it's called in English)

Although Nezha was reborn as a grown man eventually, he often changed himself to look like a child afterwards. Which looks kind of androgynous.

*Again, I'm not saying you are wrong - it's mythology, and it differs a lot depending on who wrote it or painted it.*

And always nice to see other opinions :)

All the photos I've searched for photos of Nezha from his actual contemporary temples seem to show otherwise.

I'm not sure if ancient chinese kids had that apron. I always assumed they were allowed to run around completely naked and nobody would care. I am also unsure of the bun. If that bun is actually the style of hair for male children at the time then it has a different significance than what is assumed today.

This is a very interesting topic when going into it deeper.

Edited by Coryphaus

All the photos I've searched for photos of Nezha from his actual contemporary temples seem to show otherwise.

I'm not sure if ancient chinese kids had that apron. I always assumed they were allowed to run around completely naked and nobody would care. I am also unsure of the bun. If that bun is actually the style of hair for male children at the time then it has a different significance than what is assumed today.

This is a very interesting topic when going into it deeper.

I did some more research on that, and it seems you were right. I've mostly seen comparably modern, or Hindu sculptures/paintings of him, which had some aspects of Krishna melted in. But some very original statues were closer to warriors.

Never knew that, but at least DE got the modern version well.....

Thanks, this was interesting.

The two side buns is a hilarious but used to be pretty common place one for children of both genders. Still see it sometimes in china today.

The apron is old school chinese underwear, diff versions worn by children and women, called dudou 肚兜

When Nezha was born he skipped infancy and went straight to 'that little S#&$' age and ran around in underwear with the buns, hence the typical depictions of him. After he killed himself and was resurrected he got his firewheels, spear and stupid ribbon but still ran around in underwear but garnished with lotus petals since his new zombie body was made from lotus seeds or something.

That's what i learnt as a little S#&$ myself. And yes, i too was thoroughly confused as to whether he was a boy or girl when i first learnt about him. Also he can generate three heads and six arms in combat.

You are more than welcome to dislike design decisions. We all have our likes and dislikes, especially when it comes to Warframe aesthetics. Our character artists and modelers are incredibly talented and creative. Funneling that creativity into the game makes Warframe a unique experience with variety that peaks interest in all players. 

That said, please be respectful when providing feedback. Locking.