Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gears Of War: Ultimate Edition Coming In 2016

TheErebus.

Gears of War was surprisingly decent. Everyone gives it flak for being the generic power armour shooter, but I thought it was good. The variety in locations was one of its biggest qualities.

I played up until the second game (after that I switched to PS3). I enjoyed both of them.

You got out of Gears of War at the right time then, Gears 3 pretty much killed the franchise. The earlier writers didn't craft the best storytelling in one and two but there was a sense of cool scenes and the individual chapters still worked as a story even if the pacing and order didn't. Gears of War 3 killed whatever potential the game series still had which is fine if that was the true intent - though its scenes and pacing made more sense at times, the chapters and the overall story lacked energy or structure. while killing any potential for more games or stories on Sera.

DkS3 will be released in the west on April 12th (I already Pre-ordered my collecter's edition filled with Statues and stuff)

How does Dark Souls 3 look compared to the rest so far? graphic wise it looks great but what about gameplay? I havent played Dark Souls yet, but always wanted to. 

How does Dark Souls 3 look compared to the rest so far? graphic wise it looks great but what about gameplay? I havent played Dark Souls yet, but always wanted to. 

Dark Souls 3 is very similar to Dark Souls 1. 

Search up Dark Souls 1 gameplay and then compare it to Dark Souls 2. 

The animations are more akin to Dark Souls 1. Many players who played the Network Test said that it felt almost the same as DkS1 (which is a very good thing btw). It's going to be a little bit faster than Dark Souls 1. It has omni-directional rolling as opposed to cardinal rolling (basically, cardinal rolling only lets you roll foward/back/left/right. Omni-directional rolling lets you roll in any directional you want).

Dark Souls 3 is very similar to Dark Souls 1. 

Search up Dark Souls 1 gameplay and then compare it to Dark Souls 2. 

The animations are more akin to Dark Souls 1. Many players who played the Network Test said that it felt almost the same as DkS1 (which is a very good thing btw). It's going to be a little bit faster than Dark Souls 1. It has omni-directional rolling as opposed to cardinal rolling (basically, cardinal rolling only lets you roll foward/back/left/right. Omni-directional rolling lets you roll in any directional you want).

I was just watching this: 

Honestly, I'm already a bit disappointed haha! I thought it would be more realistic with the movements. The sword moves are outrageous and the way he moves during combat is just silly. Way too fast considering full plate armor with sword and shield. But hey, that's just first impression. I will most likely give the game a try anyways.

If the game keeps the extreme difficulty, then dodging and evasion will be a huge part of completing the game, which means that I would need to practice. I love that aspect of games when you need to actually get some skills to progress.

Honestly, I'm already a bit disappointed haha! I thought it would be more realistic with the movements. The sword moves are outrageous and the way he moves during combat is just silly. Way too fast considering full plate armor with sword and shield. But hey, that's just first impression. I will most likely give the game a try anyways.

The animations have always been on the strange side, in actual sword play the Chosen Undead (or whatever our character is in DkS3) would die very quickly. Greatsword animations are even worse imo. 

Dodging is a huge part in any Souls game (Bloodborne included). You can use shields, but it's a better to roll when you can. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-is-coming-in-early-2016/

So GoW: Ultimate Edition for PC has been said to be released in early 2016, and the same goes for Killer Instinct. The information was given by Phil Spencer, but it's all a little too vague.

A lot of Xbox one games will be coming to PC, however the thing you have to know is that they are windows 10 compatible only. IE microsoft know a lot of people hate windows 10 and are trying to force the "upgrade"  on them, just like with Halo 2 and GoW on Vista.

Do not buy it. It should have been called Gears of War: Mediocre Edition. Not at all worth buying, take it from someone who did.

You got out of Gears of War at the right time then, Gears 3 pretty much killed the franchise. The earlier writers didn't craft the best storytelling in one and two but there was a sense of cool scenes and the individual chapters still worked as a story even if the pacing and order didn't. Gears of War 3 killed whatever potential the game series still had which is fine if that was the true intent - though its scenes and pacing made more sense at times, the chapters and the overall story lacked energy or structure. while killing any potential for more games or stories on Sera.

Dafuq are you talking about?! Gears 3 is best Gears.

Do not buy it. It should have been called Gears of War: Mediocre Edition. Not at all worth buying, take it from someone who did.

Dafuq are you talking about?! Gears 3 is best Gears.

I would have to personally disagree AFGrizzly, there is a reason that many players and reviewers referred to it as a franchise killer. That said, if you liked it that is cool and I hope that they cater to you with the rumored 4th game. Epic and Microsoft lost me and my old Xbox teammates with the terrible writting and sometimes counter intuitive scenarios of Gears of War 3. Mind, Gears 1 and 2 were not 'art' but they captured the teamwork comraderie, comic book squad combat, and over-the-top violence that made Gears of War and endearing series to play in.

I would have to personally disagree AFGrizzly, there is a reason that many players and reviewers referred to it as a franchise killer. That said, if you liked it that is cool and I hope that they cater to you with the rumored 4th game. Epic and Microsoft lost me and my old Xbox teammates with the terrible writting and sometimes counter intuitive scenarios of Gears of War 3. Mind, Gears 1 and 2 were not 'art' but they captured the teamwork comraderie, comic book squad combat, and over-the-top violence that made Gears of War and endearing series to play in.

Ah no, Judgment was the franchise killer.

Judgement was the attempt to have a prequel recovery, same thing for Reach with Halo. It flopped hard yes but Gears 3 killed the frachise. Its the same path games like Mass Effect 3 took writing wise, when the person in charge of the story gets so hung up on closing up their arch that they try a 'kill-em all' approach to all the principals or threats. It works as an escape mechanism in short stories and plays because the audience doesn't have expectations to learn more about this story or its setting and thus trying to neatly tie bows around things or kill off everyone pretty much resolves everything. In Gears3 and Mass Effect3 - even ignoring the nonsense color coded ending silliness - the two games effectively killed any future story growth for those settings as established. When you have a Sera without Humans and Locust, what do you have besides a bunch of steroid pushing linebacker types? Mass Effect 3's endings mostly boiled down to destroying all current faster than light travel and sending most of the Milky Way Galaxy back to a relative stoneage. annihilating many npc civilizations outright or decimating several planets including Earth - how do you have Mass Effect without the tech and setting that gives the Franchise its name? In both cases, the publishers and developers are moving or tried to move in the case of the failed Judgement; to move either back in the time before or possibly far in the future so they can mostly avoid the ramifications of the writing trying to help the franchise commit suicide. Time will tell if Gears 4 or Mass Effect Andomeda pull that off but at least for some, the franchise killer did its job and the story is over.

-snip-

Hahaha what? Exactly 3 named characters died in Gears 3, one had been presumed dead the previous 2, and another was the antagonist. Also it was supposed to end with 3, just like ME3, but because money is money, they made/are making more. Sending the milky way back to the stone age? Lol, no. In every ending (excluding the 'everybody dies' end) the Mass Relays get rebuilt. Decimating planets? I assume you mean the red ending, which you have to actually try to get the low number of back-up, if you played all 3, you're most likely, no, definitely going to get the version of it where only synthetics are destroyed. And guess what? They're robots, they can be rebuilt! It's funny, you call them 'franchise killers', simply because the story ended. A franchise killer is a game that's so bad, no more would be made after because they wouldn't sell. Get your facts right before you type your next wall of ignorance. 

I am aware of what a franchise killer means AFGrizzly and I am also aware that no matter what ending you picked, the population of the Asari homeworlds and the Turians is destroyed as best case scenario they were destroyed either to get the artifact on the Asari homeworld, or during the blockade effort of the Turians that the Reapers just crushed to get through to Earth. No ignorance I am afraid. Its telling when the directors of the upcoming games outright say that they are going to studiously avoid any developments from the previous games because it would be too hard to explain how the current game can exist. Same for Gears 3 to 4 with the writer for the third thinking that the Locust were aliens from another planet when they were the natives mixed with a Gear leadership's super soldier program and Epic having to release an artbook explaining the nature of the Locust Queen instead. Even the new Star Trek director is having a darn hard time explaining why eveyone isn't just using transporter tech eveywhere and mostly immortal after the plot of 'Into Darkness'; that is the result of bad writing and trying to recover a franchise but I have pulled the thread from its original topic. I hope you can enjoy the new games and such and hope they do well by you.