Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons For Ronins/freelance Mercs?

EversorMetus

Allajh's quote:

"If there are weapons and the like that can only be obtained by being a part of the clan there should be weapons and the like you can only get by remaining a Ronin or Mercenary etc."

Pretty interesting idea there bro. Something for lone Tennos who dont want to join a Clan. The Lore maybe some sort of forbidden or corrupted weapons? Possession of such "bad" weapons disqualifies Tennos from honorable clans?

Sum it up. Exclusive weapons for lone Tennos. If you buy those "lone tennos/forbidden/corrupted/insert fancy words here" blueprints/ craft those weapons/ have those weapons in inventory you can not join a clan. Sell all those BP/Weapons and you can join clans. if you have clan weapons you can not buy lone Tennos weapons

Those weapons have the same requirements as the Clan's ones, and put "corrupted" Fieldron BP and the likes with the same crafting resources, credits, time requirements in the market to balance?

Hek, maybe DE could spice things up and make the appearances, stats, requirements completely different to distinguish Lone Tennos from Clan Tennos.

What do you guys think about this idea? Something for lone Tennos eh?

Edited by EversorMetus

The only way to go about this and prevent community outcry about imbalance would be to make these weapons exactly the same in stats and functionality, but different in looks, from the ones made by clans.

Sure, that would be nice but wouldn't really add functional content, which is why DE is getting much grief from that same community.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Sum it up. Exclusive weapons for lone Tennos. If you buy those "lone tennos/forbidden/corrupted/insert fancy words here" blueprints/ craft those weapons/ have those weapons in inventory you can not join a clan. Sell all those BP/Weapons and you can join clans.

Apart from this bit, everything else about your post sounds epic. But seeing as how this post is about equality, then either lone Tenno would have to be banned from using Clan weapons, or you scrap the idea of not being able to join a clan if you have BPs or Weapons for Lone Tenno. You just have to not be in a clan to make them. Once you've made them you're sorted.

Edited by Notso

That would be nice but for a co-op orientated game I don't know how it would go down

There are options to play completely solo or to PUG with random people, it would be just fine.

Apart from this bit, everything else about your post sounds epic. But seeing as how this post is about equality, then either lone Tenno would have to be banned from using Clan weapons, or you scrap the idea of not being able to join a clan if you have BPs or Weapons for Lone Tenno. You just have to not be in a clan to make them. Once you've made them you're sorted.

Yeah but why join a clan only to go into their research rooms, buy the plans for what you want, and then leave?  Why not have those options without going through the motions or a very similar alternative?

Every weapon that isn't the alpha stage dojo ones fits this description, slapping 'Ronin/Superkewlsoloninja' onto them just sounds like a desperate attempt at further exclusivity.

The desperation is coming from the other side.  I.E.  "Why do you have to be away from the group/herd/dojo?  Join us.  We have cookies!"

Edited by Allajh

Yeah but why join a clan only to go into their research rooms, buy the plans for what you want, and then leave?  Why not have those options without going through the motions or a very similar alternative?

tumblr_m5gym33YKo1rw1yrwo1_400.jpg

1. Join clan. Get blueprints. Leave clan. Get solo items.

2. Join clan. Never talk to anyone. Do what you will with Dojo.

3. Join clan. Wait for DE to balance resource cost. Move on with your life.

Pick one.

Ah sorry. I forgot about the "if you have clan weapons you can not buy lone Tennos weapons". Well if lone Tennos weapons are exactly the same as the clan ones with different name even with lower stats it would save DE from lots of shjt storm. This idea is kind of a Rage Relief.

Hmm I could see this working in a situation where certain weapons were made illegal/banned by the body that governs the Tenno.

I personally cannot really see that happening, judging by the complete lack of empathy for our enemies (from both the Tenno and Lotus) as well as the fact that no one seems to have a problem with us using chemical or biological weapons as well as chopping things into little pieces, seem to make any ethical boundaries unlikely.

So really lore kinda blocks this, but I would like to see it happen. More weapons the more better.

I like the idea. +1.

But you won't get much support, because there are too many people in clans who hate the idea that there could be some items in the game that they can't get.

People can say "It's a co-op game", or "you're anti-social" as much as they want, everyone has their own reason for not getting a clan.

Personally, I find this game fairly easy playing 100% solo, so joining a clan would take all challenge out of it. The idea of making it even easier by taking another 3 people along bores the hell out of me. Not to mention the unfun way people just rush through the damn things.

But you won't get much support, because there are too many people in clans who hate the idea that there could be some items in the game that they can't get.

The point I'm going on about is equality. It's not fair at the moment to lone-players, but lone players can just join a large clan. get the BPs, then leave again if they want. Making weapons that you can only own if you're not in a clan, and being prevented from joining a clan if you own them makes the people campaigning for such weapons hypocrites, and a lot worse than the people in clans at the moment saying "just join a massive clan for 2 minutes and buy the BPs".

Why on earth should they put out solo / ronin items when they WANT us to group up and play together?

This is a co-op clan-centric game, if you want to go it solo that's your choice but there are direct and tangible benefits to being in a clan by design. They are literally incentivising people to join clans so that we group up and some people keep asking for solo / super small clan options.

There comes a point where you have to recognize game mechanics for what they are; this game has mechanics that give you a reason to form up into clans and socialize rather than just soloing / pugging it constantly.

And frankly, joining one of the super huge clans really wont do anything that being solo wont already and you'll have access to a dojo and clan weapons.

So basicaly you wanna get some weapons that are in the range of clan ones? That is stupid idea, most of the

clans worked hard to get those weapons ( materials, forma and time ). DE should give free weapon pass for people that are not in clan? If you wanna some special weapons, join a clan.

I cant support this idea, this is a co-op oriented game and the game will get heavier with the clan mentality. Not to mention for us over achievers who plan on leveling everything your basically saying that with this idea I need to join a clan, get the weapons, leave the clan, get those weapons, then join a clan to get the new clan weapons, the cycle continues. This is a co-op game and DE should in no way cater to those who "Refuse" to join a clan and play/meet new players. There is obviously extenuating circumstances that would not allow someone to play with other people (Like Satellite internet) but those individuals can still join a clan, chat with players and have access to the clan weapons.