The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tutorial: How To - Interception [Hyper Complex Sortie Edition]

Meneliki

Question

Step 1) Choose a point. They're labelled A, B, C and D. That's FOUR points. A keen observer will note that the game mode allows for upto 4 players! Interesting!

Step 2) Go to your chosen point. Is there already a Tenno there?

2a) Yes? Back to step 1! Do not double up on points, it's inefficient and allows the enemy free victory points. Capture all 4 points simultaneously to deny the enemy any points! If the enemy has ANY points at all, you've already made a mistake.

2b) No? Great! Stay here until the point is yours!

Step 3) Defend your point! That means stay there and fight things. From the confines of your point. Do not leave your point. Reviving someone is an acceptable reason to leave your point, but only if it can be done fairly promptly. If you can't get there quickly/easily, let them die and revive. Stay on your point.

That's it. Sorry if this was overly complicated. I'll try and write a simplified version if the demand is there.

Oh, btw. Don't bring un-maxed gear to a sortie. It's not Draco. Thanks for your understanding.

17 answers to this question

Actually i feel as if this isnt a very good guide. I think you should hold 3 objectives. This is what my squad does all the time. We usually have a ember or something that is just pure damage running around helping while the other 3 are more defensive

It's not Draco.

This about 17,000 times. If it's a sortie Interception, stop bringing your Draco farming crap. I'm not there for half an hour of standing in one place trying to rack up sweet exp, brah. I'm there to finish the damn mission and move on with my day. Bring CC frames and gear, stop the enemy instead of trying to kill them by the thousands. It takes exactly as long to kill 20 enemies after all four points are capped as it takes to kill 2000. The difference is how hard you have to throw out CC powers to catch the new batch.

The problem is not so much standing in one point, it is more:

- people don't bring CP

- people don't use CC

- people don't capture points

- people die a lot because they are semi afk and not even notice that the point they defend is taken over

- people that play Loki and Rino all have broken 1, 3 and 4 keys since they appear to be unable to press anything else then 2

- people don't bring CP

- people don't use CC

- people die a lot because they are semi afk and not even notice that the point they defend is taken over

- people that play Loki and Rino all have broken 1, 3 and 4 keys since they appear to be unable to press anything else then 2

This is great! lmao I play a range and efficiency loki for disarm with the augment for disarm

Or just get Mirage with max range and spam 4th ability

yeahno

Why not, it's very VERY effective.

Though I just get undertow hydroid so I can go afk and still defend the point against lvl 100 enemies without doing anything.

Edited by Recro

Why not, it's very VERY effective.

Though I just get undertow hydroid so I can go afk and still defend the point against lvl 100 enemies without doing anything.

Hydroid on a single capture point Interception could go on forever.

:P

Edited by Zolfan

Step 1) Choose a point. They're labelled A, B, C and D. That's FOUR points. A keen observer will note that the game mode allows for upto 4 players! Interesting!

Step 2) Go to your chosen point. Is there already a Tenno there?

2a) Yes? Back to step 1! Do not double up on points, it's inefficient and allows the enemy free victory points. Capture all 4 points simultaneously to deny the enemy any points! If the enemy has ANY points at all, you've already made a mistake.

2b) No? Great! Stay here until the point is yours!

Step 3) Defend your point! That means stay there and fight things. From the confines of your point. Do not leave your point. Reviving someone is an acceptable reason to leave your point, but only if it can be done fairly promptly. If you can't get there quickly/easily, let them die and revive. Stay on your point.

That's it. Sorry if this was overly complicated. I'll try and write a simplified version if the demand is there.

Oh, btw. Don't bring un-maxed gear to a sortie. It's not Draco. Thanks for your understanding.

Too long didn't read.

(Joking ofc.)

Edited by Zolfan

This is great! lmao I play a range and efficiency loki for disarm with the augment for disarm

My first run was with Ember and 2 rino, 1 loki, we did not even manage the first round, because I could not manage to capture all the towers myself while the rest was busy doing nothing productive(80%+ of all damage done by myself) and going down non stop because of her problem when it comes to press 4.

I did help my clan mate with his one after I finished it and we had 2 other people with banshees, my mate used his nova and I my loki for it. Disarm, prime them, then pin them down. The hole thing takes like 8-9 minutes, with minimal effort.

Loki/Rino are more or less ideal for missions like this if they are played right.

I know this is meant to be a bit of a joke, but...

Sometimes it's just not feasible to defend all 4 points, due to weaknesses in the team or having less than a full squad.

On several of the maps there exists a Point that is much, much harder to hold than all the others. Examples include the centre point on Ceres, the ground floor point on Galleon, the bottom stairway on Gas City, and the point near the pit of doom on Corpus ship.

There also exists points that tend to receive much less attention from enemies, such as the low point far opposite the elevator on Ceres, or the uppermost point on Corpus ship.

If you want to succeed in PUG Sortie Intercepts without being utterly reliant on particular frames, you need to know which points you can temporarily leave alone with relative safety in order to help a teammate, which points are mostly likely to need reinforcement, and recognise when it would be best to simply abandon a difficult point altogether in favor of holding 3 easier points.

- people don't bring CP

- people don't use CC

Well, many players are just hoping to get a Mirage in the team so that they can bring even a MK1 set and be fine.

I am usually that Mirage just to avoid complications..

In all seriousness it's not always that simple. I was nova for the interception today and I would often run to the center to m prime so i got every last enemy on the map.

From where I was it wouldn't reach the other side even with 250% duration

Other frames that are large area of effect cc would be better off in a more central location to the majority of enemies IF the group doesn't have the right mods and equipment. (In level 80-100 sortie PUB's 80% of the time)

Edited by (PS4)thinkfasthippie2