The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Dropping After Some Time In Any Kind Of Missions

LionelAtwill

i had proof that this was still occurring but after i stopped recording and later went to the file, it was corrupted. My system is powerful enough so that i normally run 60-70fps at all times solo, even when i play for an hour or more. As client, survival especially, after about 17 minutes in it will start to get more choppy, with the fps going down to around 50-60, with constant spikes that freezes the frames for milliseconds at a time. 

After 20 minutes, firing my weapon will almost freeze the game, quite literally making it unplayable. This has been happening to me since update 18 so i have been either playing solo, or doing short missions. 

if it matters, GTX 960 SC 4GB, direct x 10 and 11 are enabled with mostly high settings. before update 18 hit i rarely ever went below 50fps with this card and hardly ever had stuttering, and never once would i have issues with firing a weapon causing the game to freeze. Not sure if it's related, but update 18 also broke vsync, i used to always run it since my monitor only supports 75fps anyway, but after the update hit vsync forced the game to cap at 58fps, it would not go any higher causing massive lag issues, so i had to turn it off and manually set it. 

There is also still an issue while being invisible with loki or ivara that firing a weapon can cause your game to almost crash, when enemies die from the bullets. 

If alt-tab cures things then I wonder: 

1) What version of DirectX are you using? (Check launcher settings)

2) Are you running Full-Screen, Windowed, or Borderless?

3) Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?

For comparative reference.

DX9,s extra components via direct download that W7 does not include, D10 and D11 selected in installer.

Windowed full screen due to occasional issues resuming after alt-tab with dedicated fullscreen.

Usually one or two driver issues behind the current WHQL one (because I hate driver bugs).

64bit warframe. Always.

No issues with lower FPS after/before resuming from alt-tab (which I do a lot), or lower fps in long missions (never play for more than 1 hour).

Used to get a lot of stuttering in Towers with white trees visible until I set the max frames to twice my refresh rate, but that's the only performance issue I've seen recently. Also used to see worse performance in SLI, but that's been gone a while now.

Edited by Kihana

i5-4690K, Asus Rog Matrix AMD Radeon R9 290X 4G,16GB SD-RAM DDR3.

64bit, Windows 10 Pro. Always the latest drivers (beta for AMD).

Game settings maxed. Dx10 and 11 checked, graphics settings everything on/high. No FPS limiter, due vsync handling it. Type: PC.

Yet facing some framedrops while running some cluster killing missions, e.g. infested excavation. Nova, Ember, Vauban. Every explosion, spam of particles, will drop down my FPS down to 40-50 for few seconds, even more, if the session keeps running for longer.

Might be a memory leak? Haven't noticed any kind of RAM overusage. Everything fine allocating between 2GB and 4GB RAM, as usual, even before U18.

If alt-tab cures things then I wonder: 

1) What version of DirectX are you using? (Check launcher settings)

2) Are you running Full-Screen, Windowed, or Borderless?

3) Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Both DirectX 10 and 11 are unticked, running fullscreen and my Nvidia drivers are fully up-to-date.

I'm playing x64 version of the game, because it goes white-screen and freezes when I try running the 32-bit version. Tried reinstalling, the issue wasn't resolved. I contacted Support about the problem, though. Would you have any idea regarding this issue, perhaps? Would be most thankful if you did!

EDIT: This is all running on Windows 10.

Edited by Gale47

[...]

Used to get a lot of stuttering in Towers with white trees visible until I set the max frames to twice my refresh rate, but that's the only performance issue I've seen recently. Also used to see worse performance in SLI, but that's been gone a while now.

That kind of selective stuttering that only happens in some areas has been around for very long. The only solution to it is to do what you did.

Out of curiosity, is your refresh rate 60Hz?

I kind of have this issue a bit myself, my pc is:

Intel I5-4690K

16GB 1600MHz ram

GTX 970

when I have the option on to show me the FPS while playing, it is showing me that it's 60 or higher, but as I run around, slide and all the parkour fun, my screen is kind of stuttering a bit, and I've lowerd all the settings to Low I still get the same stuttering effect, but the game shows it's 60FPS. It probably is running at 60FPS but the  fact that the screen is stuttering makes it feel like its not.

I have the same issue but it's only with Steam. When i play with the non-Steam version, i doesn't happens.

I5-4690

Gtx770 4Gb Video RAM

8Gb 1600Mhz RAM

I got this issue only with Steam and i have a lot of anothers issue but ONLY with Steam like paquets drop ONLY on warframe after +20m survival on the void (can't take ammo, didn't see the ennemies, can't move, my my friend running and stayed in place), loot flooting in the air too, and another ...