The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On What To Buy With Plat?

IcyCold

Question

Anyone know any pointers on what to get with plat?

I know I'll need potatoes and weapon/frame slots, but what else should I get also what should I never or avoid buying?

Edited by IcyCold

21 answers to this question

omni ammo boxes are a joke but you probably already know that, mod packs are kind of pointless too, to pay for just a chance at a rare one. I wouldn't suggest getting potatoes though, but that's just me who got lucky quite a few times and have plenty of them. 

Only potatoes, slots and forma. Maybe a color pack. Never buy frames. Never buy sentinels. Never buy weapons. It depends on how much you have or plan to have.

If you'll be going founders pack Hunter or higher then you could consider key packs, mod packs or helmets.

These are principles I go by and I have every frame but Vauban. All frames are potatoed. Some weapons are potatoed with a forma. Do your research and make sure you really like the weapon before potatoing it though. I have a couple weapons I wish I didn't waste it on. I purchased 1 key pack and a color palette. I still have about 400 plat on Hunter pack.

Hope this helps.

Edited by simeo77

Only potatoes, slots and forma. Maybe a color pack. Never buy frames. Never buy sentinels. Never buy weapons. It depends on how much you have or plan to have.

-snip-

Sentinels are decent actually, if you had planned to supercharge either of his stuff (or both) it's a cost of 35 more to get it now, but also get it fully supercharged, esp since the rush is 30plat (5 more plat really to buy all the mats)

Actually.. its pay for convenience.

For example if you like the banshee, but you dun have time to hunt for it because you spend most of your time working and earning a decent income.

Using that small part of your income say 5 to 10 bucks could save you hours of farming and jump you straight into action.

(some will say farming is part of the fun, so it depends on individual)

So end of the day, it still depends on your spending power and how much time you gonna invest.

Just my personal opinion.

Slots... Buy ALL OF THE SLOTS... I have like 5 pages of them and i still think i'm missing out... I even get to sell some weapons sometimes, like the ocasional Mk1 Braton or the Furis that i level just to have Mastery. Basically... SLOTS, SLOTS EVERYWHERE!!

For the love of all that is good and holy, never buy warframe revives. I figure you probably know this, and hell, probably don't die that often...but a lot of new players don't realise the revives come back after 24 hours, and are 4/4 per-warframe, not per-account. Like I said, I expect most people in this thread know this, but on the off chance some brand new player's browsing the forums...

Otherwise, yeah. Potatoes, forma and slots are really all that anyone needs from the store.

Edited by Acyl

If you'll be going founders pack Hunter or higher then you could consider key packs, mod packs or helmets.

These are principles I go by and I have every frame but Vauban. All frames are potatoed. Some weapons are potatoed with a forma. Do your research and make sure you really like the weapon before potatoing it though. I have a couple weapons I wish I didn't waste it on. I purchased 1 key pack and a color palette. I still have about 400 plat on Hunter pack.

Hope this helps.

I personally wouldn't buy forma as it costs around $20 and getting it through T2 or T3 Void runs seems much more efficient. I currently have about 4 forma, all acquired through T2 or T3 Void runs.

Considering the OP's Disciple status and the plat amount that goes with it:

Frame and weapon slots, your favorite color palette (I recommend classic saturated), 1 or 2 Orokin Catalysts/Reactors for your favorite weapons and frames, Dethcube, and Excalibur/Loki/Volt (great bargains at 75 plat considering they come with Reactors and their own slot). 

I disagree with you when it comes to the sentinel: when you start the game it is very difficult to get 115k to buy the BP and build the sentinel, plus all the materials that you don't have because you haven't even unlocked the levels to get them. A sentinel helps a lot, specially when you are using low level, basic weapons. Also, a sentinel costs 75 platinum and it comes with 2 potatoes (so its is 75 platinum instead of 40, not much of a difference). I bought my first sentinel and I don't regret it.

Considering the OP's Disciple status and the plat amount that goes with it:

Frame and weapon slots, your favorite color palette (I recommend classic saturated), 1 or 2 Orokin Catalysts/Reactors for your favorite weapons and frames, Dethcube, and Excalibur/Loki/Volt (great bargains at 75 plat considering they come with Reactors and their own slot). 

That is exactly what I bought, but it was Wyrm instead of Dethcube because the later didn't exist at that time :-(

Same here, bought Wyrmy, made Lemmy Dëthkube, bought potatoes.

Will make shade and potato him eventually for the survivability.

Slots, maybe Vauban because of the obscure alerts, maybe glaive (same reason). Everything else is farmable, you are paying for convenience