Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phoenix Gaze Damage

(PSN)selfproclaimed

Show me a video of you beating the Shadow Stalker solo with ONLY the Lato then.

Well shadow stalker will become resistant to any individual weapon quickly enough. I don't know why we're talking about stalker in the context of an individual weapon's strength though.

The lato is my most used secondary though, and it's been pretty reliable in my experience. I even bring it on sorties. That's with full forma and a catalyst though.

The ability itself sucks, it's just there for the passives. For that matter, they _all_ suck - with that huge cooldown, it's only very occasionally that your 5th can come in handy, whatever it is. I don't even bother to wait till it ends, just pop it and turn it off at once to get the passives working is all it's good for. Other trees might have some utility now and then, as I said, but mostly it's all about passives. 

Of course, here we go. I mention level 39's, and everyone immediately assumes I must be some noob. Go on then, take a guess! What is my MR? Give you a hint, been playing for three months.

And no Bogever, I'm not joking.

Point is, Sorties are higher levels, and Trials are higher levels, anything else is around about the 35-45 mark. MY EXAMPLE STANDS.

Ok so it's pretty sh!t for me because I do Raids and Sorties often who are around lv. 80-100. I'm sticking to Naramon. Lv. 40 is pretty much late-mid game here.

I beleive the power is weak for higher tier enemies. I am sadly only able to damage or atleast put a dent in one target if they are 40 any higher than 43 though its like I am shooting blanks at them as I see it doing nothing to their health. So now the thought comes in place. What could happen to it to make it stronger or well atleast compentent to match up with the powers of the other paths. Could say more damage but it may need a whole rework to make the path itself more interesting other than just a lazer. Any thoughts?

I wish you were on Xbox One so I could show you how much better I am at this game than you are. Just like EVERYONE ELSE I HAVE THE MISFORTUNE TO BE MATCHED WITH.

Hard carry is too real.

great-laugh-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a

What's funny is that it's only pc players slamming me for it, ergo, those of you without the means to actually step up.

The only point of that tree is for the damage Passives. +25% to all your damage physical damage forever yes please.

I thought it was 30% to all physical damage types when you maxed all 3.  (Checked, it's 30%)

However the way I heard it worked that it only Affected the final damage number and is separate from elemental scaling. (making it even more useless)

Realy hope they plan to adjust some of these schools, make it charge faster with conditions.

Eg.

Madurai = Kill ? Amount of enemies within 10 seconds gets you 10 seconds off the CD

Vazarin = Every ? health damage taken by you or allies within ? metres reduces cd by 5seconds.

Naramon = Crits reduce cd by ? second.

Unarai = Take  ? Damage within 10 seconds  reduce ability cd by ?

Zenurik = Every ? energy spent reduces cd by 5 seconds.

That's just an idea, currently there's not much use for them given how restricted they are and usefulness.  Only Vazarin and Zenurik are benefitical, energy and revives.  The others can easily be done without because they offer little in return for what they do and are easily made redundant by shooting/abilities rather than wasting 1-10 seconds for  less result.

Anyone can agree the ability actives need to interact with the skill tree, so it's a constant flow. Right now It's just so useless to use them again once you get the passives (unless you run out of revive tokens).

Edited by xFrostKnightx

What's funny is that it's only pc players slamming me for it, ergo, those of you without the means to actually step up.

My hand's already trembling at the sight of your 3 months of experience. 

But really, I'm not the type that likes to sit here and S#&$post- I mean, don't get me wrong I could do that all day but still, I can already see the mods preparing the warning points from here and I want to keep myself "clean", so lemme throw some facts about Phoenix Gaze ( And the Madurai tree in general )

1. Blast damage sucks.

2. The half-decent laser perks requires Chimera Breath, which cuts your damage even further, sacrificing it for a little bit of crowd capability

3. This is the amount of damage the so-called 10k Gaze does to a bunch of level 40 Corrupted Heavy Gunners ( Pardon the image quality, I'm playing on an ancient Egyptian relic a laptop right now. )

yxQFqGu.jpg

See that right there? That's me, dealing 500 damage ticks with a supposedly 'end-game' ability with 5 minute cooldown.

4. The IPS passives are bloody pathetic and requires you to activate Phoenix Gaze at least once. And if I'm going for passives I'd pick Naramon or Zenurik any day.

Edited by TotallyLagging

My hand's already trembling at the sight of your 3 months of experience.

But really, I'm not the type that likes to sit here and S#&$post- I mean, don't get me wrong I could do that all day but still, I can already see the mods preparing the warning points from here and I want to keep myself "clean", so lemme throw some facts about Phoenix Gaze ( And the Madurai tree in general )

1. Blast damage sucks.

2. The half-decent laser perks requires Chimera Breath, which cuts your damage even further, sacrificing it for a little of crowd capability

3. This is the amount of damage the so-called 10k Gaze does to a bunch of level 40 Corrupted Heavy Gunners ( Pardon the image quality, I'm playing on an ancient Egyptian relic a laptop right now.

yxQFqGu.jpg

See that right there? That's me, dealing 500 damage ticks with a supposedly 'end-game' ability with 5 minute cooldown.

4. The IPS passives are bloody pathetic and requires you to activate Phoenix Gaze at least once. And if I'm going for passives I'd pick Naramon or Zenurik any day.

Sorry for skipping the important stuff, but what the hell is on your operator's head??

If you give me the plat for the weapon slot and potato, I'd do it.

It's your Lato you're bragging about if you want to show how much better Lato's are to a Madurai Shot then prove it yourself with your own funds.

I picked Madurai mostly because of that Beam attack we had during TSD.. but its still close to it I guess.

It's your Lato you're bragging about if you want to show how much better Lato's are to a Madurai Shot then prove it yourself with your own funds.

I picked Madurai mostly because of that Beam attack we had during TSD.. but its still close to it I guess.

Did I say that I used my Lato?