The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe To Choose?

tedbearr

Question

Hi fellow players. Right now I am deciding whether to get Chroma or Saryn. Chroma requires a Saryn part so I want to make sure who to get. I heard that both are tanky and have their pros and cons.

I'm looking for a frame that can help out my team other than going around and killing enemies. Right now I'm playing Zephyr and Valkyr, and both of them don't really help out in survival missions.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me your personal experiences with the two war frames and convince me to get either Chroma or Saryn. Thanks for reading!

8 answers to this question

If you're thinking survival missions, I like chroma... With duration and efficiency, you can leave his Effigy up longer in a central point to help kill for you, and its roar does well to stun enemies in a very wide area allowing for revive, reload, and regroup time. - Direct in terms of damage, not so hot with my usual builds since his 2/3 are effectively self buffs only, but with the right build i hear potential.

On the other hand Saryn's new changes are ideal to spread mayhem and disease to large groups of clustered enemies... in higher missions a well placed viral proc can mean a great deal when cutting their health and dealing extra miasma damage.. with practice, i see that she has some of the highest damage potential in game.

Bottom Line... If you make Chroma... you'll have farmed the rest of Saryn from Kela De Thaym anyway.. so...

You can just get both, Sayrn parts don't come from a quest so you can get an infinite number of 'em.

Saryn's mass health debuff I'd certainly count as being helpful, Chroma is pretty selfish though.

If you want a sturdy Frame that can do more than tank, how 'bout ...

Trinity - Link is good, high-Duration 99% Blessing is godlike, everyone likes some Vampire Leech action

Mesa - Shatter Shield is OP, you can give your Squad a damage boost, Peace Maker is still good

Rhino - extra layer of protection + proc immunity + Squad damage buff + strong CC (+ bowling minigame), yay

Excalibur - dat damage, with Rage + ranged Lifestrike it's hard to go down, Radial Blind is not to be underestimated

Nekros - with good Strength + Duration on Shield of Shadows, he's quite sturdy and of course, Desecrate in Survival FTW

Oberon - fun all-rounder, Rage + healing abilities = yes pls, good AoE damage + CC, Smite is one of the best 1 abilities

Frost - Avalanche is a great panic button, Globe (yay max Range) is strong defense anytime and not least lets you safely revive

Atlas - really shines in Mobile Defense (lol Tectonics over the console), I like Summons, Petrify is non-crap CC, One-Punch Man action!

Thanks guys for the replies. If you want me to get Chroma, which element would be best used in solo, damage, and support play?

Cold, cold, cold.

^^ on a serious note, cold is a splendit choice as it offers armor and bullet reflection without range influence, what strongly benefits his playstyle by giving you the choice to push vex armor to the limits. (Negative range, max duration, base stats)

Fire is a poppular choice against infested and poison for specific weapons (fire damage/CC, reload speed, eather the same cold or somewhat balanced)

Electricity is the way you wanna go for the best support/casting damage as it is the only element that strongly relys on range for EW. Therefore requires a completely different build. No basestats except shields, takes a portion of the incomming damage and unloads it as electricity spark. Vex armor is therefore close to unuseable...

His EW support and SS are the only abilitys that require range btw. The effigy is unaffected so its entirely your choice what route you wanna take.