Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken [Ooc/recruiting/feedback]

crimsonspartan1

well i have absolutly no idea what for character i want to create for this...

Try something that you haven't done before, you have alot of characters which makes it hard to come up with something new. But there are alot of frames, each is unique, and each can have over 100 different characters. There can always be the crazy one, the wise one, dumb one, the ugly one... You can make a character centered on one theme, the opposite of another character, a good guy, a bad guy, inspired by someone else, the options are endless.

Or you can always just use one of your characters that you use normaly. Since this RP takes place at the end of the old war, before the cryo sleep and the memory loss, this can be actually cannon to your character and use it as backstory.

Your choice.

(Sorry, got a little carried away there...)

well i have absolutly no idea what for character i want to create for this...

I can see where you're running into problems, I've had writer's block many times.

Here are a few tips that I use (Do note that I'm a well-seasoned Roleplayer on other medias other than The Warframe Forums, I have experience and these are legitimate tips to get you started. :)

1. Start with a name. The simple name of a character gets the personality and attitude for the character done and makes it easier to flesh it out.

2. Own the character, truly make it yours, use a small part of yourself and add it to character, it'll make it that much easier to decide on what kinds of actions they carry out.

3. No intimidation, At times the other entries of a roleplay seem to be more thought out and tower over the others, don't think of it that way... A roleplay is made to have fun and there's no harm in other people going out of their way to have that fun. There's length requirements and rules in some RPs, but this is not one of them. Go crazy and have fun, ask for help and never be too shy about letting yourself loose. We're all here to have a good time and begin a big collaborative story. Just have fun, that's the goal here.

Name: Revan

Armor: Stealth armor which allows for short duration cloak (looks like Zero's suit from borderlands 2)

Appearance: Kai is a pretty tall person with pale skin and his right arm has been replaced with gold and white orokin robotics. 

Personality: Patient and Calm, he usually sets aside his feeling to take actions that are most favorable to him or the group he is with.

Bio:

Before the war:

Revan was a weapon designer making sure that the orokin's soldier had the best tech for against rebel groups and smugglers. It was on a weapon lab located on Sedna when his accident happend. a rebel group had broken into the weapon lab and managed to kill most of the soldiers but suffered big loses themself in that same attack. Revan was able to take the remaining few rebels out with an experimental  pistol. which backfired as the weapon overheated and exploded in his hand costing him his right arm. Revan employer heard about what Revan had done and, to revan's suprise, rewarded him with the cybernetic arm. Revan continued designing weapons for the orokin empire but trained himself in the use of them now too knowing those skills could save his ! again.

After that most things for him remained unchanged untill he met one of the tenno. He had heard much about them. they where god like warriors capable of cutting down the sentients with ease. He was terrified when he met the tenno. He was afraid. untill the tenno showed his took of his helmet and showed the face of a normal human. It was only then Revan realised what the Orokin where doing. They where changing innocent humans into living weapons. It was then that he had gone MIA dissepearing from the Orokins empire.

He managed to survive by trading weapons with tenno for supplies and protection.

After the war:

When the war was over not much had changed for Revan. He still was just gathering supplies to craft weapons out of them for more supplies and protections. 

He did manage to gather the supplies needed make a stealth suit giving him a short duration cloak. He also modified his robotic arm so that it holsters a protetype pistol feeding of the energy the arm and the suit generate.

Edited by kyrozon

Name: Revan

Frame: He's a  human.

Appearance: Kai is a pretty tall person with pale skin and his right arm has been replaced with gold and white orokin robotics.

Personality: Patient and Calm, he usually sets aside his feeling to take actions that are most favorable to him or the group he is with.

Bio:

Before the war:

Revan was a weapon designer making sure that the orokin's soldier had the best tech for against rebel groups and smugglers. It was on a weapon lab located on Sedna when his accident happend. a rebel group had broken into the weapon lab and managed to kill most of the soldiers but suffered big loses themself in that same attack. Revan was able to take the remaining few rebels out with an experimental  pistol. which backfired as the weapon overheated and exploded in his hand costing him his right arm. Revan employer heard about what Revan had done and, to revan's suprise, rewarded him with the cybernetic arm. Revan continued designing weapons for the orokin empire but trained himself in the use of them now too knowing those skills could save his ! again.

After that most things for him remained unchanged untill he met one of the tenno. He had heard much about them. they where god like warriors capable of cutting down the sentients with ease. He was terrified when he met the tenno. He was afraid. untill the tenno showed his took of his helmet and showed the face of a normal human. It was only then Revan realised what the Orokin where doing. They where changing innocent humans into living weapons. It was then that he had gone MIA dissepearing from the Orokins empire.

He managed to survive by trading weapons with tenno for supplies and protection.

After the war:

W.I.P

Awesome :D btw I have created another rp called the game which is a warframe / hunger games crossover if you would like to tag along. I'm not leaving this thread to die btw so I will be recruiting people for both broken and the game.

Awesome :D btw I have created another rp called the game which is a warframe / hunger games crossover if you would like to tag along. I'm not leaving this thread to die btw so I will be recruiting people for both broken and the game.

Good to hear you like it. I will take a look at your other rp but can't promise that i'm going to join it.

See? I knew you can do it!

He's quite interesting, but are you sure you don't want him to have a warframe? Maybe make his cybernetic arm be a warframe arm, but that's just a suggestion.

All praise Darth Revan!

Well i might add some tricks to that cybernetic arm but now i'm just thinking about what kind of armor he would wear since he needs atleast something to protect him from bulletshots. Or i will just make it so his cybernetic arm has a shield generator.

Well i might add some tricks to that cybernetic arm but now i'm just thinking about what kind of armor he would wear since he needs atleast something to protect him from bulletshots. Or i will just make it so his cybernetic arm has a shield generator.

It will definitely needs some kick to it, just having a robot arm isn't going to cut it these days. Try making it make sense why he has those functions to his arm, like a blow torch or a nail gun... maybe a built in Jat Kittag?

Anyway, for the clothes... try something that you like to wear, to make him associate to you a bit more. Dress good, feel good.

It will definitely needs some kick to it, just having a robot arm isn't going to cut it these days. Try making it make sense why he has those functions to his arm, like a blow torch or a nail gun... maybe a built in Jat Kittag?

Anyway, for the clothes... try something that you like to wear, to make him associate to you a bit more. Dress good, feel good.

Hmm well with his weapon crafting nature i already have an idea for his robotic arm and i think i will give him a stealth suit somewhat similair to what Zero from borderlands 2 wears.

now i'm gonna add some more to his after war story.

Konichiwa' everybody, I hope tis' not too late to join this rp, been wondering whether or not to join this rp since i've been keeping an eye on it for a few days, intriguing setting it does have. 

Already have 3 characters to choose from so... was wonderin' if I could join in the party!

Yea. Sure :D happy to have more peeps tag along

Konichiwa' everybody, I hope tis' not too late to join this rp, been wondering whether or not to join this rp since i've been keeping an eye on it for a few days, intriguing setting it does have. 

Already have 3 characters to choose from so... was wonderin' if I could join in the party!

Of course, join! The only reason this hasn't started yet is we don't have enough people. The party hasn't even started yet, but you'll be the one turning the music on! (That means that thanks to you we will probably be able to start)

One of my newer OC's let me know if it's ok to run.

Name: Sokras - Hunter Name: "Fox-eyes"

Race: Grineer

Weapon(s): Frontier Elite Lancer Karak, Kraken (Desert Camo), Grineer Shield (Coloured Whitish-greyish with "Freedom" written in Grineer text on it)

Faction: Tenno-allied (Views his Grineer brothers as mindless fool incapable of controlling their own fates and has a strong vendetta against them, and hates the Corpus due to their greed and lust for profit, but has no problems with doing business and odd-jobs for Darvo.)

Personality: Can be quiet and remorseful after what had happened to him, every new assignment seems routine, But he excels at team coordination and support. Even with his Lone-wolf background.

Appearance: Unusual mutation has given him fox-like eyes, He wears the same lightweight armor of Shield Lancers, but in a whitish-greyish colouring, allowing him to be quite mobile and due to his body recontruction process, is even capable of parkour feats similar, but not as perfected as the Tenno, the armor itself is made out of Corodite, a mineral that through years of caustic exposure on Ceres has become highly resilient to Corrosive effects. He will wear a full Frontier Elite Lancer suit (Whitish-Grey) for heavy duty missions.

History: Sokras was a Frontier Elite Lancer stationed on Earth, polluting the mighty forests of Earth, but with Vay Hek's Fomorian failure during "Eyes of Blight" he was moved to Kela de Thaym's personal guard. The life was monotonous, each Grineer inching their days hoping not to get selected for "entertainment." Entertainment being, Grineer troops fighting to the death in a crucible, meant to both strengthen the victor's resolve for the Queens, and to Kela's enjoyment. It would not be long before Sokras would be hauled off for this, he, who would hope not to ever harm one of his own brothers... These emotions were not shared by those in the crucible, or by Kela de Thaym. When given his Machete and commanded to strike down with another Grineer, Seeker-type, he disobeyed, throwing his assigned weapon off into the crater of the asteroid. As sentence for his disobedience? "Death by Atterax!" Cried the crowds of soldiers watching, as several Atterax-wielding Grineer approached both Sokras and his opponent Seeker, both decided to run for it. As luck would have it, the Tenno had launched an attack to destroy various mining equipment in the asteroid. Sokras and his new friend knew, the opportunity was not to be taken in vain, with security focusing more on the Tenno attack, they used this opportunity to re-equip themselves and bolt for the nearest escape vessel. Once they reached the hangars, The Seeker-type Grineer ran without thinkingof a trap, set by an Evisceration squad. Sokras watched as his brothers mercilessly sliced the Seeker apart by Miter blades and Atterax whips. "If Grineer no care about brothers, I care not for Grineer", Sokras thought to himself. With keen precision, he blasted a single clip of his beloved Karak into the ones he once called family. Before leaving, he would pay homage to his Seeker brother, the only one he saw who was willing to break free of his fate, and kept his Kraken and Seeker goggles as a memento. He had confided in a secret scientist within the Steel Meridian to take him in, months passed, all were painful experiments to body destruction and reconstruction, everyday, his body would be recreated, and painfully, and slowly destroyed, all while keeping his consciousness alive. A brutal science that now has kept his body durability quite strong, his resolve, rock-hard, So fortified, that cloning decay no longer poses a threat. He spent the remainder of his time as a free-lance bounty hunter, for anyone who had the proper motives, an unnofficial agent of the Steel Meridian, and an assistant to the Tenno, whom he views as his salvation from death's embrace. He is hoping for the day he can pay them back.

GunBuster, this RP takes place at the end of the old war (I think), so events that happened in the game didn't happen here yet. This is before the cryo sleep, before the tenno lost their memory. But don't worry, grineer are still a thing here, just not Darvo, Vay Hek, or any other characters that are still alive in the game.

GunBuster, this RP takes place at the end of the old war (I think), so events that happened in the game didn't happen here yet. This is before the cryo sleep, before the tenno lost their memory. But don't worry, grineer are still a thing here, just not Darvo, Vay Hek, or any other characters that are still alive in the game.

I put the OC up as it's base idea, the OC can be changed and adapted to suit the RP.

This is just the original as I have him saved on my notes.

One of my newer OC's let me know if it's ok to run.

Name: Sokras - Hunter Name: "Fox-eyes"

Race: Grineer

Weapon(s): Frontier Elite Lancer Karak, Kraken (Desert Camo), Grineer Shield (Coloured Whitish-greyish with "Freedom" written in Grineer text on it)

Faction: Tenno-allied (Views his Grineer brothers as mindless fool incapable of controlling their own fates and has a strong vendetta against them, and hates the Corpus due to their greed and lust for profit, but has no problems with doing business and odd-jobs for Darvo.)

Personality: Can be quiet and remorseful after what had happened to him, every new assignment seems routine, But he excels at team coordination and support. Even with his Lone-wolf background.

Appearance: Unusual mutation has given him fox-like eyes, He wears the same lightweight armor of Shield Lancers, but in a whitish-greyish colouring, allowing him to be quite mobile and due to his body recontruction process, is even capable of parkour feats similar, but not as perfected as the Tenno, the armor itself is made out of Corodite, a mineral that through years of caustic exposure on Ceres has become highly resilient to Corrosive effects. He will wear a full Frontier Elite Lancer suit (Whitish-Grey) for heavy duty missions.

History: Sokras was a Frontier Elite Lancer stationed on Earth, polluting the mighty forests of Earth, but with Vay Hek's Fomorian failure during "Eyes of Blight" he was moved to Kela de Thaym's personal guard. The life was monotonous, each Grineer inching their days hoping not to get selected for "entertainment." Entertainment being, Grineer troops fighting to the death in a crucible, meant to both strengthen the victor's resolve for the Queens, and to Kela's enjoyment. It would not be long before Sokras would be hauled off for this, he, who would hope not to ever harm one of his own brothers... These emotions were not shared by those in the crucible, or by Kela de Thaym. When given his Machete and commanded to strike down with another Grineer, Seeker-type, he disobeyed, throwing his assigned weapon off into the crater of the asteroid. As sentence for his disobedience? "Death by Atterax!" Cried the crowds of soldiers watching, as several Atterax-wielding Grineer approached both Sokras and his opponent Seeker, both decided to run for it. As luck would have it, the Tenno had launched an attack to destroy various mining equipment in the asteroid. Sokras and his new friend knew, the opportunity was not to be taken in vain, with security focusing more on the Tenno attack, they used this opportunity to re-equip themselves and bolt for the nearest escape vessel. Once they reached the hangars, The Seeker-type Grineer ran without thinkingof a trap, set by an Evisceration squad. Sokras watched as his brothers mercilessly sliced the Seeker apart by Miter blades and Atterax whips. "If Grineer no care about brothers, I care not for Grineer", Sokras thought to himself. With keen precision, he blasted a single clip of his beloved Karak into the ones he once called family. Before leaving, he would pay homage to his Seeker brother, the only one he saw who was willing to break free of his fate, and kept his Kraken and Seeker goggles as a memento. He had confided in a secret scientist within the Steel Meridian to take him in, months passed, all were painful experiments to body destruction and reconstruction, everyday, his body would be recreated, and painfully, and slowly destroyed, all while keeping his consciousness alive. A brutal science that now has kept his body durability quite strong, his resolve, rock-hard, So fortified, that cloning decay no longer poses a threat. He spent the remainder of his time as a free-lance bounty hunter, for anyone who had the proper motives, an unnofficial agent of the Steel Meridian, and an assistant to the Tenno, whom he views as his salvation from death's embrace. He is hoping for the day he can pay them back.

Welcome to broken my friend. I think we actually have enough people to begin this rp actually :D I'll begin it at sometimes tommorow. Happy new year :D

Name: Nuro

Frame: Zephyr

Appearance: Tenno, normal zephyr, Human has black long hair that reaches a few centimiteres bellow her shoulders, white skin, black eyes.

Personality: Uh... Undyne? I truly suck at writing a characters personallity, so if you played / watched someone play Undertale, it's basically her

Bio: Nuro was the best of the best in her Tenno squad. Brain, brawn, spaghtti cooking skills... everything.

Except... that there was a slight problem.

She can be angered very, VERY, easily. 

So after almost killing her teacher after he accidently stepped on her leg, she was sent to live on a deserted dwarf planet in the Kuiper belt.

Apperantly it wasn't deserted. It was the sci-fi equivilent of the wild west.

Small towns, cowboys, crazy town old man...

The humans there never even saw a Tenno; They were baffled when she first demonstrated her tail wing.

When the war hit, she didn't even know; she was busy rescuing kids from wells or chasing a certain individual wearing a red coat called Vash.

When she finally returned to the planets, she saw the results of the war.

She found a burnt skeleton in the place that used to be her dojo.

Her teacher... Or maybe not, there were plenty of people in her clan.

She was angred. 

Very.

Very.

Angred.