The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please End The Founders Program Soon.

Obscene

If you are that desperate to keep spending there are Platinum bundles. You needn't be asking for a new type of 'Founders' package just to justify spending again if supporting the game is what you want to do so badly.

I specifically stated to gain platinum.  And only a fool would spend $250 for 8800 plat, and then spend another $200 for 4400 plat. 

Read all threads before responding to one. 

For those who choose to ignore reason, and want to cling to Titles, which arnt important right, who cares about Founders Badges, they are dumb... Right? So get rid of the pack. 

Before you talk about things you do not have all of the info on, you should do some research. The Founders pack was meant to be for Closed Beta participants only, which you would know if you had been a CBT. DE made multiple statements, and issued warnings regarding it's end, which was to be March 16th. 

The fact of the matter is, that it should never have been open to open beta participants in the first place, so lets set that straight.

Secondly, if it does not matter, why are so many people opposed to it closing and them opening up a supporters package instead? If you people who are so rudely defending the stance of keeping it open, truly do not care, why be so vocal about it? Why not be on board for a supporters pack, that current founders could also purchase? Is it because you want to be a "Founder" even though you scoff at others for wanting exclusivity, which by the way is what it was originally intended for.

If you truly do not care, you should be all for DE creating another package, that EVERYONE, including current founders can purchase, as this will open up their possible revenue by a massive amount...

Think about all of the Grand Masters who can no longer purchase the packs, but have money to spend... That is a great deal of possible income, at least another 1000-1500 people to purchase even more. 

So lets cut the childish, blatantly stupid insults, because you think you understand the situation, and your opinion trumps other peoples views/feelings, and propose solid ideas and suggestions that can work for everyone. 

Edited by Zackai

Why? People can still join to help "found" the game for its official release. 

Never thought it was about exclusivity. I became one to support a project I believe in and the good people making it happen. All the above still seems immensely applicable.

Why? People can still join to help "found" the game for its official release. 

Never thought it was about exclusivity. I became one to support a project I believe in and the good people making it happen. All the above still seems immensely applicable.

Sure with a supporters pack. Then, everyone wanting to still get "titles" can, and those who already bought packs, can buy more packs, thus doubling the revenue from those people. 

You mean you think it'd work that well.

?? Really... Simple logic. If you have something that a portion of the population can no longer purchase, but they have money to spend, and a want to do so, then you are losing out on revenue.. That is very simple. If you open up the purchasing option to those who can no longer purchase something, and they want to, then you have thus increased your revenue.

This is really a simple concept, one I expected someone such as yourself would understand.

Since the overwhelming response here and in other related threads has been something like this: WAH, you want to be exclusive and have your private yacht club, WAH, they are just stupid Titles anyways, WAH, they dont even matter, WAH, stop being a Grand Greeder, Wah.... 

Then it stands to reason that those same people would be hypocrites if they did not want the Founders Package to end, if it means not having access to those same perks....

Then a Supporters Package would still allow them access to the things that supposedly matter, like supporting DE, and gaining plat, while now bringing in more revenue than the current package can. 

Edited by Zackai

Still Zackai, I'm having trouble seeing why DE would want to make that move.

They sold you that plat at a steal compared to their normal prices - as you yourself pointed out - I doubt they are going to want to allow you to buy more at that same huge discount. It doesn't make a lot of sense for THEM.

You got your 250$ Founder pack and out of it you got significantly more then that value in Platinum. I'm sure at this point DE would rather you buy plat Normally to support them.

On the bright side - you can get those 50% price cuts on Plat from login rewards now. You could always take advantage of those if you are looking to pay less for more.

On the bright side - you can get those 50% price cuts on Plat from login rewards now. You could always take advantage of those if you are looking to pay less for more.

I'd sure like to see more of this as a login reward, rather than 2000 XP for a WF that's already maxed.  If such a discount came my way, I'd prolly jump all over it.  (.....If, y'know, my significant other let me.  LOL)

I'd sure like to see more of this as a login reward, rather than 2000 XP for a WF that's already maxed.  If such a discount came my way, I'd prolly jump all over it.  (.....If, y'know, my significant other let me.  LOL)

Same here. If I get a 50% coupon I'd probably use it up. That is a very good cut.

I couldn't resist but to post here actually. I think (yes i actually do :P), that as long as it brings cash and lets the game we like so much to improve keep it going (the founders program ofc). If it had closed on march 16th i wouldn't have one, i find it a fair deal i get more plat and DE gets cash out of it to improve further. The plat and the support were the only reasons i bought the founders package (the one i could afford). Now to the main problem at hand (in this topic), Exclusive things actualy are something i never bothered with, if i want to feel good about myself i'll go into the game and help some starting players (give them tips, help them access an alert mission etc etc), this is the only way i think beeing special is good in a game. Now if You think a badge here makes you ohh so sooo special, i'm going to laugh for a whole day i think. DE can take away my badge on the forum any day i won't say a thing couse I just don't care. Now go play some EA games or ACtivision/blizzard for exclusives, hell you might actually help EA win the "golden poo" award again :P.

Ohh yeah one more thing about this exclusive kind of special and my opinion towards it :P

1277.jpg

(Pardon for any typos, English is not my original language)

Edited by ReapsterPL

I got the 50% discount login reward, however, nothing has changed in price anywhere and I have not been issued a code to apply either.

You know what this thread is about? speculation.

Zackai speculates that him and his tropel of "grand masters" who refuse to buy platinum unless they have a 60% discount outweight all the sales happening from people who are not yet at that range.

He speculates people with highest tiers of founders stop buying platinum.

Other people speculate with personal attacks and flinging crap at him. (yes guys, that's the best way to make someone who doesn't share your opinion even consider your point of view, really)

Now, let's look at the readily available evidence here.

1. DE has a marketing department composed of several business proffesionals.

2. They're the guys that make decisions to make the game more profitable.

3. Founders is still available.

The only logic conclusion is that founders being open outweighs any and all factors you can come up with, as correct as they are, they do not make a dent in the dosh founders is bringing in.

Now, anyone can chose to believe they know what they're talking about in here, but there's only one fact in this thread, that fact is : founders is still open.

Edited by SetAbominae

They'll obviously give a warning when they're ending it. Week advance would be nice :)

yea.. just like they gave us warning when they took snipetron out? or when they decided to frost prime available to everyone? or.. should i continue or do you see my point now?

yea.. just like they gave us warning when they took snipetron out? or when they decided to frost prime available to everyone? or.. should i continue or do you see my point now?

They were actually planing to remove the founders packs for a time and gave a notice about it, but changed their mind during the last day or something if my memory serves me right.

I take it you do not have a formal education in anything business related. If they ditched the Founders package and open up a support package, as I have already EXPLAINED, then they would be expanding their possible revenue by then allowing current founders to purchase addition packages. 

Right now, as a Grand Master, you can not purchase the Founders packs again, so until they get rid of it and bring out another pack that we can buy, they are losing out on our money.

Now, go read a book and settle down. 

Of course, cause they will TOTALLY do another set of packages as convenient as founders package right?

Nah, it's supposed to be a one time boost, you get a RIDICULOUS amount of platinum especially upgrading to gran master for an amazing deal considering the normal platinum price. 

There are already other packages, go get them.

It seems that some GM are not exclusive.So why stop?

DE should make even more expensive founder packs-like for 500 or 1000 USD so  spoiled bratz with golden spoon in their &#! could watch from golden throne at peasants.

They were actually planing to remove the founders packs for a time and gave a notice about it, but changed their mind during the last day or something if my memory serves me right.

You are correct, they pushed a lot of people into buying it last minute because they kept warning us that on March 16th, the Founders Package Program was going to end. So a lot of people thinking they had to buy in or lose out, spent money on it, just for DE to slap them in the face by keeping it going. 

Of course, cause they will TOTALLY do another set of packages as convenient as founders package right?

Nah, it's supposed to be a one time boost, you get a RIDICULOUS amount of platinum especially upgrading to gran master for an amazing deal considering the normal platinum price. 

There are already other packages, go get them.

You are joking right? You honestly think $200 for 4400 plat is a anything but highway robbery? That is a pathetic amount of plat for the amount of money. 

It seems that some GM are not exclusive.So why stop?

DE should make even more expensive founder packs-like for 500 or 1000 USD so  spoiled bratz with golden spoon in their &#! could watch from golden throne at peasants.

There is so much immature, uneducated, fail here is hurts my head. 

Any ways, I am going to stop reading this thread. It is only a reminder of why I try to keep myself as far from General Discussion as possible.... Because it has since gone from a great place of discussion, to Xbox Live 2.0. With a vast majority being nothing but ignorant, uneducated, children with way to much time on their hands now that it is summer time, and no real grasp on reality. Not everyone, but the majority, turning it into a cesspool of stupid. 

Fall couldn't come soon enough. 

Edited by Zackai

You are correct, they pushed a lot of people into buying it last minute because they kept warning us that on March 16th, the Founders Package Program was going to end. So a lot of people thinking they had to buy in or lose out, spent money on it, just for DE to slap them in the face by keeping it going. 

You are joking right? You honestly think $200 for 4400 plat is a anything but highway robbery? That is a pathetic amount of plat for the amount of money. 

I don´t know how people in USA perceive 250 USD for a game,but in my country only wealthy and die hard fan would pay that amount of money for a game.

But at least in Warframe you can get everything with that sum,but in some games you can spit multiple times that amount and get S#&$.