Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Prime Warframes Are Now Superior To Their Non-Prime Counterpart

Sil3nc3r

Why? Just why?

This feels like we took a step backwards...

VtP0Vgw.jpg

NXHsmTw.jpg

EDIT : Loki/Rhino and Loki/Rhino Prime seem to have the same stats. I however don't have Ash Prime, Trinity Prime nor Excalibur Prime so if someone would kindly post a screenshot of the stats differences so I can add it to this post.

EDIT 2 : Forgot to add Mag and Nova.

Edited by Sil3nc3r

After the PvP-mobility rework, regular frames were actually slightly "faster" albeit a bit squishier than their prime counterparts. Which gave them some purpose in Conclave.

Now there is absolutely no reason to bring a non-Prime version which just further widens the gap between new and veteran players, and not due to skill.

EDIT : Pytha beat me to it :(

Edited by Sil3nc3r

I'll admit it's not huge but it's still a difference that shouldn't even be there in the first place especially if PvP is supposed to be 'balanced' and 'skill-based'.

EDIT : It won't make a difference in most scenarios but then why even have it there in the first place?

Edited by Sil3nc3r

I'll admit it's not huge but it's still a difference that shouldn't even be there in the first place especially if PvP is supposed to be 'balanced' and 'skill-based'.

EDIT : It won't make a difference in most scenarios but then why even have it there in the first place?

Maybe, but it's just a small difference. The issue, and this is something we NEED to convince DE to not do, is use this small difference as a precedent for more and more differences until normal frames are useless by comparison. Remember, Primed Warframe's better stats started from small changes or not change at all in PvE

Maybe, but it's just a small difference. The issue, and this is something we NEED to convince DE to not do, is use this small difference as a precedent for more and more differences until normal frames are useless by comparison. Remember, Primed Warframe's better stats started from small changes or not change at all in PvE

I totally agree with you there although I think we shouldn't disregard this issue just because the difference won't have a huge impact in normal play. Something like this could make the difference especially if these increased stats mean that it would take an additional shot to kill with a specific gun.

A simple example of this would be that a gun requiring 3 shots to kill a regular frame now requires an additional shot because the target ends up surviving with a sliver of HP left.

Edited by Sil3nc3r

I totally agree with you there although I think we shouldn't disregard this issue just because the difference won't have a huge impact in normal play. Something like this could make the difference especially if these increased stats mean that it would take an additional shot to kill with a specific gun.

A simple example of this would be that a gun requiring 3 shots to kill a regular frame now requires an additional shot because the target ends up surviving with a sliver of HP left.

Reminds me of what Blizzard did in Warcraft 3 to balance a specific situation.

The Death Knigh hero unit had an ability called Death Coil, which healed an undead ally or damaged living enemies. It was reasonably cheap, short cooldown, long range and decent damage. The imbalance some people complained was that it oneshoted Archers (the basic attack unit of the Night Elves) so people cried for nerf because a DK could oneshot the archer from range then retreat to safety, the problem was that the Death Coil performed just right in every other situation situation. How Blizzard fixed the issue? increased the hp of the archer by 5. When a DK casted Death Coil the archer would survive with 5hp and just run to heal in a moonwell.

That's why I'm not really worried about this minor ehp difference. I'm worried of the possible ramifications. Just relax, I trust DE on what they are doing now.

As of today, prime warframes have the exact same stats as their normal counterparts.

Some of them are the same. Some of them are not.

Ember/Excal are the same.

Loki/Frost are unknown to me (if same sprint speed, they are the same)

Rhino/Nyx/Volt still have 5 extra armor.

Trinity/Nova still has 5 extra shield.

Mag prime still has 5 extra health

Please correct me if I am wrong.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/550458-reference-ehp-mobility-by-frame-need-new-data-as-of-u1821-again/?p=6682310

Edited by Pythadragon

Some of them are the same. Some of them are not.

Ember/Excal are the same.

Loki/Frost are unknown to me (if same sprint speed, they are the same)

Rhino/Nyx/Volt still have 5 extra armor.

Trinity/Nova still has 5 extra shield.

Mag prime still has 5 extra health

Please correct me if I am wrong.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/550458-reference-ehp-mobility-by-frame-need-new-data-as-of-u1821-again/?p=6682310

Yeah, guess I was lucky enough to look only at equal frames. Nevertheless, the difference is so negligible you will never notice it.

Why? Just why?

This feels like we took a step backwards...

As it should be. Both Lore wise and logic wise. 

I dont get why this is a problem. If nothing, it helps the game by letting people know that "Prime versions are better than the normals, strive to get them" Like some kind of progression. Warframe lacks this, we get it in PvP and people loses their minds.

As it should be. Both Lore wise and logic wise. 

I dont get why this is a problem. If nothing, it helps the game by letting people know that "Prime versions are better than the normals, strive to get them" Like some kind of progression. Warframe lacks this, we get it in PvP and people loses their minds.

You do realize that Primes are WORSE in this case? Did you even read the OP?