The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Farming?

Unity00

Question

Hey All,

Just came back to the game, and found out about the "War" weapon that the Stalker drops.

So, planning to rally up some friends to try and farm it directly. In trying to find out the most efficient method of going about this, I had a few things I wanted to verify/ask/etc the community....

1) My understanding is the chance of the Stalker spawning is linked to how many "Marked" members there are in a party. Does anybody know if having multiple Stalker Death Marks further increases that spawn chance?

2) I've read here and there that using a low level frame and weapons increases the chance of the Stalker spawning, but wasn't able to find anything on the Wiki to support those statements. Has this confirmed or is it just a theory?

3) Apparently the Stalker can take up to ~4min (280 seconds) to spawn. So I figured the best way to go about farming the Stalker would be:

- Get a full party of marked members (Make sure everybody has several marks if it increases Stalker's spawn chance?)

- Enter a mission that can be easily completed in less than 4 minutes, wait at the end for the stalker to spawn, and complete the mission if he hasn't spawned by the 4 minute mark.

- Rinse and repeat until desired loot has been acquired.

Is this method correct? Or is there a more efficient strategy for Stalker Farming?

Thank you in advance for anybody that takes the time to answer my questions!

9 answers to this question

1) ... Does anybody know if having multiple Stalker Death Marks further increases that spawn chance?

I read this too somewhere, so i killed every boss in the system, every corpus, grineer and infested and now i havent seen him for almost 2 weeks :( 

and before i started the boss-killing-frenzy he used to show up at least once per day... 

This steps you should try to take:

1) Fight boss, get message from stalker

2) Make a team full people with Stalker marks, which be 10% of him.spawning. A person by themselves would be 2.5% spawning in mission.

3) Do a quick survival for five minutes, if he dosen't do it again.

4) Get blueprint, if not just rinse and repeat.

You can do this too all the Assassin's ingame

Edit: Hope this helped :) Also you can check your profile to tell which assassin is coming for you

Edited by Ibro156

Hey All,

Just came back to the game, and found out about the "War" weapon that the Stalker drops.

So, planning to rally up some friends to try and farm it directly. In trying to find out the most efficient method of going about this, I had a few things I wanted to verify/ask/etc the community....

1) My understanding is the chance of the Stalker spawning is linked to how many "Marked" members there are in a party. Does anybody know if having multiple Stalker Death Marks further increases that spawn chance?

2) I've read here and there that using a low level frame and weapons increases the chance of the Stalker spawning, but wasn't able to find anything on the Wiki to support those statements. Has this confirmed or is it just a theory?

3) Apparently the Stalker can take up to ~4min (280 seconds) to spawn. So I figured the best way to go about farming the Stalker would be:

- Get a full party of marked members (Make sure everybody has several marks if it increases Stalker's spawn chance?)

- Enter a mission that can be easily completed in less than 4 minutes, wait at the end for the stalker to spawn, and complete the mission if he hasn't spawned by the 4 minute mark.

Is this method correct? Or is there a more efficient strategy for Stalker Farming?

1) 1 person having multiple death marks does nothing to increase the Spwan chance. just emans if he spawns on you, you don't need to go kill another boss quite yet.

2) it's a Rumour, nothing more. I personally say it's Murphy's Law (Anything that can go wrong, will) causing the seeming increase in spawns. but until it's confirmed, it's a fallacy. much like having a "lucky X" for a sports game. if you feel it works for you though, than great, do it as much as you want. but it's likely untrue

3) it's 5 minutes actually. though I've heard he can lag and spawn after 10 minutes, though it's much rarer if it is the case. many people like Survival for Stalker farming as it has a built-in timer. though I personally loathe survival (it's boring) and IF Stalker/Zanuka/G3/Syndicate assassin shows up, you can't extract to restart early

FYI, Only 1 assassin can spawn per mission (barring a Host migration, but don't count on that) so if Syndicates/G3/Zanuka/Stalker show up, you're NOT getting one of the others.

4 marked players will give you max chance to spawn

Stalker can show up basically ANYWHERE EXCEPT Assassinations (Including Void)

Ditto with Syndicates

G3 follow the same rules, but only with Grineer maps

Zanuka is same as G3, only with Corpus maps

I.E. since G3/Zanuka CAN invade on Grineer/Corpus maps, thereby cutting you off from Stalker, you're better off running Void or Derelict missions if you're farming JUST Stalker. it's a VERY slight increase in chance, but it's still an increase.

Something you should know (and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it) is that crafting War requires Broken-War to build, and crafting Broken-War requires War to build. You'll need either War or Broken-War first before you can craft the other.

Something you should know (and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it) is that crafting War requires Broken-War to build, and crafting Broken-War requires War to build. You'll need either War or Broken-War first before you can craft the other.

And to get Broken war, you need to beat the Second Dream Quest

1) 1 person having multiple death marks does nothing to increase the Spwan chance. just emans if he spawns on you, you don't need to go kill another boss quite yet.

2) it's a Rumour, nothing more. I personally say it's Murphy's Law (Anything that can go wrong, will) causing the seeming increase in spawns. but until it's confirmed, it's a fallacy. much like having a "lucky X" for a sports game. if you feel it works for you though, than great, do it as much as you want. but it's likely untrue

3) it's 5 minutes actually. though I've heard he can lag and spawn after 10 minutes, though it's much rarer if it is the case. many people like Survival for Stalker farming as it has a built-in timer. though I personally loathe survival (it's boring) and IF Stalker/Zanuka/G3/Syndicate assassin shows up, you can't extract to restart early

FYI, Only 1 assassin can spawn per mission (barring a Host migration, but don't count on that) so if Syndicates/G3/Zanuka/Stalker show up, you're NOT getting one of the others.

4 marked players will give you max chance to spawn

Stalker can show up basically ANYWHERE EXCEPT Assassinations (Including Void)

Ditto with Syndicates

G3 follow the same rules, but only with Grineer maps

Zanuka is same as G3, only with Corpus maps

I.E. since G3/Zanuka CAN invade on Grineer/Corpus maps, thereby cutting you off from Stalker, you're better off running Void or Derelict missions if you're farming JUST Stalker. it's a VERY slight increase in chance, but it's still an increase.

Awesome, exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks again!!

This steps you should try to take:

1) Fight boss, get message from stalker

2) Make a team full people with Stalker marks, which be 10% of him.spawning. A person by themselves would be 2.5% spawning in mission.

3) Do a quick survival for five minutes, if he dosen't do it again.

4) Get blueprint, if not just rinse and repeat.

You can do this too all the Assassin's ingame

Edit: Hope this helped :) Also you can check your profile to tell which assassin is coming for you

I thought each additional member only added 0.5% to his spawn chance...

So you could only get a 4% chance... 

o.o

Hey All,

As someone else said, just to confirm:

1. No, but you won't need to take a break and go kill a boss to get another mark. (stalker cannot spawn during assassinations)

2. No that's a myth/rumour.

3. it's around 4 minutes, dark sector survival imo arent bad, extract after 5 minutes, get a nice flow of credit + 5m reward possibly a stalker.

I thought each additional member only added 0.5% to his spawn chance...

So you could only get a 4% chance... 

o.o

Yes additional member only add 0.5% you are right, as read on the wiki:

"Spawn Chance = 1.5% + (0.5% × P); P = Number ofCell members marked for death."

So if you're the only one marked, you have 2%, with 2 marked player=2.5%, 3=3%, 4=3.5%

It's used to be higher, around 5% with a full marked squad.

Never have been 10% since I've been playing. That's almost 3 years.

Edited by Vantooth