The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding Rhino's Iron Skin And Ironclad Charge Aug Mod

(PSN)poloslash18

Question

I can't test this right now but if I use Rhino Charge (with the aug mod) with Iron Skin activated the health is added but after the effect runs out the health gets back to its normal state. Now my question, If I charge and then use Iron Skin, the health stays increased no matter if the effect runs out?

Edited by (PS4)poloslash18

15 answers to this question

Oh, hmm. 

I'd need to test that to know for sure. I'd imagine it'd be 'yes'.

Oh it does indeed, quite enjoyable, and now that self damaging weapons no longer impact Iron Skin's damage absorb period, the best and (personally) funnest way to have a huge Iron Skin.

Here's my iron skin values normally, before charging:

zz6nzJL.jpg

And here is after Ironclad Charging several enemies and instantly casting Iron skin (then pausing to check the ability level).  Ironclad Charge is affected by Power Strength.  Iron Skin's base health AND Armor multiplier is affected by power strength, it adds up quickly.

JB9jKsU.jpg

This is all with about 145-160% power strength and 701 armor (Prime, Steel Fiber, Armored Agility).  I just hold off on using Iron Skin until I have enough to case Charge and IS back to back, and wait until I see 5+ enemies. 

Edited by Gelkor

Oh it does indeed, quite enjoyable, and now that self damaging weapons no longer impact Iron Skin's damage absorb period, the best and (personally) funnest way to have a huge Iron Skin.

zz6nzJL.jpg

And here is after Ironclad Charging several enemies and instantly casting Iron skin (then pausing to check the ability level).  Ironclad Charge is affected by Power Strength.  Iron Skin's base health AND Armor multiplier is affected by power strength, it adds up quickly.

JB9jKsU.jpg

This is all with about 145-160% power strength and 701 armor (Prime, Steel Fiber, Armored Agility).  I just hold off on using Iron Skin until I have enough to case Charge and IS back to back, and wait until I see 5+ enemies. 

I tested it right now and when the count down runs out the health goes back to normal.... Damn and you said that they removed self damage buff to Iron Skin. ://////

I tested it right now and when the count down runs out the health goes back to normal.... Damn and you said that they removed self damage buff to Iron Skin. ://////

The ability screen in game just shows the stats the ability will have if you cast it at that time.  The Iron Skin's health remains unaffected, it "snapshots" the armor value at time of casting.  I've used it since the Rhino Rework, there is a distinct and noticeable difference in the health of an Ironclad Iron Skin and a regular one.

zz6nzJL.jpg

JB9jKsU.jpg

Is it possible to use iron shrapnel and Recast IS while IS is active, Cast Charge and then IS again? 

Is it possible to use iron shrapnel and Recast IS while IS is active, Cast Charge and then IS again?

Yes, but you can't deactivate IS/activate iron shrapnel during the 3 second invulnerability window. So while it's a potent combo, you can't use it to charge->iron skin->immediate iron shrapnel (gotta wait 3 seconds)

After trying out Ironclad Charge with Iron Skin i have noticed that the armor boost is only available while Ironclad Charge is active. i have checked my Abilities tab in the Options menu during gameplay at different times.

once Ironclad Charge effect runs its course, ur Iron Skin health drops. however, Rhino Charging enemies and kicking Ironclad Charge in again reboosts ur Iron Skin.

i have rechecked and rechecked my Abilities tab during a single Iron Skin run and the values decrease and increase in line with Ironclad Charge use. whether it applies a new armor value or uses the original value im unsure of.

it could simply be a UI bug, but it has been consistent for me this way.

The ability screen in game just shows the stats the ability will have if you cast it at that time. The Iron Skin's health remains unaffected, it "snapshots" the armor value at time of casting. I've used it since the Rhino Rework, there is a distinct and noticeable difference in the health of an Ironclad Iron Skin and a regular one.

Can u please recheck upon multiple uses of Ironclad Charges effect on Iron Skin please? not just the first time.

After trying out Ironclad Charge with Iron Skin i have noticed that the armor boost is only available while Ironclad Charge is active. i have checked my Abilities tab in the Options menu during gameplay at different times.

once Ironclad Charge effect runs its course, ur Iron Skin health drops. however, Rhino Charging enemies and kicking Ironclad Charge in again reboosts ur Iron Skin.

i have rechecked and rechecked my Abilities tab during a single Iron Skin run and the values decrease and increase in line with Ironclad Charge use. whether it applies a new armor value or uses the original value im unsure of.

it could simply be a UI bug, but it has been consistent for me this way.

Can u please recheck upon multiple uses of Ironclad Charges effect on Iron Skin please? not just the first time.

The abilities tab only shows what the ability would do if you cast it at that moment, not what the value of your currently active ability is at.

The TTL on an ironclad Iron skin is significantly higher through multiple tearing a Ive done in the simalcrum. Just go into simalcrum, cast is and let a gunner shoot you until it expires. Do that several times to get an average. Now do it using ironclad charge first, get away from the gunners long enough for ironclad charge to wear off, and then let them shoot you and time how long your IS lasts. It will be longer, because iron skin snapshots power strength and armor at time of casting. Just like if you are in range of an Equinox or Mirage buffer when you cast Iron Skin, the increased power strength on your active iron skin doesn't go away when you lose the power strength bonus.

Iron Skin is a "fire and forget" ability like snow globe and rock wall whatever it's called, not one that actively updates its status based on changing conditions. If it did than it would subsequently gain health during a charge due to increased armor and heal itself, which it clearly doesn't do.

Edited by Gelkor

The abilities tab only shows what the ability would do if you cast it at that moment, not what the value of your currently active ability is at.

The TTL on an ironclad Iron skin is significantly higher through multiple tearing a Ive done in the simalcrum. Just go into simalcrum, cast is and let a gunner shoot you until it expires. Do that several times to get an average. Now do it using ironclad charge first, get away from the gunners long enough for ironclad charge to wear off, and then let them shoot you and time how long your IS lasts. It will be longer, because iron skin snapshots power strength and armor at time of casting. Just like if you are in range of an Equinox or Mirage buffer when you cast Iron Skin, the increased power strength on your active iron skin doesn't go away when you lose the power strength bonus.

Iron Skin is a "fire and forget" ability like snow globe and rock wall whatever it's called, not one that actively updates its status based on changing conditions. If it did than it would subsequently gain health during a charge due to increased armor and heal itself, which it clearly doesn't do.

My Abilities UI says differently - ingame. Iron skin health value drops, as Ironclad Charge wears off and as I am damaged. Health rises again moment i Rhino Charge and hit enemies, triggering Ironclad Charge bonus.

And i check it often at the moment to ponder the changes.

I also am seeking clarification as to whether the UI is broken by having other people check their UIs ingame, multiple times while Iron Skin is active.

If i can get some screenshots i will try and upload them but i wont be on for another 30+ hours.

My Abilities UI says differently - ingame. Iron skin health value drops, as Ironclad Charge wears off and as I am damaged. Health rises again moment i Rhino Charge and hit enemies, triggering Ironclad Charge bonus.

And i check it often at the moment to ponder the changes.

I also am seeking clarification as to whether the UI is broken by having other people check their UIs ingame, multiple times while Iron Skin is active.

If i can get some screenshots i will try and upload them but i wont be on for another 30+ hours.

Like I said before, the abilities UI only displays the health your Iron skin would have if you cast it at that moment. So yes, the abilities tab will show lower health once Ironclad Charge wears off. 

But an already cast Iron  Skin will not be changed.   Test your Iron Skin's Time to Live (TTL) you will absolutely notice a difference between how long Iron Skin lasts against the same enemies with and without buffing with Ironclad Charge.  Think