The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Picking A Frame To Main

-GothKazu-

Question

I've played as Loki, Frost, Valkyr, Excalibur, Ivara, Ash, and Oberon.

So far I like Loki's invis and utility but I don't like his lack of damage abilities that make it so that your only actual source of damage is from your weapons which will suck at low levels and other such reasons.

Ivara was a step in the right direction but she was too focused on being sneaky. If you couldn't slowly make your way through the map, then u weren't going to live long.

I want a frame that has mild utility, able to solo most (if not all) game modes without falling too far short, capable of being stealthy when necessary and has decent CC (like I don't want to die in T4 Survival within the first 3 minutes *cough* Ivara *cough*

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Nobody can help you pick a frame - try as much of them as possible and play what you like.

Many ppl play a lot of frames and don't have main at all, i have all frames and all of them have fully functional builds and potatoes, syndivate mods, everything. 

Ember is fine, when you need to quickly do exterminate run or whatever till late mid-game content. She promotes bit of lazy style thou ;)

But yea, after the rework she's quite amazing. 

Sounds like you're looking for one frame to put all your effort into.

Not ALL my effort but like a frame I don't mind taking into X mission at X difficulty with X weapons. A frame I don't mind putting some forma into without wondering if I'll have to sell it for the slot. You know what I mean?

Not ALL my effort but like a frame I don't mind taking into X mission at X difficulty with X weapons. A frame I don't mind putting some forma into without wondering if I'll have to sell it for the slot. You know what I mean?

Triple, nice XD

Ash and Nova come to mind.

Ash lacks a true crowd-control option, though Blade Storm makes for pretty dead enemies pretty fast while being invincible for the entire animation.

Nova lacks true stealth, but Wormhole lets you teleport around enemies' lines of sight (and through Spy laser gates).

Ivara is the only frame that perfectly fits all four of your requirements. Just saying.

He really is right.

That's the best kind of CC one can truly have.

That's not even a lie. Dead enemys make the least problems. That's something many overlook as you HAVE TO KILL THEM AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, even if they're immobile and you protected.

Deep void runs only fail cause people forget this simple rule and run outa ammo eventually....

That's not even a lie. Dead enemys make the least problems. That's something many overlook as you HAVE TO KILL THEM AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, even if they're immobile and you protected.

Deep void runs only fail cause people forget this simple rule and run outa ammo eventually....

It's always a balance between CC/support and killing potential. Having a squad with all damage abilities can be problematic, especially when those Frames can't handle the heat. Even the solo Frames risk running out of energy.

And there's nothing wrong with bringing health/shield/ammo restores to long missions folks. They're tools just like any other ability, weapon, or mod. 

It's always a balance between CC/support and killing potential. Having a squad with all damage abilities can be problematic, especially when those Frames can't handle the heat. Even the solo Frames risk running out of energy.

And there's nothing wrong with bringing health/shield/ammo restores to long missions folks. They're tools just like any other ability, weapon, or mod.

Try telling this people that threat utility like a darn religion ....

When three quarters of the tenno you meet in PuGs are barely functional, then, yes, utility becomes very important. You have to carry these people or risk mission failure.

If you're in dedicated groups that can actually perform their roles on demand, then you can bring very focused 'frames and weapons to a mission and expect success.

Ya Loki is master race.

But out of what you describe, I would suggest Excal or Ash to you.

Both are very fun, and both have ability to stealth in a form.

Excal, build for some range and duration, and radial blind gives you all the benefits of stealth, but it benefits your whole team. Take the augment mod if you want to be a melee god. Rjavelin is obvious aoe, his charge will take you across maps when you learn to utilize it well. Then his Ult which with power strength does excellently. Just depends on how you want to play him, and I definitely don't see him as an offensive frame as you put it, I see him as a middle ground frame that does a little bit of everything while being very fun to play.

Ash, depending on who you ask is considering a very fun frame. I always take Vitality with him as it goes very well. He get get a decent duration on his invis, seeking shuriken neuters any enemies armor and is cheap to cast, Smoke Shadow gives you a bit of utility for group though a bit niche depending on mission and group. Teleport to enemy and BladeS all work to make for very fun times.

Out of everything you described that you want, either of those two sounds like the way to go for you and will offer you lots of variation on how to play them. Then there is the factor for Excal that he is highly sought after for Draco if you do that sort of thing.