Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Nerf Suggestion

Epsik-kun

Some people already said this but keep her invulnerability but add loss of health over time, she has innate life steal that we can use so as long as you are doing damage you keep your invulnerability.

You can add one of the following mechanics :

the damages she takes slowly increase the health loss

increase the health loss the longer you don't deal damage.

increase the health loss the longer you stay in hysteria 

That could help prevent afking, give an incentive to use health/armor mods (armor could slow the health loss), and maybe make a difference between a new player and someone who know how to move with her and avoid taking too much damage (mechanic 1). 

Even with this hysteria would probably still be pretty op but at least would have a real drawback.

We could also go with tweaking the energy cost (increase with more damage taken/longer you stay in hysteria etc) but i feel the health loss fit the berserker role better.

We still have a problem atm with naramon shadowstep which nullify most damage taken since we are perma invisible. Removing one of the only drawback of hysteria.

My take would probably to make shadowstep not working with melee abilities (excal, valkyr, wukong), only with pure melee. 

Edited by Gilmaesh

So now now when people cant pick on saryn anymore they move to valkyr? Hysteria is the only usefull she brings to the table, its limited to meele and only buffs you. But since you are so eager to nerf her ( despite she has been reworked), dont use more armor as a argument beacuse the more armor you have, the less it scales.

So now now when people cant pick on saryn anymore they move to valkyr? Hysteria is the only usefull she brings to the table, its limited to meele and only buffs you. But since you are so eager to nerf her ( despite she has been reworked), dont use more armor as a argument beacuse the more armor you have, the less it scales.

I have problems following you. Hysteria nerf is a thing people have been requesting for since Hysteria rework. And rather than having it be a simple boring damage reduction, I would rather have it being changed to a more interesting, interactive and deep mechanics, while keeping some of the invulnerability as something unique to Valkyr.

Also, removal of complete invulnerability is a perfect excuse for an overall buff/rework, that can make Valkyr into much more than just a walking ultimate. Majority of rejections in similar threads start with "but Hysteria is the only part of her kit that's good" .

Also, armor has linear scaling in Warframe, and I have no idea why you're bringing this up.

• 2 months later...

I myself play valkyr without using hysteria. I only use her because i like her as a frame and i like the armor, so i don't get shredded once level 60 rolls around and a bombard decides to fire one rocket. If i ever use hysteria it is either to help a teammate up or to simply have a bit of lifesteal, that could also be easily achieved with lifesteal mods.

Reworking her ultimate is fine with me as long as it still functions in some way. I still think she needs lifesteal but i also think making her completely invulnerable is a bad idea. We have skills like iron skin already, that absorb a fixed amount of damage but i am unsure if hysteria should go the same path.

Maybe let her build up damage she deals in a third lifebar with modifiers, like it draining slowly while not dealing damage, and when activating hysteria it drains WAY faster but makes her invulnerable to attacks. So you either choose to build up damage resistance or you use the build up damage resistance to get invunerable phases that can replenish health but sacrifice your build up bar.

This way you would sacrifice long term damage resistance for a short duration of invulnerability and lifesteal. If implemented correctly and applied skillfully you could swap between those 2 modes to survive but still be vulnerable if done wrong.

EDIT: Why not call this 3rd lifebar "rage" and let it be filled with caused damage- but also add a bit of points every time she gets knocked down or CCed? More rage= more damage resistance. Activate hysteria-> rage gets depleted very fast but you get life-steal and invulnerability as long as you still have rage.

EDIT2: I better make my own topic after i give this a bit more thought. The idea might just drown here and i definitely want to hear opinions.

Edited by Megakruemel

On 12.01.2016 at 9:24 PM, Retepzednem said:

honestly valkyr needs another rework the #3 skill is still useless and Hysteria still sucks  now it has more damage modifiers but it still attacks 1 target at a time   ,  how is hysteria breaking the game for all of  you   crying people shes unkillable but she  kills  1 target at a time while everyone else blows entire rooms at a time , shes basically there to make sure you guys dont die 

Who are those "everyone else"? The only one I can think of is Ash. What else? Mag vs Corpus? Soon will be a legend. Excal's EB? Pretty much the same as Hysteria, maybe a little better at it. Day form Equinox? Close nuff I guess, only her survivability in day form vs anything but infested is pretty crappy by the defenition of it. Ivara? Yeah can shoot more than 1 target at a time, but all in all slow af too since a bow is still a bow.

upd - in no way I am saying it needs any kind of a nerf tho.

I have problems following you. Hysteria nerf is a thing people have been requesting for since Hysteria rework. And rather than having it be a simple boring damage reduction, I would rather have it being changed to a more interesting, interactive and deep mechanics, while keeping some of the invulnerability as something unique to Valkyr.

For someone who doesn't care for a frame or doesn't play it you sure are invested in it. Something's fishy about it.

There are tons of warframes that are neither fun or unique or even useful in any way. Start with them instead if you "don't care". 

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

• 1 month later...