Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer And Corpus Language

omgeveryone9

So I just watched the Warframe trailer for ps4, and MAN it's amazing. But the main thing I want people to place their opinions on is about the dialog. I just noticed how the Grineer speak and it sounds like some kind of Slavic language similar to Russian. This is strange since the other grineer units speak in English.

Also every time I play a corpus mission there's always a voice somewhere that says something like "where's the Vauban" or something similar. In my mind I always think "I'm sorry if this disappoints you, but there are no Vaubans to be found here. Hunt someone else."

I'd say, that it's rather similar to German languages family. Something like Dutch, or German. Maybe with addition of Suomi fluency.

Also, I've head something like "Fus-ro-DAH" from Corpus :P

Edited by Angius

I choose to believe that the other races speak English as their primary language. When they are speaking the gibberish stuff (usually directed towards the player), that is actually Tenno-ese. Regarding the video, in order for my completely made up theory to function, it was actually a recording that was translated into Tenno to make it easier for newly awakened warriors to understand.

I know it's dumb, but let me live in my little world of blissful ignorance. ;)

Edited by ELREYULTIMO

I'm under the impression whatever English we hear in-game is actually leftovers from the early days of Warframe. I recall hearing a good amount of the current Grineer 'English' from the original Dark Sector trailer.

Makes me think that the Grineer 'English' is going to be removed or changed sometime in the future :/