The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Confused On How To Mod Frost For Defense/excavation

(XBOX)simo949

Question

14 answers to this question

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577949100160611161/DE091F031223077140A4BA71F9F3292EA91D76A9/

is how I build my Frost, I am able to run Sorties no problem with this build

my Duration suffers, so my Freeze time with Avalanche is rather crap, but my Snowglobe is a beast and where other Frosts have to cast 2-3 globes, I only cast 1 and get the same time out of it. so I sacrifice a little CC for a LOT of Defense.

I also have the Arcane Aurora helmet, so you won't be able to make quite EXACTLY the same build unless you pick it up

Stretch is enough for range, perfect for Void/Derelict. I run max efficiency personally, so I can stack more globes. Steel fiber, armored agility. The rest is power strength, except for vitality, but it's just because I solo things and can't rely on teammates.

Yeah, you dont need duration, so use fleeting for some efficiency, also steel fiber increase the health of the globe, tho imho for high level mission you should go for spammibility of the globe since it dies really fast anyway. For low levels, yeah a bunch of life is good.

I know duration affects avalanche, but i'm not 100% on if it also affects the syndicate mod that freezes enemies that come into the globe. I'm almost positive it does because on my build i have something like only 50% duration, and enemies freeze for less than a second. When i run with others, it'll freeze them for a solid 5+ seconds.

I know duration affects avalanche, but i'm not 100% on if it also affects the syndicate mod that freezes enemies that come into the globe. I'm almost positive it does because on my build i have something like only 50% duration, and enemies freeze for less than a second. When i run with others, it'll freeze them for a solid 5+ seconds.

Chilling globe is affected by duration mods.

Mod for duration if you really wants its effect on snow globe, want distance on ice wave, want the chilling CC effects on Freeze and Avalanche to last longer.

Duration definitely affects chilling globe.

OP, unless you're going for complete removal of armor, you really don't need that much strength.  Just stack your globes.  Stretch + cunning Drift gives you 160% range, which, in my opinion, is pretty much the perfect size for a bubble, and allows for adequate range on Ice Wave and Avalanche.  I'd highly recommend capping efficiency, and then, if you're using any of the augments or relying on Avalanche for cc, keeping duration at at least 100%.  If not using any augments or relying on Avalanche for cc, I'd recommend using the extra slots for strength/survivability - whichever you prefer.

Drop the strength and add efficiency. You can make up for the reduced strength by recasting Snow Globe. Each cast will add the remaining health of the previous globe to the base health of the new globe.

Think of it this way:

- At +100% strength and +0% efficiency, you get 2x Snow Globe health for 100 Energy.

- At +0% strength and +75% efficiency, you get 4x Snow Globe health for 100 Energy.

Or you can have both strength and effeciancy. I don't get why people act like effeciancy and strength are mutually exclusive for frost.

They aren't; it's just hard to fit strength in if you also want range (for Snow Glove and Avalanche) and duration (for Chilling Globe, Avalanche, etc.).

Drop the strength and add efficiency. You can make up for the reduced strength by recasting Snow Globe. Each cast will add the remaining health of the previous globe to the base health of the new globe.

Think of it this way:

- At +100% strength and +0% efficiency, you get 2x Snow Globe health for 100 Energy.

- At +0% strength and +75% efficiency, you get 4x Snow Globe health for 100 Energy.

Slightly inaccurate since you left out the most important part of multiple Snow Globe recasts: the 4 seconds of invulnerability it gains upon casting. This is something I wish more Frost users remember and stop blowing their energy reserves spamming Snow Globes one second after the other.

Also, whether or not you sacrifice Strength for Efficiency is dependent on the availability of an EV Trinity in your Squad. With (virtually) unlimited Energy, Efficiency is pretty much a wasted stat.

(XB1)simo949, on 11 Jan 2016 - 8:31 PM, said:

I see people with duration, strenght and whatever.

I have 17,024 snow globe healt, 256% strenght, 160% range and I'm lacking in efficiency.

Any advice?

Beside strenght mods add 2 armor warframe mods (Steel Fiber rank10, Armored Agility rank5) that will increase your globe's health, also Arcane Squall Helmet will give you:
  • Power Strength +15% (which will increase your globe's health by 525 health)
  • Shield Max -5% (this doesn't affect globe's health)
Also if you want to occasionally have more health you can also achieve with proc effect of Arcane Guardian which gives a chance whenever the player receives damage to increase the Warframe's armor for a short time.

Unranked:

Chance - 5% Armor added - 15% Duration - 5 sec

Rank 1:

Chance - 10% Armor added - 30% Duration - 10 sec

Rank 2:

Chance - 15% Armor added - 45% Duration - 15 sec

Rank 3:

Chance - 20% Armor added - 60% Duration - 20 sec

You can put new Exilus Power Drift mod which gives:

Unranked: +2.5% Power Strenght

+5% Knockdown Resistance

Rank 1: +5% Power Strenght

+10% Knockdown Resistance

Rank 2:

+7.5% Power Strenght

+15% Knockdown Resistance

Rank 3:

+10% Power Strenght

+20% Knockdown Resistance

Rank 4:

+12.5% Power Strenght

+25% Knockdown Resistance

Rank 5:

+15% Power Strenght

+30% Knockdown Resistance

-Of course Knockdown Resistance has nothing to do with it, but that's just a bouns.

When you have Max Power Strenght (with mods) + Maxed Armor (with mods) + Maxed Power Drift Exilus mod + Arcane Squall Helmet + Arcane Guardian (Rank3) proc effect you will have a total of 23326.75 health (34265 health if you apply armor multiplier) or on your globe, which is as max as you can possibly get for now. (This does NOT include Overextended mod which will decrease your power strenght by 60%, which would be 2100 health less on your globe. Overextended)

TIP: If you want to use Arcane Guardian proc effect correctly you need to first wait for the effect to proc, I'm saying this because maybe some people out there will think that globe's health will increase whenever the effect procs no matter if the globe is already up, my friend thought so.

People will wonder why I didn't go with Arcane Aurora Helmet (They probably saw ''tips & tricks

'' section in globe's info on Warframe wiki, no offense to the people that organized warframe wiki |whoever they are| it serves us well, but on globe's health maximization matter I've got better info, also more info too)

so helmet will give you:

• Armor +25% (which will increase your globe's health by 375 health, which is 150 health less than the health you will get from Arcane Squall Helmet)
  • Health Max -5% (this doesn't affect globe's health)
EDIT: The mods I go with would be:

-Any aura

Exilus slot:

-Power Drift MAX

Other slots:

-Fleeting Expertise MAX (this will cover for the power efficiency you lose from MAX Blind Rage so after which you will get 5% positive efficiency)

-Blind Rage MAX

-Intensify MAX

-Transient Fortitude MAX

-Steel Fiber MAX

-Armored Agility MAX

-Flow Prime MAX (in case of energy reduction, because if you don't have this mod on, or the normal flow, with 50% of energy reduction you won't be able to use his ultimate ability and with 75% energy reduction you won't be able to use both Avalanche/ultimate and Snow Globe ability. But otherwise you won't need this mod)

-Reach MAX (for defense mission pods and excavation mission excavators, but for computer terminals/data terminals aka MD pods you won't need this mod either)

-So these last 2 mods are totally your choice!

NOTE: This is calculated using everything: power strenght + armor multiplier from it 15.7, + globe with base hp which is 5000 (3500 from ability and 300 frost's base armor) + armor you get from Steel Fiber, Armored Agility and Rank 3 Arcane Guardian proc effect.

Hope I didn't miss something was a lot of writing...

Happy building, hope you got what you needed!

Edited by DarknessWolfy

I personally use

Prime flow

Stretch

Fleeting

Streamline

Transient

Vitality

For me this is pretty decent for any non infested defence since it's decent sized globe and the efficiency allows me to spam it. Infested is just making the biggest globe possible instead.