Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] A Matter Of Blood

Denny2669

The deep woods outside of Yharnam, were restless, trees shifting, the sunlight shattered through, where nothing but a twilight shone through...

Walking through it, a lone Chroma Warframe, without an effigy pelt, walked, lost in his thoughts... Lost in disarray that could consume a whole kingdom. He would walk up through the towns steps... at the gates... beaten and bereaved... The lone Tenno, bloodied and gnashed, clinging to life by a thread, his only will to complete his own personal mission what drove him...

Xailen: "... (grunts of pain and anguish) urgh... argh... uhhghh... Some...one... help... I'll... Do anything...!" 

The Warframe nearly passes out of the infection and pain... his thoughts lost on his only belief... saving his friend. 

Edited by (PS4)Gunbuster17_6

The guards at the gate were not sure what to do with the wounded tenno infront of the gate. Normaly, they would just shoot on sight as he was obviously infected. But he was alone, and at day, even a beast isn't dumb enough to realize that this is a bad idea. The gate opened, and an Ash, wearing a cloak and vielding two blades stepped to the wounded tenno, but not too close.

"Anything you say? *chuckle* Well then, looks like we got a new recruit" he turned around and gave the guards a nod "Take him to the clinic, this one will make a fine hunter"

"Hm, you seem quite determined dear, lets see how long that will last" the man said before he turned around with his wheelchair and started to move down the corridor "Follow me" he said, laughing.

The Equinox looked at the sight. Another one, sick, beyond salvation, diving--unwillingly-- into despair. And a beast, mocking it.

She walked calmly outside.

"Will you allow me to help?" She asked, and without waiting for an answer, casted rest on the chroma-- if the comatose state was painful, the power would put the tenno to sleep, saving him from the pain.

Through what seemed like eternal night terrors, and endless torment in his sleep. Xailen would be enslaved to his fears...

In what appeared to be infinite, he would wallow in despair an sorrow... A constant dream... the same sight over and over agonizing him...

It was visions of the Tenno, and the others he considered friends... In a time of happiness and stability in the system... shattered by the appearance of... "him" destroying all before him... the sorrowful screams of those prey to "him" and the anguish of those trying to fight back... devoured destroyed, mutated... Leaving only Xailen and the utter monstrosity that had become Eizen, face-to-face... Xailen's face swept in terror and paralysis... In the very gaze of this beast... locked each other in an endless stare... The besieging infested following Eizen... and then... with a threatening roar, Eizen strikes Xailen down... Again and again, different variations of this nightmare repeat... until finally, Xailen awakens from his torture!

"Uwaghgah! Hah, huff huff huff... Where... am I, What... happened... Ei...zen... *sigh*... where is this...?"

The man in the wheelchair continued at a slow paste. He was going as fast as he could, even though it didn't seem like it.

Gascoine walked to the wounded chroma, motioning to the guards to stop, looking and observing him.

"Father, we found this tenno outside the gate, one of the hunters told us to bring him here" the guards said.

"Hmp, Tenno, Chroma, confused, wounded, no pelt... I wonder, will you even be usefull without your third skin? I guess going through that forest in one piece means 'yes', but it wasn't night time, so lets leave it at 'possibly'." He said, chuckeling at the last word.

The two guards that carried him have let go, assuming he will be able to get into the clinic himself and returned to their posts at the gate.

In his wildest imagination, he would not have thought of this outcome... that he himself became infected...

"How ironic... *grunts of pain*... I'd become... the infected by... something also... heh heh? What do you think... eh old  friend?

Xailen was still reeling from his nightmares... narrating himself... Possibly a side-effect from the infection whirling within him... compelling him to submit to a more... primal side... However, Xailen would not deter from his path. He had to exhibit strength and resolve to overcome this... If not... how would he overcome his true mission... He motioned to the clinic on his own feet, almost as if conversing with himself... lost in thought it seemed... as if talking with someone else?

"(Talking to himself?)Hmm... I should have listened to you... and not gone exploring for you... It's my own fault... (noticing everything around him)Odd people have gathered here. Whatever this plague thing is... it's... it's real serious. I wonder if there's anything... *Grunts* "I"... Can do to help...

It was bad enough as it was... but it seemed Xailen had difficulty accepting that... he was alone. He could not release the bygone age that he once had, nor would he ever wanted it to end... He... was alone... utterly, and truly...

Edited by (PS4)Gunbuster17_6

"Hm, you seem quite determined dear, lets see how long that will last" the man said before he turned around with his wheelchair and started to move down the corridor "Follow me" he said, laughing.

Eryn followed the old man as best as she could, she looked quite impaitent as they progressed before asking the old man "How long until we arrive?"

Nuren followed Eryn inside, awaiting to see what happens.

"This is uncomfortable."

"The amount of destroyed hunters we have?"

"yes. This trully is a place for the desperate."

"And what are we all, but desperate?"

"Mad."

"And yet, we seem to be the least touched.. Even though its we and not I."

"Grievings for what you were will not help, you know that"

"...Yes. It won't. Regardless, it will be harder to make conversation around here than what we expect."

"Agreed. Will we all walk this path alone?"

The old man made a sharp right to a door "Here we are, would on of you kindly open it?" he asked the group.

"Hmp, confusion, bluffing, you must have taken some head injuries..." Gascoine said to the Chroma, a little dissapointed "I hope you still know how to walk, because I'm not carying you into that hospital... look for a man in a wheelchair, tell him Gascoine sent you" then he walked away, laughing as he did.

Nuren heard saw that brutish rhino opening the door. It was incredibly beastly, yet the joyfulness of the rhino was rather comical-- and endearing, to some point. Nuren decided he might be a fun bloque to have around.

Might.

Sociopaths aren't rare around these places.

Eryn looked at the tables, Still recovering from the Rhino's abrupt and violent enterence into the door that lead to the surgery, she then watched the Tenno get on them, she then sighed and placed her rifle down next to the bed as she slowly got on the bed nervously but with determination in curing her illness.

She waited for the one thing she came for. The Paleblood.

Edited by Drakeardian

A couple of nurses entered the room, each holding a strange looking piece of paper. Two others brought in a peltless Chroma and put him down on one of the tables.

"Before we begin, you'll need to sign the blood contract, you can ignore the details if you wish" the old man said, preparing his tools.

Each nurse walked to each patient, each holding the contract and a pen. The one at Koslake being nervous.

"Urgh... what's going... on here... what's this blood contract you're talking about...?"

Xailen took a moment to attempt to red the contract... to his best... He knew the advantages and consequences of what this would entail to a certain degree.. 

"Well, looks like... I unbind from one to another... If I don't... my... mission will... fa-"  

Xailen faints from the sheer infection spreading that has taken hold of him and has been expanding through his body. He awakens in terror at the sight of his nightmares once more, only more lucid and vivid... He wants to live... even if it means using something like this... He wants life to hold until his mission is finished. He had agreed with Simaris to do anything... This was no exception

Koslake looked at the nurse, she was nervous, who wouldn't be watching him?, using his tendril he slowly took the pen and signed the contract, telling her something meanwhile.

"Don't be afraid, the scourge will arrive, we sign this contract only to slow it, no one will save himself *heavy breath*, Embrace it, and the mindless beast will lose"

Nuren read the contract carefully. This wasn't pleasent. Being forced into obedience to it under the threat of death was... less than compelling. other than that, it was pretty simple: Survive, Kill the monsters.

She sighted, and signed.

"Let's get this over with."