The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Test What Damage A Weapon Can Do?

FallingHeaven

Question

When I kill an enemy, it seems it only shows the damage NEEDED to kill them, not the amout of damage my weapon can deal.

Is there a way to test what damage a weapon would do? I know you can look at the stats, but I want to test how the weapon could actually perform during combat.

Thanks

Edited by FallingHeaven

9 answers to this question

The arsenal shows your weapon's maximum damage already.  Multiply by crits if it is a critical hit based weapon, modify numbers by appropriate elemental weaknesses/resists based on enemy type (e.g. corpus shields are weak to Magnetic damage type).

Game will always show you the damage actually caused by your projectile, though, it will only show you numbers for the actual projectiles it took to kill the enemy while the Arsenal shows the aggregate of all projectiles.

So if you're using a Rifle type weapon with Split Chamber (1.9 projectiles),  arsenal will say for example 500 damage, but your actual damage per projectile is 263, and the 263 is what will show up in game.  If you kill an enemy with 100hp, it will still say 263, however you will only see a single damage number despite (probably) shooting 2 projectiles with that attack.  If you hit something with enough health to survive the single projectile, it will show you the damage numbers from both.

Edited by Momaw

Hi, momaw

Let me try to understand this:

If I kill an enemy with two shots/projectiles (even though almost simultaneously) only the damage resulting from the last projectile is displayed?

The " both" at the end refers to the 1 and 0.9 projectiles?

What is the general rule for faction elemental weakness/resistance?

Thanks

I'm fairly certain you're confusing the damage numbers with the affinity numbers.

The bold number in white with + sign before it? That is not damage?

Edit: missed Rydian's comment. Okay, that is affinity. I got the whole thing wrong.

Edited by FallingHeaven

Damage is affected by equipped Mods, Faction-specific modifiers, level scaling and body-part multipliers, among other things. One thing you can try is to use the Simulacrum to generate an enemy type of a given level and do a short video recording. For the sake of simplicity, you can use Windows 10's built-in game recording function (default Win + G)