Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Advice Ever

Robm

I am going into simulation and game development for my college degree. I am super excited. I have been playing video games all my life. However, while going through orientation for survey of game engines one of the students provided me with the best advice ever.

"Whatever you do in the Unreal Engine it will break. If it does work, break it anyways for good measure." 

Edited by Robm

Game development can be tough and unforgiving. I wanted to do it, but then I opted for an electrical engineering degree instead. Part of me regrets not pursuing game design more.

I studied a double degree in CSE and CS for a while. If your capable of the latter (EE), your capable of pursuing the forma (pun intended) as a personal interest in your spare time.

You have no idea where you will be in 15 years time. Follow your heart.

Game development can be tough and unforgiving. I wanted to do it, but then I opted for an electrical engineering degree instead. Part of me regrets not pursuing game design more.

I was going to go into something engineering but, I am good at math but not great. I switched to game development. Luckily my teachers start from square one. So I am feeling really confident in this. I hope you do well with your current degree.