The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help My Soma P Is Broken!

Ishaan.

Question

I have a 3 forma soma p that has build of all maxed mods Serration Split Chamber infected clip stormbringer point strike vital sense malignant force and shred. Now the problem is that even when the rifle crits the damage output I see on the HUD is about 300 only even with all those mods....Now if I am right it must do a lot more damage though I don't have heavy caliber. According to the warframe builder the slash and puncture damage numbers are not being multiplied correctly by the Serration and Split Chamber.. So plz I request your help my fellow Tenno I have put a lot of platinum in making of the weapon I need ur help urgently.

It really depends on what kind of enemy you're fighting, and what their resistances are to the damage your throwing at them.

Don't trust Warframe builder though, it calculates damage in a different way than the engine itself does.

Make sure you don't have a Extinguished key equipped in your gear, it will make you deal far less damage.

Check to make sure that you are in fact using the correct elemental damage types per faction. (Radiation/Viral/Corrosive for Grineer, Toxin/Magnetic for Corpus, and Corrosive/Heat for Infested.)

Aim for headshots, they do far more damage when applied with this weapon's insane critical stats.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I have a 3 forma soma p that has build of all maxed mods Serration Split Chamber infected clip stormbringer point strike vital sense malignant force and shred. Now the problem is that even when the rifle crits the damage output I see on the HUD is about 300 only even with all those mods....Now if I am right it must do a lot more damage though I don't have heavy caliber. According to the warframe builder the slash and puncture damage numbers are not being multiplied correctly by the Serration and Split Chamber.. So plz I request your help my fellow Tenno I have put a lot of platinum in making of the weapon I need ur help urgently.

aim for the head

It really depends on what kind of enemy you're fighting, and what their resistances are to the damage your throwing at them.

Don't trust Warframe builder though, it calculates damage in a different way than the engine itself does.

Make sure you don't have a Extinguished key equipped in your gear, it will make you deal far less damage.

Check to make sure that you are in fact using the correct elemental damage types per faction. (Radiation/Viral/Corrosive for Grineer, Toxin/Magnetic for Corpus, and Corrosive/Heat for Infested.)

Aim for headshots, they do far more damage when applied with this weapon's insane critical stats.

I don't have a extinguished key

I am using corrosive

And even if the warframe builder is wrong I can't believe that all my mods combined do so paltry damage even though the weapon crits so often

That's weird.  I picked my unformaed soma prime, with corrosive combo, and spawned some Ceres-level mobs in Simulacrum. On standard mooks it's 242 per bullet, but every type died in seconds. Since you say you don't have the dragon key equipped, I don't even know what to suggest.