The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons And Focus Lenses

(PSN)Daguerreotype13

Question

I like the way that topic title sounds XD

Back to the topic: is it worth putting focus lenses on syndicate weapons? I remember hearing something about how affinity gained by syndicate weapons is treated differently than normal weapons so you might not get as much focus out of it. The thing is I really enjoy using my Rakta Cernos over my Dread (the blight effect and faster draw speed is nice).

So yea, I already have a Greater Lense on my Ivara. Should I put my second Greater Lense on my Rakta Cernos (preferred) or should I just go with my Dread?

7 answers to this question

That blows. Well if my lense is on my warframe I guess it doesn't really matter much. I wonder if all the kills I get from blight in normal use would make it still the better choice than putting it on my Dread going for stealth kills? One is grind-only (hard to do stealth running in a group) and the other is good all round, kills the stealth bonus but I'd imagine staying far enough away on a grind would keep them from being alerted and normal play the additional kills would go toward warframe anyway.

Hmmm.... Decisions decisons...

The Syndicate radial boom is counted as a Frame ability, thus any kills from it give Focus to the Frame only.

BTW, I assume you're going for stealth kill chains?

If so, don't use a Syndicate weapon as the boom will alert enemies :(

Does that mean, if I have a lens on my frame, the syndicate boom will give the focus to that frame?

Does that mean, if I have a lens on my frame, the syndicate boom will give the focus to that frame?

I believe so, yes.

There was a topic where someone killed only with a Vaykor Marelok (same Lens as on Frame)

and he ended up with a good bit more Focus gain on his Frame than on his weapon.

Edited by NinjaZeku

In general I would recommend against putting lens on any weapon. They tend to focus significantly less affinity then frames. I have lenses on 5-6 weapon and in general they don't bring much.

Again, with the prices go to 5p /piece - maybe but only if you are using that weapon constantly and if all of your favorite frames are covered. 

Sure, a Lens on a Frame will always give you at least 50% of the possible Focus,

so unless you swap Frames more frequently than weapons, that's where your Lenses should go first.

However, if you're doing a lot of weapon kills, you're missing out on half the Focus if it goes to an un-Lens'd weapon.

In that case, having a Lens on both Frame and weapon of choice would give you double the Focus.

(Also, once the fix is out that'll make shared Focus gain a thing, you might want a Lens on everything you've got equipped.)