Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients Are Here, So Is It Time For Holster 2.0?

Man_In_Suitcase

i think holster pvp mods now work on Pve, so...

They do, but they suffer the same problem as all mods that came to PvE from conclave: in PvE, using a slot for those mods means leaving out other, more important ones (which don't exist in PvP). In addition, each mod only affects half the weapon-swap animation: unless you put these mods on both your primary and secondary, one half of the swapping animation will still be slow.

dude, i have news for you

SpeedHolster.png

Dude, I have news for you! That is a bandaid. Buffing or adding mods to fix, or improve a flaw mechanic is not a step the right direction here....

i think holster pvp mods now work on Pve, so...

And there is, however we shouldn't have be forced to play PvP in order to get these mods, although I don't mind abit of PvP personally, I respect not everyone wants to. And as I've mentioned above, it's not a solution.

I think we got wires crossed somewhere.  I totally agree with you, I just think there would be complications with regard to things that would need tweaked, due to being rendered useless by a holster buff; i.e. not "just buff the mods don't rework' but instead "yes, do this... but this will need done too as a result".

I hear you bud, they would have to be a rework of those said mods, and Chroma's Toxin buff reworked again, (picturing the salty Devs :P) and anything else that affects holstering, to bring them up to scatch with whatever DE decides to change.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

I think the biggest issue with most of the holster animations is the overall latency between animations. At some level, the animations need to be there for gameplay purposes BUT that doesn't mean they shouldnt be fluid. IMO many of the animations and transitions between them do not feel fluid to me, especially when switching between firearms.

The animations and things like holster speed boost mods can and should be a thing, but that doesn't mean they should be clunky and awkward.

It would be nice to have some kind of "Quick-shoot" for Secondaries where you fire it using your off-hand while just holding your Primary aside. One thing I personally would LOVE to see is an ability to wield both Melee and your Secondary (one-handed Melees only) to be able to both fire and use combos at the expense of Channeling

Brakk+Reddemer FTW!