The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Comba And Scrambus

Ixxolos

Question

So i find myself asking for advice on the best spots to farm these Comba and Scrambus guys an gals?  Reason being due to the recent Vulpine Mask drop additions. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance fellow Tenno and happy hunting to you.

12 answers to this question

Try Triton on Neptune. Corpus excavation.

Might not be the best spot, but it's a relatively active node for grouping with random players because of people looking for cores. I went there the other night just for something different and was surprised to see the new units showing up there after only a few hundred Cryotic. I didn't expect to see them, I don't think they spawned there at all last time I went looking for cores.

They also show up on Corpus sorties (got a Gaia's Tragedy that way) but, like someone said, try high level Corpus missions.

I've gotten three of those silly mods that way.  It also heavily reduces the frustration, since you'd do the sorties anyway.

Edit:  Wiki says it drops from Jackal.  Might be the easiest way if you've just gotta keep going until you get it.

Disregard per below post.  Knew it was too good to be true XD

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

I've gotten three of those silly mods that way.  It also heavily reduces the frustration, since you'd do the sorties anyway.

Edit:  Wiki says it drops from Jackal.  Might be the easiest way if you've just gotta keep going until you get it.

Oooh, didn't know that it drops from Jackal as well because the patch note didn't mention that.  Looks like time to go punch Jackal. Thanks for the info!

Was doing a run for Omega Isotopes on whatever node the Pluto Survival mission is. I saw them almost immediately. By the 10-15 minute mark they were all over the place. 

I would just suggest doing a Pluto Survival with some Nekros/Lootdroid and just stay for a while, they will start coming in thick and you'll have lots of chances at it. 

After the hotfix, I went straight to Zagan, Europa (survival). I brought Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm, Torid to erase those nasty Sapping Osprey fields, and played for about 20 minutes.

I got Vulpine Mask 2 games in a row at that node with this loadout. Would be even better with a Nekros and Prowl Ivara.

My advise: find a small tile and let them come to you, Pilfer for life support and energy, and the Scrambus and Combas will take the bait. Recast Tentacles until they snag them and go for the kill. After 10-15 minutes they won't spawn as often with Nullifiers and Elite Crewmen replacing them. Extract, rinse and repeat.

Looks like Jackal dropping Vulpine Mask was a bug and it was patched out already.

I got my Vulpine Mask when i was farming for isotopes on Pluto during a 20 min survival (Palus).  It dropped around 19:40 right near the extraction point.  

Good luck on your hunt!