Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Gunblades?

XantDee

I really think we need more gunblades and more stances - Redeemer is an awesome weapon which is fun to use, but it would'nt hurn to get more melee boomsticks!

It would also be AWESOME to have small dual gunblades! (DMC anyone? xD)

For that matter, why not some pistols or rifles that have a melee alternate-attack?

Could come in handy on missions that don't allow melee weapons.

Which completely removes the limitation in the first place?

But yeah +1 for more gunblades and other melee (e.g. Machete, thrown weapons and all that)

Or Squall's gunblade from FF8

Squall's gunblade is really impractical, it's literally a revolver with a sword for a barrel. I much prefer the gunblade from FF13 that lightning used because of the smoother animations on it. It seems a lot more believable than squall's.

Redeemer removes the limitation of "melee only"...

Err kind of? In a sense of manner, yes. You fire it with an alt fire anyway.

For that matter, why not some pistols or rifles that have a melee alternate-attack?

Could come in handy on missions that don't allow melee weapons.

I could only imagine bumping people with a karak like a grineer lancer does lol. Sorry lads.

Grakata with grineer cleaver.

So we can 4 grakata at once.

Melee Grakata is Tri-Grakata, a thrown glaive that shoots everything while mid-air, made with three Grakatas.

Now is 5 6 Grakata.

Back on topic, anything inspired from the RWBY series would be a great addition in my opinion. Would also be nice if the charge attack for the Destreza unleashed a ranged attack with a randomly chosen, guaranteed elemental proc.

Edited by UndeadLichKing

A Corpus gunblade with Opticor-like shots, and a Grineer gunblade that shoots bursts of Grakata fire would both be really cool additions.

Faction/Themed Gunblades?!?

All of my yes.

Err kind of? In a sense of manner, yes. You fire it with an alt fire anyway.

I could only imagine bumping people with a karak like a grineer lancer does lol. Sorry lads.

I wanna be able to stab the enemies with guns like the Burston Prime or Whack them to a bloody death with big sticks like the Ogris... is it so much to ask...?

Melee Grakata is Tri-Grakata, a thrown glaive that shoots everything while mid-air, made with three Grakatas.

Now is 5 Grakata.

Back on topic, anything inspired from the RWBY series would be a great addition in my opinion. Would also be nice if the charge attack for the Destreza unleashed a ranged attack with a randomly chosen, guaranteed elemental proc.

YES!

Giant (Or at least bigger than a Braton/Boltor, at leas something the size of an Opticor or the likes) transformable Gunblades FTW!!!

I wanna be able to stab the enemies with guns like the Burston Prime or Whack them to a bloody death with big sticks like the Ogris... is it so much to ask...?

You're pushing it too far. The damage type would need to be completely separate and dependent on weapon design. Please no. 

You're pushing it too far. The damage type would need to be completely separate and dependent on weapon design. Please no. 

Please yes, and merge it with combos too, it'd be insanely creative, look awesome, and make us feel way more ninja

There are a few weapon types that really do need more love.  And some easily available stances just because.  I think we can lay off pole arms, swords, dual swords and fists for a while.  Glaive throws need fixed.   Machetes, gunblades, maybe even sparring (obex/kogake) could use some more fleshing out in terms of more weapons and stances and rebalancing?  Gunblades especially will let DE get creative with the gun part.

Squall's gunblade is really impractical, it's literally a revolver with a sword for a barrel. I much prefer the gunblade from FF13 that lightning used because of the smoother animations on it. It seems a lot more believable than squall's.

Yeah from my understanding the FF8 gunblades don't actually shoot anything they just fire blanks into the base of the blade to vibrate it for a more dangerous sword swipe (which in itself is a rather impractical idea). 

Honestly that should already be what you do when hitting quick melee with no melee weapon equipped. Makes Tenno seem rather daft that they're incapable of bashing people without a specialized weapon at hand. 

Honestly that should already be what you do when hitting quick melee with no melee weapon equipped. Makes Tenno seem rather daft that they're incapable of bashing people without a specialized weapon at hand. 

Makes Tenno seem rather daft that they need to bump around enemies with a cumbersome touch. But still, I agree.

But as you can see, right there that thing is big, thin, hard, and just transforms into a blade. It's literally just a gun that turns into a blade.