The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Else Can I Bring To Help The Wf Community?

Lia_Lia

Question

Recently I've been trying to make videos to help either existing or new WF players with the game. I've tried making boss fight videos with methods of beating them and how they fight, but eventually went against it because there really isn't much to them, especially for new players. I've thought of making a mobility tutorial and describing the mechanics and how they are foundational, yet mobility isn't really a game changing factor, CC is. Weapon modification and analysis is done to death and dominated by more experienced and long time players. With these two walls I'm kind of stuck on what I should make. I was hoping someone from here could help me out.

This is something I really want to do and I love helping out new players learn the ins and outs of this game, yet a lot of things have been done to death by more experienced players or are just easy enough to figure out and don't need explanation. I just don't know what else there is for me to bring to the table. Any ideas are welcome and I thank you so much for it.

11 answers to this question

abuse-able bug list, cause only those who lurk in darkness know them, and only some of them shed into the light

no one have made them.. yet

maybe how to do perfect spy using slow non stealth frame.. perfect stealth kill on exterminate while using loud weapon (specific frame can made it)

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

There seems to be a "wall" that players hit after completing the first few quests and they don't know what do next or how to progress to the next node. You could make a video helping them with this. You can also make video on how to transition to the end game or how to jump start on sorties.

Ok, so the ideas so far are:

- objectives after initial quests - ways to eliminate the "wall."

- spy missions with slow and/or non-stealth frames.

- budget builds featuring effectiveness without a potato or forma.

- endgame transition.

Other ones I've thought about just now are proper potato and forma placement; weapon mechanics ( in particular the bow with its charge and travel time ); summary of syndicates, uses, mods, and other mechanics; proper life support usage, sticking together for maximum affinity gain, and... farming techniques? Idk, I'll have to brainstorm some more. For now you guys have been a big help and I really do appreciate it.

sticking together for maximum affinity gain, and... farming techniques? Idk, I'll have to brainstorm some more.

Avoid mentioning Draco to a starting player if you're thinking about farming affinity. No offense to everyone.

I don't hate Draco or anything it but make them earn their MR by actually teaching them to actively play first instead of playing the "press the #" button early on. I'm telling this since I have a once low MR ex-member of a clan that spams Draco for MR and can't actually contribute a lot of help in some missions due to lack of actual combat experience.

On board with the following point:

- budget builds featuring effectiveness without a potato or forma.

I play every night nearly, but a buddy of mine plays maybe twice a week. He doesn't have a lot of frames, or mods, and we just finished helping him get Frost P during the vault unlock period which will probably be his new main.

That being said... no desire to forma anything. Very reluctant to use a potato on anything because of the rarity combined with lack of playtime. I think this topic would be great for someone like him with not a lot of playtime, that's going to focus on his one frame and essentially plays the game because that's what others are playing right now.

-Sark

Edited by Sarkstandantilus

See, ya say that mobility isn't a factor because cc exists, but that just tells me how much you underestimate mobility in this game.

Go for a week or so not using CC and only using parkour 2.0 to stay alive, then make a video about what you've learned and how to put it all back together for a comprehensive high mobility and CC play style. That's the thing I notice people lack, often, they either stand still and cc spam, or they move like jackrabbits but never use their cc skills. Learn both, use both, they are both there for when you can't do one or the other due to mechanics or energy, and combined they form a whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Edited by Gelkor

^

So much truth in the above post.  One-trick pony players are the ones who struggle the most (or don't really contribute to the team) from what I've experienced in high level missions and sorties.

Spy missions without stealth frame - Done

You can make a guide on how to do Rescue missions more effectively. Except the Infested rescue mission, ALL other tilesets have ways to enter the jail cell areas without having to hack through the main door, or even being seen by the wardens.

People take their sweet time alerting the wardens, get shot by laser turrets and spend too long hacking doors that could be easily bypassed a lot quicker. On high level rescue missions, people who don't know this always get shot down by dozens of enemies that they unnecessarily alerted. These shortcuts are extremely useful in sorties.

Edited by MystMan

The warframe community is very extensive consisting of many different kinds of people. What can you bring? Anything! Have you discovered you are an expert hacker? Help people put with spy missions or teach people how you do it. Art. This one is very popular. Make the warframe community pretty! And the last thing i can think of is the most important one: YOU! Thats right each tenno is valued. Even if you do nothing or do everything just being part of the community is important. Play with friends sell things in the trading chat, host or join some missions, join a clan, and enjoy. The warframe galaxy may be big but, its full of other Tenno willing to help you. There are thing to avoid though too. The list is small but important. Mainly be respectful and reasonable. Nobody likes a meanie and nobody likes a con-artist. When playing with others if you dont agree, dont make a scene and just ignore and keep moving. And yes you can sell almost everything but that doesnt mean inflate prices. If somethings worth say, 75p dont try charging 85p+. The trading community is a delicate system that currently is working amazingly. If you do not know the price type in PC____ and someone should pm you the estimated amount. The lotus is glad to have you Tenno

Avoid mentioning Draco to a starting player if you're thinking about farming affinity. No offense to everyone.

I don't hate Draco or anything it but make them earn their MR by actually teaching them to actively play first instead of playing the "press the #" button early on. I'm telling this since I have a once low MR ex-member of a clan that spams Draco for MR and can't actually contribute a lot of help in some missions due to lack of actual combat experience.

I had previously gone to Cassini, Saturn to level up my gear faster compared to Apollodorus when I first started. Little did I know of the difficulty. Eventually I worked my way up to higher levels with more combat experience and confidence. Translating that into a video would only result in practice in X area then progress to Y once you have more confidence, but it would be resourceful nonetheless. Thanks!

See, ya say that mobility isn't a factor because cc exists, but that just tells me how much you underestimate mobility in this game.

Go for a week or so not using CC and only using parkour 2.0 to stay alive, then make a video about what you've learned and how to put it all back together for a comprehensive high mobility and CC play style. That's the thing I notice people lack, often, they either stand still and cc spam, or they move like jackrabbits but never use their cc skills. Learn both, use both, they are both there for when you can't do one or the other due to mechanics or energy, and combined they form a whole greater than the sum of its parts.

^

So much truth in the above post.  One-trick pony players are the ones who struggle the most (or don't really contribute to the team) from what I've experienced in high level missions and sorties.

Spy missions without stealth frame - Done

You can make a guide on how to do Rescue missions more effectively. Except the Infested rescue mission, ALL other tilesets have ways to enter the jail cell areas without having to hack through the main door, or even being seen by the wardens.

People take their sweet time alerting the wardens, get shot by laser turrets and spend too long hacking doors that could be easily bypassed a lot quicker. On high level rescue missions, people who don't know this always get shot down by dozens of enemies that they unnecessarily alerted. These shortcuts are extremely useful in sorties.

I do use parkour extensively in this game, and I have seen its uses to a very high degree, so I see your point and agree. My main concern, at least before i thought "Better have it explained than not," was that once player learned about the massive amounts of CC possible in this game, Mobility wont be necessary anymore. But, again, better to have it explained and be equipped with both. I'll work on a video for that! Thanks!

Rescue missions do have their own little shortcuts and secret passage ways. I'll definitely make a video about it. Thanks!

The warframe community is very extensive consisting of many different kinds of people. What can you bring? Anything! Have you discovered you are an expert hacker? Help people put with spy missions or teach people how you do it. Art. This one is very popular. Make the warframe community pretty! And the last thing i can think of is the most important one: YOU! Thats right each tenno is valued. Even if you do nothing or do everything just being part of the community is important. Play with friends sell things in the trading chat, host or join some missions, join a clan, and enjoy. The warframe galaxy may be big but, its full of other Tenno willing to help you. There are thing to avoid though too. The list is small but important. Mainly be respectful and reasonable. Nobody likes a meanie and nobody likes a con-artist. When playing with others if you dont agree, dont make a scene and just ignore and keep moving. And yes you can sell almost everything but that doesnt mean inflate prices. If somethings worth say, 75p dont try charging 85p+. The trading community is a delicate system that currently is working amazingly. If you do not know the price type in PC____ and someone should pm you the estimated amount. The lotus is glad to have you Tenno

It sounds like a good idea to create a WF Etiquette video of some sorts. I'm not to familiar with trading. If I do trade, its usually low priced mostly because I don't want to gut people out of their plat. However, I can give tips in regards to price checking a certain item, gathering a good amount of responses, then averaging for the price. Thanks!