Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Shields Too Low

VaubenX

I find that no matter how careful I am in game playing as Vauban, my shields are gone in an instant. Is there any chance that they will be buffed even a little? He is a technician, right? I would think his shields would be stronger than this. 

I find that no matter how careful I am in game playing as Vauban, my shields are gone in an instant. Is there any chance that they will be buffed even a little? He is a technician, right? I would think his shields would be stronger than this.

Redirection.

That's funny. I reset my account and chose excalibur to play. It seemed like the enemies were going through his shields like a wet paper towel. Then I bought Vauban to try out the new frame, who had fewer shields, and it seemed like it took longer for it to go down. I mean armor isn't supposed to affect shields right? I started hating playing as excal and played vauban exclusively. Went back to playing excal earlier this week to help in ranking and he still seems to loose shields like crazy. I think vauban's shield level is fine as is.

Just 75 shield for Vauban.. and that for the latest frame.. Its hard to get frame (only for platinum or alerts) It should be definitely 100/125 like the others, 75 is waaaaaay to low. With max redirection, you will get something like 550/600.. and thats low for a frame like him where Volt gets 1000+ shield :s

So @DE_Steve, can you do something about this?

It's a lighter utility frame. His role is an 'engineer' or 'tech' sort of class who provides support of other kinds, rather than a frontline tank who wades through hordes of enemies. The trade off is less shields/health and more speed like Loki.

I agree his shield are too low, no frame should have any base stats of 75, it's just too low. Even other lightweight frames like Nyx do not have any base stats lower than 100 (except armor, which is reasonable and expected for non tanks). Loki also has the same problem.

It's 25% less shields than most other frames and a whopping 50% less than Mag, Volt, Rhino, and Frost. Redirection just amplifies the problem since it multiplies the base level, 1100 for Mag at max level versus 555 for Vauban/Loki, and most others are 740. That's a huge difference, especially given that most people can't level Redirection to max given the high fusion costs, I would expect most Vauban's sitting in the 400 range at rank 7 and level 30. That could cause content balancing issues when you have your shields varying so much between frames.

I don't know how they come up with the base stats, but looking at the wiki, it seems very arbitrary and without rhyme or reason sometimes. Especially the armor values, varying from 10, 40, 50, and 100 within what would be considered the DPS frames. I get that tanky frames get high armor with a penalty to speed. That's fine and a fair tradeoff. But I don't get why a few frames are punished with 25% less of a base stat for no definable reason. Vauban has 75 shields, Loki has 75 health AND shields, and Mag has 75 health. I think they would do wise to do a make the base level 100 and redo the widely varying armor values of the frames.

I agree his shield are too low, no frame should have any base stats of 75, it's just too low. Even other lightweight frames like Nyx do not have any base stats lower than 100 (except armor, which is reasonable and expected for non tanks). Loki also has the same problem.

It's 25% less shields than most other frames and a whopping 50% less than Mag, Volt, Rhino, and Frost. Redirection just amplifies the problem since it multiplies the base level, 1100 for Mag at max level versus 555 for Vauban/Loki, and most others are 740. That's a huge difference, especially given that most people can't level Redirection to max given the high fusion costs, I would expect most Vauban's sitting in the 400 range at rank 7 and level 30. That could cause content balancing issues when you have your shields varying so much between frames.

I don't know how they come up with the base stats, but looking at the wiki, it seems very arbitrary and without rhyme or reason sometimes. Especially the armor values, varying from 10, 40, 50, and 100 within what would be considered the DPS frames. I get that tanky frames get high armor with a penalty to speed. That's fine and a fair tradeoff. But I don't get why a few frames are punished with 25% less of a base stat for no definable reason. Vauban has 75 shields, Loki has 75 health AND shields, and Mag has 75 health. I think they would do wise to do a make the base level 100 and redo the widely varying armor values of the frames.

Rocking 330 shields with my Loki, and I do just fine. My Vauban has even lower shields (helmet), and I've had even less tribulations with him. Anything over 400 gets to the point of complete overkill, and that's pretty easy to do with pretty much every frame.

Keep in mind that even with a low level frame, utilizing a Sentinel with Guardian can also keep your shields up fairly well.

I've been leveling a Nyx lately and haven't bothered to slot Redirection because Guardian from my Dethcube makes even 150-200 shields seem like a lot. I rarely take more than a few points of health damage, which only happens when my shields drop but before Guardian restores them, or against Toxic infested.

Granted I'm not playing Void or Pluto missions with my Nyx yet (I don't have a potato for it,) but there are ways to augment Vauban's weak shields. Honestly though, even if there wasn't, Tesla, Bastille and Vortex combined with his high energy pool already make Vauban strong enough defensively as long as you play him effectively.

Personally I feel Vauban's stats are perfectly fine as is.

Why? Please look below at the few points.

Vauban sacrifices most of his shields, armor, and health in exchange for:

-very high max energy

-extremely good, if not broken skills.

Skills:

-Tesla: constant shock grenade that is able to shock 5-10 times (for only 25 energy)

-Bounce: 3 time-usage super jump grenade

-Bastille: 20.5 second long stasis grenade that instantaneously stops all enemies inside a radius larger than a snow globe.

-Vortex: 17 second long "ultimate" that deals amazing damage while pulling all nearby enemies into a convenient and compact ball.

To justify my claims, I have been using my Vauban to the point of Prestige/Polarize 6 times (6 shiny stars on this baby).

I have used the very same Warframe on:

1. my clan's Wave 105 Infested Defense Run

2. another Wave 71 Corpus Defense Run

Like my clan likes to say: "Stream or it never happened"

Check out twitch.tv/bsbwarframe

It's a lighter utility frame. His role is an 'engineer' or 'tech' sort of class who provides support of other kinds, rather than a frontline tank who wades through hordes of enemies. The trade off is less shields/health and more speed like Loki.

giving him 100 shield will not make him a tank frame.. besides Loki got invisibility so he can escape from hard situations, and Vauban doesnt. I still think that 75 is just to low for a frame. minimum 100 for normal frames and 150 max for tanks.

Edited by o0sayan0o

giving him 100 shield will not make him a tank frame.. besides Loki got invisibility so he can escape from hard situations, and Vauban doesnt. I still think that 75 is just to low for a frame. minimum 100 for normal frames and 150 max for tanks.

Sure you'll just have to lower his power to 100 as well.

blackphoenix773, on 06 Jun 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Well, I use vauban, and I find his shields adequate - however, I go more for health than shields in my vauban build.

Sure you'll just have to lower his power to 100 as well.

np with that, they can lower his power to 100.. even the alt helmet lowers the shield of vauban.. Why would someone use the alt helmet when Vaubans shield is already low.. it will make it worse.