The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Efficiently Use Ivara's Navigator?

(XBOX)XxxXnoodleXxxX

Question

16 answers to this question

just try to focus on efficiency mods like streamline if you are worried about energy cost, the more your power strength, the more it costs as well. maybe also try a duration mod or two to try and get it to last longer. I havent used Ivara but from the general mechanics of the other tenno seems to be based off of duration and efficiency for long lasting abilities. If the ability drains your energy constantly then you may want to use streamline and get an equilibrium mod to make sure you are constantly picking up energy as much as possible to keep the ability running, similar to Valkyrs Hysteria. 

It always uses up way too much energy to control, and it doesn't seem to do much damage for how much energy it costs...

Efficiancy helps weaken the drain on your energy, as does duration, but duration also increases the amount of time that you have to control the projectile to reach its max damage bonus. I build streamline on her, and help offset the drain a bit with primed continuity (r7), and I give her a primed flow (r7) so she has almost 650 energy, which offsets the drain on energy. As for using the ability effectively, it's cheaper energy wise to take control of an already fired projectile (bows, ogris rockets, glaives, etc). It's more of a utility skill, damage is cool for takin out enemies a room or two ahead (depends on punch through) I use it for scouting purposes, see where enemies are and how many there are so I can be prepared.

Streamline and duration mods, but not Fleeting exp. As for the strenght, you don't even need 100%, I gain over 4 times the damage with Overextended + Intensify and Power drift. More will be overkill and will take too long to charge up anyway.

Controlling the arrow require serious training. Also, the native punchthrough is unreliable, usually it can pierce through a whole row of enemies, but sometimes just one.

I'd like to point out that Ivara's Navigator power is better used without any duration.

The shorter duration will make you multiplier goes by at a faster pace.

Mix it with a good strength build and you'll get a projectile that deals 12-14x the damage after a short 2 seconds of travelling.
Ever wanted to hit a nullifier with 1 million damage on a glaive prime throw? Navigator is your friend.

~If you want to have some fun, try using navigator on a tonkor bullet and hitting walls, entertaining. Useless but entertaining.~

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

Duration and efficiency effects the energy drain rate of toggle abilities. Navigator is one of them.

You can check your drain rate through the abilities tab when you select your warframe in your arsenal.

This is straight from the wikia:

Navigator only consumes energy when a projectile is fired after activating the ability or when Navigator takes control of a projectile in flight. Navigator will also drain 3 energy per second which increases by an additional 2energy per second for every second a projectile is actively controlled. Navigator will end if the projectile impacts an impenetrable object or enemy, if Ivara's energy is depleted, or if the ability is manually deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default 2).

• Energy cost is affected by Power Efficiency, and the initial energy drain and energy drain growth are affected by Power Efficiency and Power Duration.
  • The energy drain growth accelerates the energy drain while a projectile is actively controlled. As an example, Navigator's energy drain will be equal to 3 energy per second the instant a projectile becomes influenced by the ability. If the projectile is controlled for a total of 5 seconds, the energy drain will have increased to 3 + 2 × 5 = 13 energy per second.

It costs too much to use it a lot unless you have a power supply.  Its for picking off a specific enemy or clearing a wave of them.  I find it extra nasty on a thrown glaive cutting thru a wave of enemy, you can veer just enough to do a left/right/left/right type maneuver.    Another favorite is angstrum.  And you can't go wrong with a ratka ballistica ... which restores 50 power every couple of hits from prowl. 

Streamline and duration mods, but not Fleeting exp. As for the strenght, you don't even need 100%, I gain over 4 times the damage with Overextended + Intensify and Power drift. More will be overkill and will take too long to charge up anyway.

Controlling the arrow require serious training. Also, the native punchthrough is unreliable, usually it can pierce through a whole row of enemies, but sometimes just one.

Going for a reduced strength on Ivara is really bad imo, prowl's steal is affected by strength, as well as Artemis Bow and navigator's damage and damage buff is affected by it. I build her for a little bit of everything, with a decent amount of range (stretch+cunning drift). I'll get a ss of her build and update my comment.

As for the punch through, it uses inherited punch through from weapons mostly. A decent way that I use it is Artemis Bow has more innate punch through then other bows (without mods). Max Power throw for glaives is also good for it.

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

Tip for Navigator since I didn't see itentioned:

Aim slows Projectile down (Easier to manuever)

Primary Fire (Speeds it up)

I have been using Lanka with Ivara as Mods work well with Artemis Bow.

(Vile Acceleration, Point Strike, Split-chamber, Heavy Caliber, Serration, Crit Damage Mods)

12x Zoomed Red Crit Lanka Projectiles with Gas + Electricity is extremely effective with Navigator

I also use Cerata without Whirlwind but with Power-throw for some easy + controllable Bombs

(Innate 400% multiplier from Stealth/Unalerted also helps)