Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Burst Fire Weapons

Fire_Ashes

I am a huge fan of burst fire weapons but I detest the burston I would like to see a burst fire weapon with better accuracy and recoil than the burston!

Here is what I would think that I and people would like...

Recoil similar to the Boltor (very low)

Damage a little higher than the burston 23-25

No armor piercing (due to high damage outputs)

High bullet velocity (bullets travel fast)

No crits (3 bullets with 5% chance is a little large... To me)

1 polarity (leave that to the community to decide)

A Tenno like look to it (having something powerful built buy the Tenno with a sleek look like the lato's or the bolto/Boltor)

High accuracy like I said a little less than the lato

This is what I think should be put into the game because the burston is just not likable for me and there is no select fire capabilities at all.

Another thing that I think would be cool is a little combo thing where you hit all 3 shots to the head or a weak spot it stuns or has some type of effect!

I would really like something like this but it is a basic idea but this is based off of the Halo 4 idea were the burst fire weapon does less damage per bullet but when all 3 connect it does as much damage as a single fire. However burstons 3 shots do around 63 Dmg 18 Dmg higher than the latron primes 1 bullet. Also I would like to point if you used the same "Halo" idea this weapon would do less damage per bullet than the most basic weapon the mk1-Braton. Now I would not mind this if the burst fire weapon would have a high fire rate (13-15 range) but again this is a basic idea.

If this were put into the game I would like it to be called Aryon

A spin off of the latron... Tell me what you guys think!

What you have described sounds pretty good, except for the fact that it makes the burstron completely irrelevant, so unless the proposed gun had a reasonably high level mastery requirement it would kind of break balance.

A burst gun that had the base stats shown below would be much better

BurstgunBS_zpsc46fa7cc.png

It still feels a little on the powerful side to me so maybe a little more side to side recoil could be implemented, and maybe reduce the damage a tad, but it would give a different feel to the Burstron (which needs a buff)

Edit, just tested a standard 60 point crit build for it... 4.3k DPS, which is a tad much, so msaybe reduce the damage per shot to 10.

Edited by Sixty5

The problem with burst weapons (Burston, Kraken) is that if you kill an enemy with the first 1-2 shots the following ones count against your accuracy not to mention is wasted ammo. The former is more of an annoyance but an unnecessary one when Shotguns only need a single pellet to hit for it to count as 100% accuracy. The latter is a bit more important in a game where ammo a significant resource.

My suggestion is that burst weapons need to be reworked so that they work like shotguns in that one person consumes one ammo. This would mean they need a lower mag capacity but would make them more ammo efficient/accurate.

I love Burston, I still do even when i have tried other weapons but we need more burst fire and semi-auto fire rifles in game. Vary stats a bit, make a bolt action type hand of god sniper rifle (not over powered of course) and other weapon types with different types of fire modes that work a lot differently than the average guns we have now. I would also like heavy hitting, slow RoF and heavy kick automatic rifle, more so than MK 1 Braton is.

What you have described sounds pretty good, except for the fact that it makes the burstron completely irrelevant, so unless the proposed gun had a reasonably high level mastery requirement it would kind of break balance.

A burst gun that had the base stats shown below would be much better

BurstgunBS_zpsc46fa7cc.png

It still feels a little on the powerful side to me so maybe a little more side to side recoil could be implemented, and maybe reduce the damage a tad, but it would give a different feel to the Burstron (which needs a buff)

Edit, just tested a standard 60 point crit build for it... 4.3k DPS, which is a tad much, so msaybe reduce the damage per shot to 10.

well you could nerf the damage or something but what im looking for is medium to long range accurate with next to no recoil