The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Pc To Console Account Migration Ever Happen Again?

PseudoExis

Question

I've been playing warframe for about 3 years now(started a little before U7) and i plan to continue to do so because its a awesome game especially when playing with friends, but you see, all the friends i started with have quit.

Yes i have made new friends in the game but I'd like to play with my IRL buddies, so i convinced some of my other buddies to give it a try and they liked it(a lot in fact) thing is, they are playing it on their ps4's. I mean i could make a new account on the console but frankly i would be really annoyed having to do everything again.

So in short i would like to know if an account migration would be possible again( i unfortunately missed it when it was available for the first and as of now only time due to real life commitments).

Anyone else want it too?

Edited by PseudoExis

14 answers to this question

Just a question to those who had this opportunity: Will it as well change the PS4 name (specifically just in Warframe, not the overall PS4 gamertag, of course)?

Please quote my text, so I won't miss the answer :b

No, you're migrated account will use your PSN.

You're not the only one.  Hell, DE wants it too.

But Sony/Microsoft need to allow it and work with DE, and that's the hard part.

To be fair, they've never indicated that Microsoft and Sony have been anything but obliging when it comes to their requests. Mostly seems to be more of an issue of DE taking initiative on the matter and starting the necessary talks.

Edited by AM-Bunny

To be fair, they've never indicated that Microsoft and Sony have been anything but obliging when it comes to their requests. Mostly seems to be more of an issue of DE taking initiative on the matter and starting the necessary talks.

Actually, they did, in support articles which were later removed.  Some of them even stated that Console->PC migration will not happen specifically due to contractual obligation.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/287499-warframe-common-problems-and-questions/

I have them linked here in this old thread, but the articles are gone and unfortunately it didn't seem they were cached by anything.

I can't remember where I heard it from, but I do remember hearing that they might be doing one late January- Mid February, which would be absolutely marvelous. I've had no confirmation, however, so don't quote me on it :P

PLEASSEEEE give that to me omg. Not only am i expecting my favorite frame since i started playing (which was like right after closed beta) to be primed during that same period of time. I am also concerned that if i buy her Prime pack for like $150 and then a few weeks after they let us migrate accounts that for some weird as butts reason my PC account will override the Prime pack purchase and then i have to purchase her again. Know what i mean? I want them to do it before the next prime so i can start enjoying this game with friends on my console. I have put way too many hours in the game and out of the game(worked on a loki costume for a time) that i cant even get myself to play warframe without dragging my feet on console. I think i have like 2 maxed warframes on the ps4. I am pretty sure i cant transfer Exalibur prime over but pfft i just want all my other goodies. 

PLEASSEEEE give that to me omg. Not only am i expecting my favorite frame since i started playing (which was like right after closed beta) to be primed during that same period of time. I am also concerned that if i buy her Prime pack for like $150 and then a few weeks after they let us migrate accounts that for some weird as butts reason my PC account will override the Prime pack purchase and then i have to purchase her again. Know what i mean? I want them to do it before the next prime so i can start enjoying this game with friends on my console. I have put way too many hours in the game and out of the game(worked on a loki costume for a time) that i cant even get myself to play warframe without dragging my feet on console. I think i have like 2 maxed warframes on the ps4. I am pretty sure i cant transfer Exalibur prime over but pfft i just want all my other goodies. 

I'm just looking forward to the migration because I have a slash set on my PC I want, haha. I really do hope it comes soon, though.

huh...i always thought it had to do with the versions matching up between the systems.

cause they never are matched, made sense

That's a reason for crossplay, for the version mismatch they deal with that by removing newer things from the migrated accounts (so not everything makes it over).