Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalkers, Difficulty And Variance.

Estred

I love the Stalker, he is still scary... until he shows up and gets murdured by your 3 teammates or kited around a room.

Atm the stalker shoots Dread and Slash-Dashes and nothing else. The Braton-Stalker was a mean SoB but I really want to see more variance to the Stalker. Different frames, differnt skillsets and different weapons. That or just make the existing Stalker change up his Ability/Weapon loadout.

I feel he should scale too when there are more people.

Stalker Trinity Trouble Terror

A very well modded Trinity, joins the match normally. However, if she has anything other than the highest killcount for more than thirty seconds, she goes crazy, casting a permanent Link that only attaches to groupmembers and begins to recklessly charge into groups, blow up barrels with melee, shoot out windows, everything possible to hurt whoever she's linked to. Can only be hurt at extreme distances, far enough away for Link to not work. Can be countered by another Trinity, casting Link will negate the STTT's link for the duration.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40311-super-elites/?hl=%2Bsuper+%2Belites

Because I hate you.

Edited by SolluxCaptorTA

Would be cool to interrupt a 4-man stalker squad as they are also trying to conduct the same Raid mission in the Void. If they get to the item before your team then you have to chase them down and retrieve the artifact before they make it to extraction.

BAM! Instant Void Mobile Raid mission.

On the Flipside, Solo Stalkers could use a bit of a nerf when they appear on low-level missions.

I got hit by one a couple times on Earth and Mars.

It was Lv45 and I was leveling weapons and Warframes and stood no chance against him whatsoever.

Yes, he should be challenging in a full Pluto or Sedna group, which he isn't.

But yet he shouldn't be impossible if faced on Venus/Earth/Mars solo.

That's why he needs to scale for the world he is encountered on, and how many people are in the mission when he spawns.

And for solo, perhaps some function of the user's Warframe Rank + Average Rank of the weapons. Perhaps a formula like this:

Stalker's Level = (((WRx2) + PR + SR + MR) / 5 + AEL) / 2

Where WR = Warframe Rank, PR = Primary Rank, SR = Secondary Rank and MR = Melee Rank and AEL = Average Enemy Level for the world you're in.

Using this formula, for example...

Ember 4

Boltor 18

Lato Prime 3

Glaive 30

Would be 8 + 18 + 3 + 30 (which makes 59). Divide that by 5 and you get 11.8.

Let's say you encounter him on Mercury, where mobs are commonly 1-5 (avg 3).

Stalker would be Lv8 for that solo player on Mercury.

EDIT: Made a mistake with the formula.

EDIT2: To Prevent Players from using low level weapons and frames to farm him, you could modify his chances to drop blueprints by some formula of his level. Maybe <Lv10 he never drops blueprints, 10-20 he drops them 25% of his current drop chance, 20-30 he drops 50% of his current drop chance, and 30+, he drops his BPs with the same chance currently.

Edited by Xylia

When I think of the Stalker I imagine the Predator... they should make it so that when he first enters the area he is stealthed, he'll keep his distance and try to make a fully charged bow shot at his target. If that doesn't kill it then wade in with slash-dash and the like. 

But I do think you should be dreading that first shot, no idea where it might come from, when he will fire, where he is, if you left the pie in the oven. Then pow, suddenly arrow to the face followed by the Stalker, angry that you didn't die.

When I think of the Stalker I imagine the Predator... they should make it so that when he first enters the area he is stealthed, he'll keep his distance and try to make a fully charged bow shot at his target. If that doesn't kill it then wade in with slash-dash and the like. 

But I do think you should be dreading that first shot, no idea where it might come from, when he will fire, where he is, if you left the pie in the oven. Then pow, suddenly arrow to the face followed by the Stalker, angry that you didn't die.

How about if the stalker had a blink ability to boot like Vor from Tolstoj planet (I hope I spelled that right), however the blink should work a little better.

for example if stalker takes to much damage he will blink behind you, aboce you or to create some breathing space between you and him. would be nice if skills could affect him as well not just damage him, maybe even freeze, stunlock him but the duration should be 50% less, and his means of escape should be...you guessed it  BLINK.

Edit: The Stalker should blink, too just confuse close gaps and avoid damage completely. now that would make  for a fun Boss battle.

Edited by Skullker

It must be nice to encounter the stalker so much that you can worry about his lodeout. I haven't seen him for the better part of a month, and not once since u8.

RNG is so much fun.

Edited by f3llyn

I would actually like to see stalker counter tenno tactics.

Lets say he spawns to kill ash. He should have ability to parry shurikens and sonar to reveal his prey. Against ember give him ability to extinguish flames, against frost to melt ice and so on.

Every skill should work against him but he should be able to dispell/counter most skills of his prey.

Mage Stalker

Stalker whose skin closely resembles Frost. His powers are a variant of Freeze, Fireball, Shock and Contagion. While this Stalker only wields a melee weapon, his most potent capabilities are from his abilities (which are roughly the power of a rank 6 and can home in on targets). His AI coding is mostly to cast magic but when an enemy goes close, he will use his Contagion-touched melee weapon (constantly on his weapon) to slice that Tenno down. Mage Stalker has low armor and health but makes up for it with serious firepower and tons of ability spamming action. His weakness is when a Tenno gets into melee range (although he has a backup motion for meleeing, he only does charged attacks or anything similar thus making dodging of the attack a breeze provided you do not go too close to the blade to warrant a death strike),

Killing this Stalker drops the unique mods which are most of his abilities as well as his weapon blueprint at chance. These mods are all 1st slot skills and uses the same energy as it's original counterpart.:

Thunderstruck: Deals 100/150/200/250 electrical damage and bursts around the target, dealing 50/75/100/125 electrical damage to all near him. Finally, the damage will then chain off each other for 20% of the original damage, each damage proc being applied to all enemies.near them.

Napalm: Launches a fireball-shaped napalm that travels in an arc. Upon landing on a surface, it bursts open and spreads the fire outward, does 50 fire damage each second for 3/4/5/6s to all units in the area. If it touched an enemy, it will immolate on that enemy, dealing additional 100/200/300/400 fire damage on contact.

Frosty Doom: Launches a frost blast, dealing 50/100/150/200 Ice damage on contact and freezing the enemy that came in contact with it for up to 10s and will emit a freezing field during that duration. Enemies that wander close to the frozen enemy will be slowed for 10% of their speed every second. After 9s, those remaining within the field is frozen for 10s. This freezing time of the enemy within the field is reduced based on the number of freezing fields nearby.

Edited by matrixEXO

It's not really a complete idea at the moment, but I always thought it would be cool, as a player, to receive a random Alert that would allow me to take the role of the stalker. There is some talk in the lore about the Tenno (I'm looking at you, Ash) somewhat playing the role of mercenaries, and it could be said that, at times, maybe eliminating a Tenno squad could serve the greater good of the Sol System.  To avoid abuse, this alert could be completely random so that a player couldn't conspire with their friends to provide an easy Stalker kill. Can't think of any real dowsides to something like this.