Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually Like Warframe Specific Mods Dropping?

Baddogkelevra1

I'm just wondering why DE even bothered to make these things drop. Every Warframe you build automatically comes with all of its powers, and it's not like they're hard to level up at all anyway. I get that they help level up previously obtained powers, but so do equally polarized mods and fusion cores, which both drop a heck of a lot less it seems than class mods. Every match it seems I end up with multiple copies of common and uncommon warframe mods that are completely worthless, and it's even worse when I get rare warframe mods and think of the great mods I could have gotten instead.

I think these should be removed from the loot list, or at least have their drop values adjusted. Thoughts?

Common Mods, not really.

A couple cores and its maxed.

Uncommon Mods, meh. Save me some cores I guess.

Rare Mods? Yeah I like them dropping, they make leveling them that much easier.

Now, I would rather they leveled automatically, or didn't have ranks at all or something (feels kinda silly to have to choose to spend mod points on your Warframe's powers), but that's kinda a moot point.

In my ideal world, all Warframe Powers would come automatically, every 5 ranks (You start with the first one, gain #2 at Rank5, #3 at Rank10 and #4 at Rank15) and they are all maxed, always. Remove the need for Power Cards altogether, but increase all Warframe Mods' Capacity Cost by 1-4 per mod depending on the mod. And perhaps remove two of the Mod Slots from Warframes.

IMO.

No, they clog the drop tables and basically get in the way.

Especially the rare ability mods.

I do not need rare ability mods, I can easilly level them with fusion cores.

I would much rather have a good rare mod than get another sound quake or crush.

It is really annoying when that happens.

No, they clog the drop tables and basically get in the way.

Especially the rare ability mods.

I do not need rare ability mods, I can easilly level them with fusion cores.

I would much rather have a good rare mod than get another sound quake or crush.

It is really annoying when that happens.

Mmm,true, I didn't think of it like that. Maybe I'll take back what I said about Rare Mods, lol. More reason to want Powers to be automatically given.

its pretty stupid... they take the chance of better mods dropping, and they're even more useless considering the fact that all warframes already come with all their mods... the only purpose they serve is upgrading those mods you actually use after you horde endless amounts of them[warframe specific mods].

When you play 10 mins per day and bough all ingame stuff for money - yes. Atleast i glad that u cant buy fusion cores.

Uh, please don't make assumptions.

I haven't spent a single platinum on anything but warframe/weapon slots yet.

My first few planned purchases?

Color Packs, and Sentinel Customize Packs.

After that? Not sure I'm going to buy anything, might just save the plat for a time when I might Need it. Or maybe Forma for Dojo if they don't do something about it since I'm in a small clan.

Edited by Xylia

Once u reach a Point where u dont care anymore about what mod it is...

Its the point where u see all mods ur getting as "Food for Serration/Hornet Strike"

Warframe Specific Mods will make u as happy as any other mod.

Once u reach a Point where u dont care anymore about what mod it is...

Its the point where u see all mods ur getting as "Food for Serration/Hornet Strike"

Warframe Specific Mods will make u as happy as any other mod.

Serration to lvl 7 it require 219 warframe specific mods/Fusion cores.  For lvl 8 it will take approx 512 >_< KEEP EM DROPPING!

Remove them all and replace them with fusion cores.

Serration to lvl 7 it require 219 warframe specific mods/Fusion cores.  For lvl 8 it will take approx 512 >_< KEEP EM DROPPING!

Serration rank 9->10 requires <500 average cores.

Remove them all and replace them with fusion cores.

Serration rank 9->10 requires <500 average cores.

Cores do more then mods.

Same Card = x2 Cores

Same Polarity / Cores = Cores

Different Polarity = Cores/2

So using Warframe mod cards would require a lot more :)

I feel as though I get cheated out of good mods when I get ANOTHER damn Sonic Boom or Shuriken.  I don't hate the fact that skills are dropping, but it irks me that there are skills for warframes I have absolutely no interest in cluttering up the drop tables.

How about this:  Skill mods for warframes that you don't have don't drop.  Instead, make the mod reroll itself.

Heck, I prefer Theifs Wit to Fireball.  At least I could use it.  Not that I ever do, but I could.  Warframe specific skill mods aren't useful to see in the loot tables, unless when you're leveling the skill in question.

I really don't expect anything to change on this one.  Devs panicked a bit when super-Clans formed to deal with the problem of accessing content in the Dojo.  I'd have thought they'd have limited Clan size before that happened, and think that a size cap might need to be in the next few patches or so.  If game content is supposed to take months of play to unlock, then they need to prevent us from side-stepping little details like enormous prices or rare mats. 

Wow, I'm probably gonna get flamed for that one, but it's the truth.  Players shouldn't always get what they want sooner.

That said, I still think the mod costs are more than enough to slow down growth on that front as is.  Let players have useful mods drop.  Some weapons simply aren't viable until fully modded.  Oh, and limit formas to about 2 extra polarities per item.  Ridiculous mods are cool, but having every mod at max gets just too silly.

Yay, more flame-bait.  But game-balancing ideas usually are.  Just hope nobody goes overboard with this one.

Edited by Cytobel

But think: replace all of the uncommon 'frame-specific mods with other uncommons, at least some of which will be Serrations, or at least of the same polarity as Serration, and you're taking a pretty good chunk out of the requirement.

Warframe Specific mods are just clogging up and padding their relevant drop pools with trash I don't want, need, or ever intend to use. I don't plan on building Saryn, yet I get so many Venom and Molt cards it's ridiculous. At least I own Ember and Nyx, but FIreball and Mind Control? Maxed out a very, very long time ago. I had Fireball maxed before Ember was even done building, in fact.

On the other hand I strongly disagree with the suggestion of frame skills autolevelling with the frame. The mod/polarity system is clearly set up so that maxing a card out isn't always in your best interests due to the 0.5-rounds-up factor; every card (except about half a dozen that can be cranked up really high, like Serration) maxes out to an odd number. This may not be a big deal on weapons that have maybe one or two slots by default and the rest clear, but it's more noticeable on frames with their 4 ability slots + 2-3 'other' slots; if you max out and slot every ability, that's 4 points less you can squeeze into other items.

Ed: Seconding Cytobel. Only drop ability cards for the frame you're using/frames you currently own, and possibly also reroll if that particular card is already maxed out.

Edited by Arcalane

Personally, I wouldnt mind an extra snowglobe mod... but thats only because of two reasons. 1= The snowglobe is bugged so improving it doesnt increase your duration... and 2= There's still no way to "downscale" the power of your mods like they mentioned before update 8.

Otherwise, no... honestly Id prefer all of them replaced with more fusion cores.

I just did a quick count, and there are 23 rare mods that are for modding your frame/weapons/sentinel outside of abilities.  There are currently 13 frames with two rare abilities each.  That means there are 26 rare ability mods since both the third and fourth abilities are rare.  So if you get a rare, it's actually more likely to get an ability than a useful mod.  With the new frame coming, that will then turn into 28 abilities.

49 rare mods, 26 are abilities.

I am all for removing the abilities from the drop pool.

Or making so only the abilities drop for the frame that you have equipped.

Edited by Shwamp

I'm tired of this as well. When I'm fighting infected I at least expect to get them, but those damn ability mods seem to love to drop for me even when I'm not fighting infested. And when I do get a non-ability drop, it's usually a common mod I really don't need/use (looking at you, Blunderbuss).