The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra Basically Prime?

leoxastaroth

And how will it give us a "fresh new way to play the game"? As I understand it, its basically Excalibur with a new skin, Prime Stats and possible some cosmetic changes to his powers. He will have the same 4 powers as Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, not "Umbra will have the Umbra system and no access to focus BUT the umbra system will be likely having many more WARFRAME powers than your frame, like the stalker."

The only difference I'm seeing at the moment is DE wanting to make a quest around Excalibur Umbra to explain why Umbra's are now a thing, why a third variant of Excalibur exists and explaining the Umbra system in case DE decides to make more Umbra stuff.

Also in future, please don't spread mis-information about Umbra. People that haven't kept up with the news could take what your posting as fact and give them false hope about the frame.

Two words....Umbra.system. I've been right so far but If you say so I won't.

I dont recall it ever being mentioned that Umbra and Stalker were related, much less in the same sentence

Its highly likely that they will be related just wait until U19. Besides they look similar. Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Only connection Im seeing in the thread is the loincloth purely being similar and not even the same cloth physics as Umbra.

Thats some really weak evidence if you ask me

Then you really aren't reading enough of the thread. We've had plenty of theories on how Umbra and Stalker are related. The loincloth plays little to no part. Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

What about his new gold/armour pieces and the similarities in his helmet?

in all fairness it is a mega thread with lots of posts 

but  folks everything is discussion and conjecture until DE solidifies it  

the evidence shows they are connected, by either some future story /lore or laziness to develop a new model specifically for shadow stalker ...

nothing is solid at this point other then there may be a connection. so far visuals is the only evidence thus far 

in all fairness it is a mega thread with lots of posts 

but  folks everything is discussion and conjecture until DE solidifies it  

the evidence shows they are connected, by either some future story /lore or laziness to develop a new model specifically for shadow stalker ...

nothing is solid at this point other then there may be a connection. so far visuals is the only evidence thus far

Ok.....*flees back to off topic*

Excalibur Umbra is better than Excalibur Prime. He has better stats (in one area) and equal stats in the rest. His design is far more unique and isn't simply a reskin of the original with a different helmet. The body model he uses is the same as the new Stalker body model and there are rumors he's a primed version of him. As for powers he's just like a regular Excalibur. Nothing new. No telling as to whether or not he receives the perks of a prime like having death orbs give him energy when running the void. All I know is he looks pretty and I feel like he's a very good placeholder for the empty spot left in my heart by the lack of a regular prime.

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58, #61, #64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^