The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Build Advice: Duration Is A Must Or Is Power Strength Viable?

(PSN)Alphonso-Alonso

Question

Hello all,

After getting a lot of really great feedback for my Ivara questions a few days ago, I have one more very general question about Trinity. For sake of High-End Sorties and good karma, I went about assembling Trinity Prime and just max ranked her for the first time this last weekend. Currently I am running with a duration build due to the fact that I wanted to extend the window of damage reduction for as long as possible and to top it off I also put Vampire Leech on her for overshield utility. This has gone well so far and was especially handy in today's 3rd Sortie mission against Corpus with Snipers Only. 

However, I've been thinking, would going with more strength be preferable especially in pugs where people are killing very quickly and the window of opportunity is smaller but the death count is more efficient? 

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means whatsoever begrudging the heavies that kill quickly I merely want to facilitate them more relevantly by feeding their energy pool and shields. Even in Tier 3 Sortie in Pugs, there are usually at least 1 or 2 heavy hitters that can out-brute-force enemies that are rightfully OP. Would making Energy Vampire give more energy and shields be a viable choice or would that just ruin everything and make me pointless as a healer? Of course, no matter what I would pop a heal whenever it is needed.

My bottom line is that I want to help as best as possible so if you were match-made with a Trinity what would you hope she would spec into?

7 answers to this question

Duration is a must for blessing build.

Minimum duration and max strength for EV build.

Yep, just depends on what you're building.  Sounds like you're going for a blessing build.  I wouldn't bother with Vampire Leech for that, but a self damaging toxin glaive goes great with it.

Edit:  Normally people want an EV in pugs.  It's not always the best thing, but it's what your party's going to be screaming for >.>

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

you have two viable build types, high duration for (as you already do) long blessing and link. perfectly good for team games keeping everyone on their feet or lowest possible duration highest possible strength to make for a very fast set of EV pulses getting full effect in about 1.2 seconds. the low duration build is very good for vampire leech and is good for coordinated team play where the strat relies on power spam

EDT: there are other possible builds to be certain but those two are the two people will look for when wanting a trin. i personally have three builds on trin. EV build (low dur) Bless build (high dur) and then general purpose (mix of both....gets the job done when i dont need to be focused)

Edited by Caobie

For Bless, it really isn't necessary for that much strength since it's usually very spammable, even for regular middle of the road builds (not all duration). Besides, what's cool about not having too much strength, or no strength at all, is that you can pop Blessing again once the timer runs out and get a damage reduction right off the bat.

i have 2 trin builds one for ev trin and one for bless , ill go in to the blessing build first 

1.narrow minded (my rank is 7)

2.primed continuity (my rank is 7)

3. intensify ( my rank 5) 

4. rage (my rank is 3)

5.quick thinking (my rank is 5)

6.constitution (my rank in 3)

7.vitality (my rank is 10)

8.primed flow (my rank is 7)

that will give you 24 sec duration and restore 100% of HP

to make the most of it the quick thinking and rage are so u can get your health low and it stops at 2 hp then you start to lose energy , casting blessing at this point would give your hole team 99% damage reduction for 24 secs .

and for a EV build here is how i have my build 

1. fleeting expertise ( my rank is 5)

2. transient fortitude (my rank is 7) 

3. blind rage (my rank is 5) 

4. overextended (my rank is 5)

5. intensify (my rank is 5)

6. natural talent (my rank is 3)

7. stretch (my rank is 5)

this build is to lower the duration as much as you can so that when u cast EV it only lasts (on this build) 1.8 secs but you still get all 4 pulses and then to max out range and strength so you and your team get more energy per cast and so u can cast it on targets far away and you and your team mates can still get the energy from it.

hope this helps :)