Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Skies Of Gold

Aegia-

Please, if you wish to join, visit the OOC thread and follow the rules to submit an application there.

Capitus III, the great space station submerged in the gas shell of planet Jupiter. Some may have called it the final line of defense for the Orokin, some of the individuals stationed there however... They didn't quite see it in such a lustrous light. Instead, they saw it as a massive spire to all the failures of their kind. A shimmering blemish on the face of the beautifully swirling, gaseous planet. Inside, Orokin milled about. Some on important duties pertaining to the ongoing skirmish on the surface of Jupiter's moon: Europa, while others still did their best to relax in such dire times. It was clear, however, that most of the station's staff were at the end of their metaphorical rope. What hope did they have against an enemy that turned their own technology against them?

It was precisely this small glimmer of hope that was currently being shuffled about on Floor 5 of Capitus III. 

The Tenno.

Rumors of these warriors, having been successful in some of the other campaigns against the Sentient menace, had reached Aryas, the Orokin in charge of running the station. Initially pensive about accepting these warriors onto the station, it soon became apparent that the dwindling forces of Drax and slave-soldiers of the Grineer were simply not enough to combat the seemingly endless Sentients that seemed to flood across the surface of Europa like a wine red wave. Reluctantly, Aryas called out for assistance and was answered by an influx of Tenno to the station in secret.

It is here, on Floor 5, where many of the Tenno await a sort of... unveiling. To be heralded as some sort of saviors to the weary staff of Capitus III. One in particular, a Volt by the name of Halcyon, stood and idly ran his fingers along the many coils lining the humerus of his arm, watching the icy blue electricity arc from it, to his fingers and back again as he waited. It made him anxious not to be doing anything but waiting. He felt as if he constantly needed to be in motion for him to feel like he was doing something. But, Aryas had assured him that the wait wouldn't be much longer, as they simply had to wait for a few more Tenno to arrive so he could be sure that all of them had made it to the station safely.

It was almost a sentimental thought, for them to arrive safely; considering what sort of hell awaited them on the icy moon of Europa.

The Knave Loki known to most as Raphael had arrived shortly on floor 5, he had been sent there to assist Capitus III in their missions on Europa as ordered by the High Ranking commanders. He stepped off the Elevator and looked around the floor, gripping his Nikana tightly as he walked about.

He then looked over to a fellow Tenno that was there, a Volt and quickly waved to him "Hail my good Tenno! How fares your day on this station?" he asked as he approached

A Rhino, known to some for his good cleaning abilities and his positive attitude,  as Bjorn.

He noticed the Volt, who looked stressed. While on the way to approach him, a Loki already approached the Volt.

"Hello, Volt! Don't be depressed! Everything is going to be ok!", Bjorn said with a happy and relaxing tone.

Uriel paced back and forth, arms crossed behind him. If he were wearing a Syndana, it would have most likely been swooshing to and fro, perhaps to the point of wrapping itself around him or getting lodged between his decorative armour and Warframe. He was nervous, despite the smoothness of his motions. He was always a little nervous - experience had taught him that anything and everything could go wrong in a moment's notice. How many times had Sentient fighters appeared out of nowhere, ready to tear him and his squad to shreds?

It was good to be nervous. One was more alert to the world, quicker to act, when one was ready. But it was better to keep nervousness from clouding judgement than to jump at every shadow and small noise.

Some Tenno were talking amongst themselves, but Uriel did not pay much attention to them; this was not out of cruelty, but simply because his thoughts were elsewhere.

Hushed whispers and discreet pointing could be felt all around the great station as those that saw the Tenno gossiped among themselves, exhanging glances and worried words. Many had assumed that the Tenno were simply rumors, a folk tale, a story thought up to give the Orokin peoples some semblance of hope in these grim times. But seeing their cold, gold warriors here? In the flesh, standing about and even speaking with each other as if they too were simply people themselves? It was almost surreal.

But to Aryas, it was just another day.

He too had heard the stories of the Tenno, how they were the best equipped to deal with the Sentient threat. But Aryas was a man that saw worth through results. The stories would remain just that until he had seen proof that the Tenno were more than capable of dealing with their adversaries. Straightening his collar, the tall, almost bird-like man made his way over to one of them. The bulky one. His admittedly sparse file apparently listed his "Warframe" as Rhino Prime. Clearing his throat as he neared, he stood straight and formal in front of the nervous Tenno. "You seem troubled, Uriel. What gnaws away at you?" Though the Orokin could already postulate what his answer would be. It was always the same. The Sentients. To be quite honest however, Aryas did not blame the people of this station for their nervousness in the face of such an enemy. They seemed almost like old horror stories than they did a corporeal threat, and Aryas himself always had that pit of uncertainty gripping at his stomach. But he could not show it. To show a weakness like that would fracture the tenuous leadership visage that he held.

Halcyon perked up. He was being addressed by not one, but two others like him. Well... Not quite like him, but they were still Tenno, just like him. He placed the palm of his hand upon his left breast and curled it into a fist, before bowing slightly in respect to the two warriors. "Well met, friends." He returned to a resting position with his hands clasped behind his lower back. "Please, do not mistake my idle praxis for any negative emotions. I simply grow restless when I'm waiting." Hoping to transition the subject away from himself and to a more general topic, he looked over his shoulder, out one of the many windows to the roiling planet below. "Stunning, isn't it?"

Approaching the Tenno and looking out of the window, Raphael looked down at the ice moon, he nodded to him "Europa, Sixth planet of Jupiter and recently turned Ice planet." he commented as he leaned on the glass "It'll be better planetside but on the downside, it won't be warm like in here."

He then offered his hand to Halcyon and to the Rhino "I am Raphael by the way."

The Rhino shakes Raphael's hand.

"I'm Bjorn, of the Steel Aegis. It's crazy, isn't it? Most of the people that get sent there return as ashes ready to be buried. It's crazy that such a beautiful place, is swarming with death. If that place is so beautiful... I wonder how hell looks like."

Hushed whispers and discreet pointing could be felt all around the great station as those that saw the Tenno gossiped among themselves, exhanging glances and worried words. Many had assumed that the Tenno were simply rumors, a folk tale, a story thought up to give the Orokin peoples some semblance of hope in these grim times. But seeing their cold, gold warriors here? In the flesh, standing about and even speaking with each other as if they too were simply people themselves? It was almost surreal.

But to Aryas, it was just another day.

He too had heard the stories of the Tenno, how they were the best equipped to deal with the Sentient threat. But Aryas was a man that saw worth through results. The stories would remain just that until he had seen proof that the Tenno were more than capable of dealing with their adversaries. Straightening his collar, the tall, almost bird-like man made his way over to one of them. The bulky one. His admittedly sparse file apparently listed his "Warframe" as Rhino Prime. Clearing his throat as he neared, he stood straight and formal in front of the nervous Tenno. "You seem troubled, Uriel. What gnaws away at you?" Though the Orokin could already postulate what his answer would be. It was always the same. The Sentients. To be quite honest however, Aryas did not blame the people of this station for their nervousness in the face of such an enemy. They seemed almost like old horror stories than they did a corporeal threat, and Aryas himself always had that pit of uncertainty gripping at his stomach. But he could not show it. To show a weakness like that would fracture the tenuous leadership visage that he held.

One of the Orokin, tall, lithe and radiating an aura of quiet confidence, glided towards the Rhino Prime, and even spoke to him, breaking Uriel from his inner contemplation.

"I'm very sorry, sir." Uriel bowed deeply, then straightened again, arms still crossed behind him. Under his faceplate, his brow was creased in worry. "Every day is a new one, filled with wonders and terrors. It's..."

An eerie blue light danced around their single core. Skeletal spokes segmented into blades. They whispered to him, speaking a hundred dead tongues, and every attack of his made them stronger...

"It is difficult to go forward. However..." Uriel raised his head proudly. "I am certain that the Empire will stand strong against this menace. It will take more than demons to defeat gods, sir."

“War… what is it good for?”

Lorist Ayuta was aboard the Capitus III, sitting in what had to be the most depressing room she had ever entered. It was supposed to be a recreational area, a place where one could relax and forget about the war for a moment, just be a normal person for a little while. Instead, she saw through the farce, she knew that you never escaped the war, it could touch you anywhere at any time, grab you, and hold you tight. She did not feel safe here, not aboard this glittering station above Jupiter, not anywhere. Safety wasn’t real, not here, not now, maybe never again. The Sentient menace was unstoppable, she knew what they did, she saw what they were capable of. The Empire didn’t stand a chance, it would fall soon, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. All she knew was that she would never see that day, none of them would. She knew she wouldn’t last another year, let alone a century, not where the Empire was putting her.

“Nothing I guess…” She said softly to herself. Her voice was very light, almost childlike, but very quiet and very weak, as if simply speaking took a massive effort to accomplish. In those words she spoke, one could hear all of her torment, all of her sadness, all of her grief, and the absolute apathetic numbness she treated it all with.

She sighed and covered her face with her left palm. She was bored, she was tired, she was sad, she was broken, but the worst thing she had ever endured was the silence, the waiting, the calm before the storm. It tore her apart both emotionally and psychologically, it stretched her sanity to its very limits, it tested the thin wire that held her all together, and with every second that had passed, another stone was placed on it, threatening to snap it. She knew what was coming, she knew ever since the Orokin told her that she was to be transferred to Europa to assist the Steel Aegis. She knew that was a bold faced lie; they didn’t transfer her to assist some legion of the damned on a forsaken popsicle, they transferred her to dispose of her. They didn’t want her anymore, they didn’t need her anymore. She was useless, only half of a whole, incomplete. Without Bilas, she was nothing.

She missed Bilas so much. Every day without her sister was another day she had no reason to live. Bilas was everything to her, she helped her when she was in need, she picked her up when she was down, she gave her hope when there was none. But now there was nothing, no happiness, no love, no anger, no sadness, just an absolute void within her heart. A great mass of darkness that was slowly siphoning off her soul until there would be nothing left but a husk of a young woman, a walking corpse. It was already too late for her, she knew that, she was not in denial of who she was. In fact, she accepted it, she no longer cared about the meaningless notion of self, it didn’t matter anymore, nothing really mattered, and the war would make certain that nothing would matter ever again.

Ayuta rose from her seat and slowly walked over to a window showing the vast expanse of space. She knew she should not be left alone with her thoughts, that she could and would only hurt herself more than she already had. She needed to relax, but this place was simply making her far more anxious than anyone could ever know. She needed to escape, and space had always helped her to some degree. As she gazed out into the infinite blackness before her, she felt almost at peace. That vast expanse always made her problems feel so small and insignificant, made them feel like they shouldn’t matter. She placed her right hand on the glass, and could feel the smooth surface against the cold metal implant in her palm. She quickly removed her hand from the glass and stared at it. It was a Lora device, a tool of healing, and love, and kindness. It was the mark of the Lorist, the healers of the Empire. She was cloned for this purpose, as was her sister and countless others like them. She mended wounds, she eased pain, she saved lives, that was her purpose as a combat Lorist.

She hated it.

She despised that implant stuck in her palm, it reminded her of who she was to everyone else, it reminded her of her place in the Empire, and it reminded her of Bilas. It drew attention to the gaping hole where her sister used to reside within her mind, it made her remember that she would never feel her sister’s joy, her love, her passion, or even her anger or sadness. She would never feel her sister ever again. She tried to gaze back into space to rid herself of these harmful thoughts, but now all she could see was her own reflection superimposed on that beloved blackness.

Just like the Lora device in her palm, she hated her own face.

She wasn’t perfect, she was disfigured and disgusting in her own eyes, and in the eyes of the pompous Orokin. She had high cheekbones, a gently curving and almost elegant facial structure, almond shaped dull gray eyes, and pitch black hair that perfectly framed her face. But her skin was sickly and pale, her face was gaunt due to her dangerously low weight, and her face was completely covered in thick, metallic scars connecting to two Lora nodes on her temples. These scars were present throughout her entire body, marring and corrupting everything, all tracing back to that infernal Lora device in her palm. That evil healing contraption had only ever caused her problems ever since she had been birthed. It made her a pariah, an outcast, it made everyone look down on her with disgust and prejudice. She wasn’t a human being deserving of respect to the Orokin, she was a disposable tool to be used and replaced, and that was how she had been treated for her entire life.

She looked away from her reflection, she couldn’t stomach to stare at the monster in the window for any longer. That thin, frail creature made her absolutely sick to her stomach, it wasn’t deserving of respect or love, not anymore. It requested pain, and that is what it would receive, she would make sure of that. She always had.

With a sigh, Ayuta went back to sitting in her chair, waiting once again to be called for her death.

At this point, however, death didn’t look so bad.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

She couldn't resist but explore the whole station. something about new places made her want to explore it all in search for the secrets, and new syandanas, it might hold. The armory was fine, nothing too special, well equipped and kept tidy. The other areas of the station varied in lengh and in height, but nothing out of the ordinary for an Orokin Tower. She ignored the whispers of the other ihabitants as they pointed at her warframe and at the sigil on her shoulder, the symbol of the Gilded Champion.

After a full hour just spent walking around, she noticed that if she didn't want to give out a bad impression to what could be her new teammates and her superior she had to move to the fifth floor. As she walked out of the elevator, she saw a bunch of people like her. One was wearing a Volt, and another one was in a Rhino, then there was a Loki with...

Nixtla saw the thing waving down the loky's neck. It looked exotic.

And it wasn't in her collection.

She rushed the Loki and started to hop around him, staring at the cross dangling behind him. "O MY GOSH O MY GOSH! IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?"

The Nova stopped right in his face, looking straight up at him.

"Where did you get it? How much did it cost? Credits? Platinum? Did you make it yourself? Is the cross made of silver? Or maybe Platinum itself? Does it weight much? I must have it! Tell me Tell me Tell me!"

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

Raphael shrugged at Bjorn and replied to him "I do not know my good friend but I do hear it has nine leve-" suddenly an interruption had occurred to him as he heard the screams of some wild child behind him. Before he knew it, a Nova was up in his face spouting something about Credits, Platinum and Silver and begging about having something, maybe he was talking about his Warframe. He was almost tempted to go invisible to get away from this ranting madwoman but he decided to try something a bit different

He raised his index to where his mouth would be then replied to the Nova with honeyed words "My dear Lady, I cannot quite comprehend your demands with such a sweet voice to descend in such unusual words, Would you please speak a bit more clearer and slower so that I may hear that most vibrant language come from your lips mademoiselle?" he'd smirk under his helmet

Edited by Drakeardian

The Loki's words made Nixtla realize the cameo she had just put up.

"Oops, I beg your pardon,Mister. I...I saw the Syandana you are wearing and...I wanted to know where you could find such refined regalia." She took her helmet off, giggling. "I'm so silly sometimes."

"Name's Nixtla, but you can call me Nix if you wish." She added, before noticing Bjorn.

"Um...did I interrupt something?"

"Oops, I beg your pardon,Mister. I...I saw the Syandana you are wearing and...I wanted to know where you could find such refined regalia." She took her helmet off, giggling. "I'm so silly sometimes."

"Name's Nixtla, but you can call me Nix if you wish." She added, before noticing Bjorn.

"Don't worry lass, you interrupted nothing! My name's Bjorn, of the Silver Aegis!"

Bjorn reached out his hand, so the Nova can shake it.

"A pleasure Miss Nix!" he then took her hand when Bjorn was finished shaking her's and gave it an Equivilant of a kiss on a ring, still holding his Nikana in his hand as he returned to standing upright, proud and prideful.

He then looked around and noticed Uriel talking to some Orokin before he replied to Nix. "This isn't a Syandana, it's part of my warframe darling."

"A pleasure Miss Nix!" he then took her hand when Bjorn was finished shaking her's and gave it an Equivilant of a kiss on a ring, still holding his Nikana in his hand as he returned to standing upright, proud and prideful.

He then looked around and noticed Uriel talking to some Orokin before he replied to Nix. "This isn't a Syandana, it's part of my warframe darling."

"But...it's right there! How can't it be a syandana?" She pressed further. "It isn't armor..."

"Eeeeh, first one actually." replied Raphael as replied to Bjorn, checking his Nikana hilt over as he attached it to his magnetic holster on his waist and began to fiddle with his mini cloth attachment. "A Syandana is detachable from one's Warframe, my headcloth isn't."

Edited by Drakeardian

One of the Orokin, tall, lithe and radiating an aura of quiet confidence, glided towards the Rhino Prime, and even spoke to him, breaking Uriel from his inner contemplation.

"I'm very sorry, sir." Uriel bowed deeply, then straightened again, arms still crossed behind him. Under his faceplate, his brow was creased in worry. "Every day is a new one, filled with wonders and terrors. It's..."

An eerie blue light danced around their single core. Skeletal spokes segmented into blades. They whispered to him, speaking a hundred dead tongues, and every attack of his made them stronger...

"It is difficult to go forward. However..." Uriel raised his head proudly. "I am certain that the Empire will stand strong against this menace. It will take more than demons to defeat gods, sir."

Aryas simply closed his eyes as he listened to the Rhino's thoughts on the matter of their growing conflict of the Sentients. In fact, he couldn't blame the Tenno, as he shared his stance on the matter at hand. With a heavy sigh, he shook his head, giving a weary smile. "There is no need for the apology, Tenno. It is only human of course, for you to feel these emotions. Ones I share, of course. Some days it is all you can do to keep going." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "I pray that you do not lose sight of them." The tall Orokin man would reach out and clasp a hand upon Uriel's shoulder. "They are what separates us from those devils on the moon below." A moment later he would remove his hand and turn, surveying the room in which the Tenno made their conversations with one another. He had believed that they were imposing figures of myth, honorable and fearless warriors... But the more he saw, the more he began to wonder if they were just as human as he, if not moreso. It was a thought he would ponder later, for now, he had to make preparations to send them away to that loathsome moon.

Some days, it felt as if with a simple flick of his datapad he doomed countless others to their untimely demise. It was not a power that he was proud of. But a necessity in these times.

“War… what is it good for?”

Lorist Ayuta was aboard the Capitus III, sitting in what had to be the most depressing room she had ever entered. It was supposed to be a recreational area, a place where one could relax and forget about the war for a moment, just be a normal person for a little while. Instead, she saw through the farce, she knew that you never escaped the war, it could touch you anywhere at any time, grab you, and hold you tight. She did not feel safe here, not aboard this glittering station above Jupiter, not anywhere. Safety wasn’t real, not here, not now, maybe never again. The Sentient menace was unstoppable, she knew what they did, she saw what they were capable of. The Empire didn’t stand a chance, it would fall soon, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. All she knew was that she would never see that day, none of them would. She knew she wouldn’t last another year, let alone a century, not where the Empire was putting her.

“Nothing I guess…” She said softly to herself. Her voice was very light, almost childlike, but very quiet and very weak, as if simply speaking took a massive effort to accomplish. In those words she spoke, one could hear all of her torment, all of her sadness, all of her grief, and the absolute apathetic numbness she treated it all with.

She sighed and covered her face with her left palm. She was bored, she was tired, she was sad, she was broken, but the worst thing she had ever endured was the silence, the waiting, the calm before the storm. It tore her apart both emotionally and psychologically, it stretched her sanity to its very limits, it tested the thin wire that held her all together, and with every second that had passed, another stone was placed on it, threatening to snap it. She knew what was coming, she knew ever since the Orokin told her that she was to be transferred to Europa to assist the Steel Aegis. She knew that was a bold faced lie; they didn’t transfer her to assist some legion of the damned on a forsaken popsicle, they transferred her to dispose of her. They didn’t want her anymore, they didn’t need her anymore. She was useless, only half of a whole, incomplete. Without Bilas, she was nothing.

She missed Bilas so much. Every day without her sister was another day she had no reason to live. Bilas was everything to her, she helped her when she was in need, she picked her up when she was down, she gave her hope when there was none. But now there was nothing, no happiness, no love, no anger, no sadness, just an absolute void within her heart. A great mass of darkness that was slowly siphoning off her soul until there would be nothing left but a husk of a young woman, a walking corpse. It was already too late for her, she knew that, she was not in denial of who she was. In fact, she accepted it, she no longer cared about the meaningless notion of self, it didn’t matter anymore, nothing really mattered, and the war would make certain that nothing would matter ever again.

Ayuta rose from her seat and slowly walked over to a window showing the vast expanse of space. She knew she should not be left alone with her thoughts, that she could and would only hurt herself more than she already had. She needed to relax, but this place was simply making her far more anxious than anyone could ever know. She needed to escape, and space had always helped her to some degree. As she gazed out into the infinite blackness before her, she felt almost at peace. That vast expanse always made her problems feel so small and insignificant, made them feel like they shouldn’t matter. She placed her right hand on the glass, and could feel the smooth surface against the cold metal implant in her palm. She quickly removed her hand from the glass and stared at it. It was a Lora device, a tool of healing, and love, and kindness. It was the mark of the Lorist, the healers of the Empire. She was cloned for this purpose, as was her sister and countless others like them. She mended wounds, she eased pain, she saved lives, that was her purpose as a combat Lorist.

She hated it.

She despised that implant stuck in her palm, it reminded her of who she was to everyone else, it reminded her of her place in the Empire, and it reminded her of Bilas. It drew attention to the gaping hole where her sister used to reside within her mind, it made her remember that she would never feel her sister’s joy, her love, her passion, or even her anger or sadness. She would never feel her sister ever again. She tried to gaze back into space to rid herself of these harmful thoughts, but now all she could see was her own reflection superimposed on that beloved blackness.

Just like the Lora device in her palm, she hated her own face.

She wasn’t perfect, she was disfigured and disgusting in her own eyes, and in the eyes of the pompous Orokin. She had high cheekbones, a gently curving and almost elegant facial structure, almond shaped dull gray eyes, and pitch black hair that perfectly framed her face. But her skin was sickly and pale, her face was gaunt due to her dangerously low weight, and her face was completely covered in thick, metallic scars connecting to two Lora nodes on her temples. These scars were present throughout her entire body, marring and corrupting everything, all tracing back to that infernal Lora device in her palm. That evil healing contraption had only ever caused her problems ever since she had been birthed. It made her a pariah, an outcast, it made everyone look down on her with disgust and prejudice. She wasn’t a human being deserving of respect to the Orokin, she was a disposable tool to be used and replaced, and that was how she had been treated for her entire life.

She looked away from her reflection, she couldn’t stomach to stare at the monster in the window for any longer. That thin, frail creature made her absolutely sick to her stomach, it wasn’t deserving of respect or love, not anymore. It requested pain, and that is what it would receive, she would make sure of that. She always had.

With a sigh, Ayuta went back to sitting in her chair, waiting once again to be called for her death.

At this point, however, death didn’t look so bad.

Dax Hroltz seemed to be in far too good of a mood for someone who had just recently returned from Europa. He held a warm smile upon his face as he sat in the recreational area. He was relaxing in his own way: by taking apart and cleaning his Burston. He hummed a soft tune to himself, though he didn't exactly know where it came from. It felt strangely familiar however... Instead of focusing on that thought, he let his mind wander to another, and another, until he had forgotten how he came upon the thoughts at the forefront of his mind in the first place. Still, he did not let his vision funnel to his task at hand, no he was constantly aware of his surroundings, and was aware that he was not alone in this room. While the others in the station may have already left and headed towards the upper floor at Aryas's request. Apparently something important was going on... Buuuuut it couldn't hurt to be a bit late, he knew how these things went.

Hroltz was an Orokin male looking to be in his late 40s, hard features were belied by his calm smile, and piercing green eyes seemed to drill into the parts of his rifle in front of him. Rough brown stubble graced his cheeks, chin, and around his mouth, giving him a somewhat grizzled look. The look did not seem to fit his demeanor whatsoever, and it formed a dichotomy that often caught others off guard. His idle gaze scanned the room, catching the unmistakable glint of a Lora device embedded in the palm of his other room companion. Clearing his throat, he called out. "The view treatin' ya alright?" His voice was... Unremarkable, surprisingly, and fit him more than his expression did. "Gets old after a bit though, I say." Cleaning the barrel of the Burston, he turned his head one more. "What's yer name, miss?" He'd seen Lorists before, he knew their look. He also knew that they always came as a set of two. For this one to be alone already told him leagues about her. He would refrain from asking about it.

She nodded.

"I guess you are right...I'm so sorry for going crazy on you. But, you see...I hardly can contain myself when it comes to syandanas..."

"Not a problem, I'm sure I will have many Syandana collectors will have the pleasure of trying to question about my headcloth." commented Raphael as quickly said "Excuse me" in a polite manner and he walked over to Uriel with a curious expression in his body language, resting his left arm on the hilt of his blade, waving to Uriel "Hail Tenno! How fares thou on these times?" 

"Would he be joining is? Rhino's are quite burly and strong chaps" thought the Loki as he approached.

Edited by Drakeardian

Dax Hroltz seemed to be in far too good of a mood for someone who had just recently returned from Europa. He held a warm smile upon his face as he sat in the recreational area. He was relaxing in his own way: by taking apart and cleaning his Burston. He hummed a soft tune to himself, though he didn't exactly know where it came from. It felt strangely familiar however... Instead of focusing on that thought, he let his mind wander to another, and another, until he had forgotten how he came upon the thoughts at the forefront of his mind in the first place. Still, he did not let his vision funnel to his task at hand, no he was constantly aware of his surroundings, and was aware that he was not alone in this room. While the others in the station may have already left and headed towards the upper floor at Aryas's request. Apparently something important was going on... Buuuuut it couldn't hurt to be a bit late, he knew how these things went.

Hroltz was an Orokin male looking to be in his late 40s, hard features were belied by his calm smile, and piercing green eyes seemed to drill into the parts of his rifle in front of him. Rough brown stubble graced his cheeks, chin, and around his mouth, giving him a somewhat grizzled look. The look did not seem to fit his demeanor whatsoever, and it formed a dichotomy that often caught others off guard. His idle gaze scanned the room, catching the unmistakable glint of a Lora device embedded in the palm of his other room companion. Clearing his throat, he called out. "The view treatin' ya alright?" His voice was... Unremarkable, surprisingly, and fit him more than his expression did. "Gets old after a bit though, I say." Cleaning the barrel of the Burston, he turned his head one more. "What's yer name, miss?" He'd seen Lorists before, he knew their look. He also knew that they always came as a set of two. For this one to be alone already told him leagues about her. He would refrain from asking about it.

Ayuta did not notice the man at first, not even after he had spoken. Despite her best efforts, her mind drifted to all sorts of terrible and harmful thoughts. She gave in, there was no use trying to fight her unconscious desires, they would win eventually, they always had. So she sat silently and started to hate herself again. She deserved it, she deserved all of it and more. It was her fault Bilas was dead, they were responsible for each other. No one looked out for Bilas but her, and she had failed in her most important of duties. That was all she remembered about that day, Bilas being incinerated by a Sentient drone. The drone hadn’t left a body to say goodbye to either, just ash and fire. That image was now pasted into her vision, it was all she could see. A wide ocean of ash and fire, no life beside herself and a few lucky survivors.

She wanted to cry now, she needed to let go of this stress, but she couldn’t. There were no more tears left in her body, no more anything. She was empty now, as empty as the infinite cosmos itself. She supposed that was why she wanted this pain. She had an unconscious desire to feel again, but all she could feel was pain. Eventually, she had learned to enjoy it too, becoming a rather serious masochist in the process. It didn’t matter in the end though, it was just another problem she wouldn’t care about, and she had become very good at not caring about her problems.

Eventually though, after a while of self-deprecation and sulking, she felt someone staring at her. She hated being stared at. That was the one thing she had never gotten used to as a Lorist. She could deal with prejudice and hatred and anger, but not the staring. She looked around, trying to find the source of the silent disruption. It didn’t take her long, a few seconds at best, and when she saw who was staring, her blood both froze and began to boil at once.

It was a Dax, that was obvious by the look of his armor and his weapon. She hated the Dax, every last one of them she had ever met had been a pompous scumbag who looked down on her with wrath and ire, verbally and occasionally physically abused her, and intentionally endangered her life by running out in battle like a moron and forced her to get out of cover to help him. She was also terrified of them. Each and every last one of them could end her life in a heartbeat, and if they did, no one would care. They’d just get shipped another team of Lorists to replace her in a day or two and she’d be forgotten instantly. And if they did decide to kill her, she wouldn’t be able to fight back. Even though she was trained in combat arts as a combat Lorist, she wasn’t nearly as fit as the worst of the Dax, and the Empire took her gun because she was a risk to herself and everyone around her. Just like Bilas, she would die helpless and afraid.

So this Dax, cleaning his rifle, looking at her with his grizzled face made her nervous. If he had said something to her, she had not heard it. She hoped to the stars that he would forgive her trespass.

“May I help you, most honorable Dax?” She asked. She used the most respectful tone she could possibly muster, and she raised her voice past its usual whisper so he could hear her. But he would definitely be able to make out the uncertain nervousness in her voice, she could not hide that.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Hroltz couldn't help but grin at being addressed so formally. "Ha, drop the formality, miss. This is supposed ta be a place ta relax." He closely examined the barrel to make sure no imperfections could be found, before nodding to himself and beginning to put the rifle back together. "Just call me Hroltz, 's'my name after all." He bore the same insignia as she did upon his left shoulder, the cracked shield wreathed in silk. Turning his head to see her again, the man smiled once more. "Ya don't sound too relaxed though. But with this war, I s'pose that's a rarity these days." With his rifle pieced back together, he turned the safety on and set it aside, starting to clean off the muck on his helmet. "You been condemned to that forsaken moon too, eh?" He shook his head as he looked into the visor on his helm. "s'not a fate I'd wish upon anyone, I can tell you that much." His stare grows distant as some memories begin to trickle back in, but a hard blink and a tight grip on his helmet bring him back.

"My apologies miss, didn't mean ta ramble like that. I haven't even asked yer name." Sometimes, Hroltz wondered if the whole system had forgotten what kindness even was. But he couldn't blame them. In times like these, it drove people to their limits and brought out the most primal of emotions: Fear, hate, anger. Everything that helped them to survive was pushed to the forefront of their mind. Hroltz had simply gone through enough to realize this.

Aryas simply closed his eyes as he listened to the Rhino's thoughts on the matter of their growing conflict of the Sentients. In fact, he couldn't blame the Tenno, as he shared his stance on the matter at hand. With a heavy sigh, he shook his head, giving a weary smile. "There is no need for the apology, Tenno. It is only human of course, for you to feel these emotions. Ones I share, of course. Some days it is all you can do to keep going." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "I pray that you do not lose sight of them." The tall Orokin man would reach out and clasp a hand upon Uriel's shoulder. "They are what separates us from those devils on the moon below." A moment later he would remove his hand and turn, surveying the room in which the Tenno made their conversations with one another.

"Sir." Uriel bowed one last time, thinking over what the Orokin Aryas had said. He reverently raised a hand to the shoulder He had grasped. Never before had one of the Orokin said such things or treated him with such respect. Aryas' humbleness was without compare, a truly unique trait that could only indicate His power and the reason behind His self-confidence. Impressed, Uriel stood even taller and straighter than before, inspired by His words.

"Not a problem, I'm sure I will have many Syandana collectors will have the pleasure of trying to question about my headcloth." commented Raphael as quickly said "Excuse me" in a polite manner and he walked over to Uriel with a curious expression in his body language, resting his left arm on the hilt of his blade, waving to Uriel "Hail Tenno! How fares thou on these times?"

"Would he be joining is? Rhino's are quite burly and strong chaps" thought the Loki as he approached.

It was somewhat suprising for Tenno to be interacting with each other so vividly. Uriel frowned a little at how the Nova could act so disgraceful before the Orokin. She was in the presence of greatness, yet she ignored them in exchange for... Syndanas?

Uriel almost shook his head. Syndanas were a flourishing accessory, and while he could appreciate some designs, they were impractical. He had seen too many elevator incidents to even bother acquiring one. To declare ones devotion to accessories in front of their leaders... did the Nova not know shame?

One of the other Tenno - Raphael, Uriel remembered from the dossier - neared. He turned to face him.

"At ease, brother." He bowed his head to the Loki. A small smile found its way onto Uriel's expression at Raphael's very proper language. "It appears I was mistaken on the code of dress. Were we permitted to bear arms in this station?"

Nixtla sighed. "Another dud..." She muttered, still staring at Raphael's headcloth while he walked away. She watched as all the other tenno conversed between each other, wondering if it was ok to go meet new people or just retire to her quarters. She tilted her head slightly at a Rhino user frowning at her, not sure what were his thoughts to give her that kind of look.

Her eyes stopped on someone she didn't notice before. She looked at the Orokin, giving him a once over, studying his clothes. She decided to approach him and ask if he was her new superior, or at least give her some more intel on why this station was in need of so many Tennos all of a sudden, considering that they didn't even see one before judging by the looks the other inhabitants gave her on the way here.

She looked at her warframe and made sure nothing was looking messy, Orokin were known to like simmetry and despise chaotic attires. She fiddled with her Misa Prime to be sure her beloved Syandana wouldn't drag on the ground and get dirty before walking up to him. She lightly poked his arm to get his attention.

"Um...Excuse me Sir...Do you, by any chance, happen to know where I could find the one who called us here for help?"

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17