Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Skies Of Gold

Aegia-

It was somewhat suprising for Tenno to be interacting with each other so vividly. Uriel frowned a little at how the Nova could act so disgraceful before the Orokin. She was in the presence of greatness, yet she ignored them in exchange for... Syndanas?

Uriel almost shook his head. Syndanas were a flourishing accessory, and while he could appreciate some designs, they were impractical. He had seen too many elevator incidents to even bother acquiring one. To declare ones devotion to accessories in front of their leaders... did the Nova not know shame?

One of the other Tenno - Raphael, Uriel remembered from the dossier - neared. He turned to face him.

"At ease, brother." He bowed his head to the Loki. A small smile found its way onto Uriel's expression at Raphael's very proper language. "It appears I was mistaken on the code of dress. Were we permitted to bear arms in this station?"

"Well, I'd rather feel armed than naked personally but that's just me, I'm sure you'd feel the same." commented Raphael politely, patting the hilt of his Nikana. He then walked over and leaned on one of the walls next to Uriel. "Also, between you and me, I think I met one of many persons here who I've had the displeasure of being given the evil eye." he made a groan and shook his head "Those kinds of people give me the creeps."

He then offered his hand to the Rhino with a smile under his helmet. "Forgive me, I am Raphael of the Guilded Champions, Trickster, Assassin and quite handy with my slight of hand." Raphael chuckled at the last part as if proud of his skills.

Edited by Drakeardian

Hroltz couldn't help but grin at being addressed so formally. "Ha, drop the formality, miss. This is supposed ta be a place ta relax." He closely examined the barrel to make sure no imperfections could be found, before nodding to himself and beginning to put the rifle back together. "Just call me Hroltz, 's'my name after all." He bore the same insignia as she did upon his left shoulder, the cracked shield wreathed in silk. Turning his head to see her again, the man smiled once more. "Ya don't sound too relaxed though. But with this war, I s'pose that's a rarity these days." With his rifle pieced back together, he turned the safety on and set it aside, starting to clean off the muck on his helmet. "You been condemned to that forsaken moon too, eh?" He shook his head as he looked into the visor on his helm. "s'not a fate I'd wish upon anyone, I can tell you that much." His stare grows distant as some memories begin to trickle back in, but a hard blink and a tight grip on his helmet bring him back.

"My apologies miss, didn't mean ta ramble like that. I haven't even asked yer name." Sometimes, Hroltz wondered if the whole system had forgotten what kindness even was. But he couldn't blame them. In times like these, it drove people to their limits and brought out the most primal of emotions: Fear, hate, anger. Everything that helped them to survive was pushed to the forefront of their mind. Hroltz had simply gone through enough to realize this.

Ayuta was almost dumbstruck at the lax and almost carefree attitude of this Dax Hroltz, as well as his capacity for kindness, especially directed toward a Lorist. It was certainly a surprise for her, this man had completely broken the mold of every Dax she had ever met, he seemed like he genuinely cared. Every word he spoke had a strangely friendly tone to it, and although some of what he had said made her fairly nervous about serving on Europa, it was still friendly. It was a pleasant surprise, but she was still extremely skeptical. She had always been fairly paranoid around the Dax, she never really trusted any of them, they all wanted something, even from her sometimes. Did this man want something from her as well? Simply thinking of the possibilities sparked an anxious fire in her chest. She wanted to trust him, but she simply couldn’t. He would hurt her, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but he would eventually. They always did.

He had asked her questions though, and she was obligated to answer them.

“Yes, Dax Hroltz. I have been transferred to the Europan front to assist in the war effort.” She knew he had told her to drop the formality, but she couldn’t. This was how she addressed every last one of her betters for her entire life. She couldn’t break that habit, it was too ingrained within her.

Unfortunately, Ayuta began to grow distant after she had answered the first of his questions. Her mind drifted to the future now, to the beginning of her new life on Europa. She had seen combat, she had seen horrible things, she had even gotten used to them after a while, but she was still nervous. The future had always made her nervous. She never knew why either; she truly cared about nothing anymore, nervousness should have been an impossibility. But she was still human, and she was still under the control of her own instincts. Whatever the reason, she was nervous, and it was this Dax who had brought it to attention. Even though he obviously did not mean to do so, he had managed to make her feel slightly more insecure around him. She sighed a quiet sigh. She liked it better when she was alone.

She never did forget his second question though, despite her obvious distraction.

“Oh, and I am referred to as Lorist Ayuta.” She said quickly, trying to answer his last question before he became angry. Dax always became angry if she didn’t answer questions with haste. She knew Hroltz had seemed kinder than the rest of his brethren, but she couldn’t let the past go. To her, he would have to be mean now, it made no sense not to.

“I apologize for the late reply, Dax Hroltz, I was preoccupied for a moment. You now have my full undivided attention.” She added in soon after she had answered his question. She didn’t want to be yelled at, so maybe Hroltz would forgive her if she immediately apologized?

She hoped so, although she doubted it.

So she prepared herself for the worst.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

"Well, I'd rather feel armed than naked personally but that's just me, I'm sure you'd feel the same." commented Raphael politely, patting the hilt of his Nikana. He then walked over and leaned on one of the walls next to Uriel. "Also, between you and me, I think I met one of many persons here who I've had the displeasure of being given the evil eye." he made a groan and shook his head "Those kinds of people give me the creeps."

He then offered his hand to the Rhino with a smile under his helmet. "Forgive me, I am Raphael of the Guilded Champions, Trickster, Assassin and quite handy with my slight of hand." Raphael chuckled at the last part as if proud of his skills.

Uriel mentally berated himself. Unpreparedness could be a death sentence: one unprepared squad member weakened the team as a whole and could prove to be their undoing. Perhaps this case was somewhat understandable, but...

Despite such strong emotions within him, Uriel kept an ironclad hold on them and did not let them influence his expression or posture.

He raised an eyebrow at Raphael's words. This Tenno had the disfavour of an Orokin official? The thought was almost alien.

He shook the Loki's hand firmly, but nowhere near the point of crushing.

"Well met. I am Uriel, also of the Champions. Have we fought together?" Raphael was somewhat familiar, though no memories came to mind. Uriel had fought with many other Tenno, some wielding the Loki Warframe, and thought it strange that he hadn't met a fellow clanmember yet.

Uriel mentally berated himself. Unpreparedness could be a death sentence: one unprepared squad member weakened the team as a whole and could prove to be their undoing. Perhaps this case was somewhat understandable, but...

Despite such strong emotions within him, Uriel kept an ironclad hold on them and did not let them influence his expression or posture.

He raised an eyebrow at Raphael's words. This Tenno had the disfavour of an Orokin official? The thought was almost alien.

He shook the Loki's hand firmly, but nowhere near the point of crushing.

"Well met. I am Uriel, also of the Champions. Have we fought together?" Raphael was somewhat familiar, though no memories came to mind. Uriel had fought with many other Tenno, some wielding the Loki Warframe, and thought it strange that he hadn't met a fellow clanmember yet.

"Don't know, can't remember honestly." replied Raphael as he looked over to Nix and the other Tenno with a momentary gaze before looking back to Uriel with a shrug "Ever been to Europa before?" he asked curiously, glancing out the window to the planet below with a smile under his helmet

It was quite a sight to behold in his opinion.

Edited by Drakeardian

"Don't know, can't remember honestly." replied Raphael as he looked over to Nix and the other Tenno with a momentary gaze before looking back to the Rhino with a shrug "Ever been to Europa before?" he asked curiously, glancing out the window to the planet below with a smile under his helmet

It was quite a sight to behold in his opinion.

"No. I've never been to Europa." He sighs.

"But some of my friends are there. And they're not coming back."

Bjorn looks out of the window again, and walks away from it, his steps heavy.

"I'd rather go and join them in their shallow grave than stand around and be useless."

He sits down on a nearby bench, and starts playing with a little orange ball.