Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chronicles Of The Half-Light [Ic/invite Only]

vodkacrepper

"Well still" he responded "tommorow would be the day we get to work fully. We most likely won't have a full day today anyway".

"Anyway let me introduce myself, I'm Alex and my partner here is swipe".

"What work? Our only current work is to get out of our solar system. That's just putting the ship on auto pilot. Have you not done any research on the job that you're gonna spend the next few years of your life in?"

For now, Niciand is sure in choosing her allies. The child and the Corpus.

"My name is Niciand. Ship biologist and weapon designer."

Tori looks up at the Vauban. "He's so adorable though! Swipe fits him perfectly. They're both super cute!" She pets the kubrow. "This is probably the best day of my life."

"Tori. Don't kill him and disect him if he gets sick. He may be usefull to us." Niciand whispered to Tori, so no one can hear.

The Kaptain walked inside an elevator followed by the rest of the group, from there everyone could see a Dreadnought-Class ship, white as snow and covered with gold, like if the Corpus managed to get their hands on Orokin ships.

basilisk_reverence_by_phoenix_06-d4mauhf

"So i guess the Dukes are going out again, it's been some time since the Royal Fleet didn't move"

After some minutes, the elevator stopped and hid door opened, the Kaptain moved out and greeted the Kommander as he was standing there with a group of soldiers.

"Salutations Kaptain, i guess those are the will-be Void Trader and his retinue? ask questions now if you want, the papers usually tell half of the informations and you will be off-system really soon"

The Kommander standed there proudly, tipping his hat and his glasses as he speaked.

"Yes, Superior Firepower it's INDEED an option during diplomacy, everyone it's always so... willing to agree when you use it, as for the lab equipment, the ship we selected for you has rooms of the same department on their apposite section, no more than some second of walk i would say, the equipment it's basically what the most simple lab could afford, the prosperity of your captain wasn't enough to permit a better ship with better equipment sadly".

the Kommander gained a more serious note as he heard Kosar dare to ask a question like that.

"Strange, even children on the Empire know that those are the ships of the Royal Fleet, a mix between Corpus, Orokin and our own technology, marvelous isn't it?"

with a single movement of the hand, the entire group of soldiers started moving as the other followed, after some minutes, your ship it's finally visible, the paintjob and the armor are a bit off and rusty, but the ship itself seems completely functional.

tramper_cruiser_by_karanak.jpg

The Kommander took out a framed contract, the frame itself was made out of a material similar to Forma's.

"Still considered Orbiter class, 2 Corpus Plasma cannon and 1 Corpus Ion laser, what i have in my hand it's the Letter Of Marque itself, the ship it's yours, and even more".

With another movement of the hand, 150 people, a mix between engineers, scientists and soldiers moved inside the ship.

"They are your new crew, from now on, you are all part of the Vostok Legion, now go and Explore for us, for the Dukes and for the Empire, as you are now a Void Trader!"

The Kommander gived the contract to Mikhael and then stepped aside, freeing the passage for the crew.

"So, Void Trader, how are you gonna call the Ship?" The Kaptain asked tapping Zankonovich shoulder.

Edited by vodkacrepper

Niciand rushed to find her lab.

She enters her lab, nothing more than basic lab equipment.

She opens her briefcase, that has 5 smaller briefcases in it, and bring out 4 smaller briefcases, each one containing diffrent starnds of diffrent diseases.

Including the infestation.

She then walks over to her weapon lab with the fifth briefcase, and puts it there, this briefcase contianing a few tracking devices.

She goes out of the ship, and talk to Mikhail.

"Captain. I have recived info of various deals on several pirate ships near Saturn. Those deals shall net us a generous amount of credits, and also, a new weapon that we can utilize on the ship. Out side of the deal? Supreme fire power."

​Memories of a faded time swirled through his mind... It was long since he had a dependable crew, it reminded him of a bygone age, the sight of the Imperial Ship, Orokin-mixed, reminded him of himself. He took a look at his ship, and saw what he had to work with. Not to shabby, but too great. 

"Half-Light"  

In his mind, it was probably a good choice.

"It is half-good, half-bad, A Neutral between two sides. The light of justice and order shall be our guide for the Vostok! I guess we are a neutral Justice, beyond the laws of good and evil... Just like war..."

He takes the certificate, and decides to move into his ship,  there, he is accosted by Niciand by something... 

"Heh, heh, heh, You take me for a fool no? You hide something... I see it when you speak with the others... In time, ehh, I hope you will become more open to discuss more, openly. For now, you do as you wish, as long as it is productive for us. Now, this Supreme Firepower you speak of... Do you think it will be of help to us madame scientist?"

His response is gruff, but full of resolve, He waits to see how she will word this, how she will act on it. He wanted to know everyone's pros and cons early on.

Edited by (PS4)Gunbuster17_6

​Memories of a faded time swirled through his mind... It was long since he had a dependable crew, it reminded him of a bygone age, the sight of the Imperial Ship, Orokin-mixed, reminded him of himself. He took a look at his ship, and saw what he had to work with. Not to shabby, but too great. 

"Half-Light"  

In his mind, it was probably a good choice.

"It is half-good, half-bad, A Neutral between two sides. The light of justice and order shall be our guide for the Vostok! I guess we are a neutral Justice, beyond the laws of good and evil... Just like war..."

He takes the certificate, and decides to move into his ship,  there, he is accosted by Niciand by something... 

"Heh, heh, heh, You take me for a fool no? You hide something... I see it when you speak with the others... In time, ehh, I hope you will become more open to discuss more, openly. For now, you do as you wish, as long as it is productive for us. Now, this Supreme Firepower you speak of... Do you think it will be of help to us madame scientist?"

His response is gruff, but full of resolve, He waits to see how she will word this, how she will act on it. He wanted to know everyone's pros and cons early on.

"You missunderstood me, captain. I have great respect for anyone that can comandeer a ship with more than 150 inhabitants. About the weapon that we will recive in saturn, i'll just say this. 2 plasma cannons, and 1 Ion laser, will not help us in close quarters combat."

Mikhail:"Let us see that then... heh heh... About this super weapon, If it is of assistance to our crew, then We shall go retrieve it. While my intention was leaving the Origin System, We could stop at Saturn and appropriate it for us. But the Pirates are another issue, dealing with their kind could be difficult with nothing to trade with... Unless your plan is robbing them... Hmm, If there is nothing more to discuss, report back to your station, we will be disembarking shortly madame scientist."

In the command deck, Mikhail begins fiddling with the radio, trying to find any information of occurrences before leaving the hangar, He would come across a very... odd, radio station.

Octane:(over the radio)" WAHWOOO! HELLO EVERY ONE OUT THERE IN SPACE, ITS ME YOUR HOST, CEO, WRITER, AND SHAREHOLDER OF THIS MOTHER(bleep)ING BADASS RADIO STATION I CALL 'HIGH-OCTANE RADIO!!! TODAY I'M BRINGING YOU GUYS THE ADVERTISEMENT OF  A LIFETIME! RIGHT NOW THOSE LEGION DUDES AT VOSTOK, HAVE IGNED ME UP WITH MY OWN RIGHTS AS A TRADER, (Guitar Noises) OH YEAH! SINCE IM SO MOTHER(bleep)ING RICH, I JUST DECIDED, (bleep) IT, GIVE EVERYBODY GUNS! END RESULT!? IM A DAMN TRADER GUY NOW, AS IF I WASN'T BEFORE IN SOME BADASS WAY! I'LL BE HERE BROADCASTING FROM MY B(bleep)IN' SPACE-MONSTER-TRUCK-BOAT! IF YOU LISTEN TO THIS STATION, THEN YOU ARE A BONAFIDE BADASS. I'LL BE RELAYING ANY BADASS S(bleep) THAT I FIND OUT THROUGH HERE! STAY TUNED B(bleep)ES! OH, AND IF YOU GOT COJONES, YOU BUY YOURSELF A DAMN OCTANE-INFUSED GUN, POWERED BY THE MIRACLE OF EXPLOSIONS! (Guitar Noises)

Announcer: This broadcast brought to you in part by Octane's Explosives.

"Heh, I like this guy, he is steroid monkey."

Very well then, although I would much prefer being at the front lines with our men, I can assist you in finding this weapon... but, then madame... Who would wield it? What would we be looking for...?"

Mikhail cared for the safety of  his men. He was a frontline leader. Would he change?

"You can go with your men, by my combat abilities are lacking. And the weapon is not to be wielded. It is to be utilized."

"You can go with your men, by my combat abilities are lacking. And the weapon is not to be wielded. It is to be utilized."

He took note of what she said.... Also noting she is not telling him what the weapon is...

"Very well, but another query... What is it. Just between us, A leader and Subordinate must have a degree of trust with each other."

Mikhail's expression changed... It became sullen... He was now serious... 

"You would have that in our ship... A monstrosity that does what it wished. A sickness... "

He turns from her

"A leader must know everything of his crew. You are no exception madame.

He turns back to face her

I know about you, Niciand, the infested enchantress... Scientist of plagues. You think you can control a beast? You say it has a mind of its own!? Show me your resolve then. If your hidden reputation precedes you, then I would like you to put your honor on the line! Show me the truth behind your skill then. But note, If it does not yield to you. Hmph... It, will yield to me."

"Heh, this one seems interesting, I like to see how she will progress."

Fiddling around with the radio again, he orders the ship to take off, While still listening to High-Octane Radio.

Octane:"I INTERRUPT THIS F(bleep)ING RADIO BROADCAST TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT NEW ANNOUNCEMENT! MEOWLLEOWLELOWLWEOW! SOME DUMASS PIRATE F(bleep)ERS ARE ASSAULTING ON OF MY CARGO SHIPS NEAR THE SATURN REGION! REASON!? THE F(bleep) DO I KNOW! IF YOU'RE A REAL MAN, YOU WILL HELP MY SHIP OUT NOW! IF NOT, YO ARE A PANSY! COORDINATES AS FOLLOW!

Mikhail liked this guy for being funny, He didn't want his supply to get destroyed, making allies would be good.

He hoped the crew would prepare for take off.

Edited by (PS4)Gunbuster17_6

Kosar used this free time to explore the engine bay of the ship. The reactor looked ok, but he saw better ones... it may need some upgrates, some tweaks and some better power management... nothing he can't handle. He's an engineer afterall, one of the best! But nothing can be done without any resources. His merchant skills may help with that, unless the captain decides to upgrate the reactor himself.

He walked to a console - an important one by the looks of it - and started checking the systems, changing some things here and there to increase the effectivness and power efficiency, but there was only so much he could do without aditional hardware...

He thought about fiding the master terminal and getting a chair, since this is the place where he would spend most of his time, but for now this will have to do.

Tori noticed the Saryn gesturing her to following she did. She walked to Niciand's lab, unsure of the next step. "Where Do we go from here? I don't have any immediate plans. Except bringing on my little package." She pointed at a medium gray package, lying on the ground. "I had some people bring it here for me while we were outside. That's the pieces I was talking about."