The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlok: Accuracy Vs Power

asiaschnitzel01

Question

For anyone who uses the Grinlok, do you prefer running heavy caliber or an elemental mod in lieu of the former? The elemental mod does allow for better accuracy for headshots but HC allows for higher damage overall (during twitch body shots, and headshots that don't miss.) I myself find that the accuracy without HC is overall preferable outside of when I'm backed into a corner. What do you all think?

7 answers to this question

I only used the Grinlok for my mastery rank, but from what I remember of it shortly after its release, you can honestly go with either. Yes, it will have better overall damage with heavy calibur despite its accuracy debuff; but, the accuracy reduction will force you to fight at a closer range than usual. If you're fine with getting closer to harm's way looking for a headshot, go for it. I on the other hand, would drop it for a shotgun due to them beating out rifles in the same range category as a "rebalanced" Grinlok favoring damage.

I like to use it with Sonar so precision is key in this way, If you put the right built and hit that grineers on the face to get dat headcrit you won't miss the extra damage by Heavy Caliber, but a missed shot of this low rof, medium mag and longer reload hurt quite a lot, imo.

Edited by srlhama

The grinlok is a unique weapon. I personally use it as a medium range weapon with its pin-point accuracy and decent crit damage. Using the perin sequence mod on it makes it much more fun. Its not a T4 weapon ill say that but i will say i dont plan on getting rid of it i really enjoy it