The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vazarin School, What To Focus On? (Ha, "focus" Haha!...i'll See Myself Out))

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Basically, I'm done with both Zenurik and Naramon school, fully unlocked and upgraded on the nodes I feel are really useful.

I was about to do the same with Vazarin, but I realized I really don't know where to start as I have no clue on what's best to unlock and what's not worth it.

Could you give me some tips on what to skip and what to upgrade?

Thanks!

10 answers to this question

Well, what's so great about the passives? 

Increased affinity sharing range > only 17m at max, and a convenience at best.

Damage reflection > maxes at 10% and we've all seen what Reflection does at 96%.

Heal range increase > still a ghetto Trinity.

Revive on heal > Even at max rank there's a 1-in-4 chance that your buddy will be so weak they get knocked right back over.

Shield restore on heal > more ghetto Trinity.

Shield after heal > Doesn't protect you from melee or AOE, and lasts 10 seconds with more than 2 minutes on cooldown.

Stun aura > Maxes at 10 seconds and is on a cooldown.

Sure, they'd be more useful combined in some cases, but that just makes the cooldown obscenely long. Being able to instantly revive your teammates (or be revived) is very useful and much easier to access consistently. 

I'm getting the most use out of New Moon (insta-revives.) It's pretty decent even while I'm only able to save up one at a time (gotta upgrade...) and I imagine it will be a lot better when you can save up 3 or 4 revives per cast of Mending Tides. 

The healing is meh, damage reflection has a history of being meh, affinity share range increase would be nice but the difference is small enough I don't think it warrants the extra cooldown, and I have no idea what to think about the energy shell side of the tree. 

Basically Vazarin is a heavily support-oriented tree, and the revives sound the most useful out of anything else.

One of the best thing about Vazarin heals is that it can heal ally objects or fighters such as defense pods, fomorian core, and specters.

Generally you want to go for:

Max Mending Tides 

Max New Moon

Max Mending Tides Mastery

Optional:

Protection Ward

Strengthen Defense

The reason why I listed Protection Ward and Strengthen Defense as optional is in case you go solo in missions, get more protection for yourself. New Moon becomes almost useless unless you solo missions that involves AI allies. Everything else is pretty useless. The cost to use them does not justify the benefits either because they last a few seconds or the value of its ability isn't convincing.

Edited by NekroArts

For me:

Mending Tides

Mastery

New Moon

Strengthen Defenses (only way to get oversheilds on your sentinal and Kubrow)

Protection ward

and maybe guardian presence

I am not bothering with:

Mending shower... dont need more range

Polluted waters 4 revives should be enough in 285 seconds.. anymore and you might be over your head

Command words, there are abilities and status effects that work better

Disciplined approach... again doesn't need more range

Retaliation... not enough to make it worthwhile.

Once I get the first group above maxed out i am going to a different school