Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Problem With The Concept Of Valkyr Prime

Queen_Crimson

I honestly see no issues, some things brought up are spot on.

But the biggest thing with the lore behind Valkyr still being fine is that the codex is more of a personal note than a full history and since it was from before we even were aware that we weren't the frames it makes perfect sense.

val was an orgional warframe before salad messed with her that was the skin we got. then salad got his mits on her and made her a rage monster.

you can prime the orgional frame but we never saw her powers pre salad so there in really lies the problem. Its not that val can't be primed, its her post salad powers that should not be primed .

Edited by (PS4)Draconis1981

Prime frames is ENHANCED VERSION of original frame. It is NOT ORIGINAL. Read the rhino prime description. Primed version was meant to be used by more powerful tenno than normal, the orokin wanted to make even more powerful frames by enchanting their form with prime body. I saw no thing say that prime version is the original. Salad 5 wanted to replicate that orokin technology -> failed.

Source? If wiki, then it cannot be trusted.

A Prime warframe was either

A) Original Orokin. One of a kind.

B) Upgraded version of the base warframes.

However, I am positive I have read and heard we build copys of the Primes.

In other words, the Orokin put gold on everything. They made the Primes.

The Tenno later made the regular in imitation of the Primes, that knowledge died with the Orokin.

Now we find the Blueprint of the Primes and can build them once more.

I honestly see no issues, some things brought up are spot on.

But the biggest thing with the lore behind Valkyr still being fine is that the codex is more of a personal note than a full history and since it was from before we even were aware that we weren't the frames it makes perfect sense.

You just solved all Lore for DE.

When we thought we were the warframes, if the warframe died so did the Operator. It explains everything.

Limbo, Mirage died lost forever.

Valkyr forever trapped in rage and anger.

Because they were not awake. They dreamed life, and that means now if we find a warframe with an operator trapped inside the dream, we need to wake them up before they die or are captured.

It allso explains why Lotus saves us in the beginning; she KNOWS we die is Vor gets us.

It explains everything from a Lore perspective, I will ignore the warframe swapping for this and write that off as gameplay.

So. Val was trapped in rage, we copied that rage.

The Prime? Who knows.

I wish people would stop getting so picky with her lore. Prime»Gersemi»current.

De do not have time to create new abilities for premium skins. THIS IS THE POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE GENDER BEND ARGUMENT. they do not have time to create a new set of abilities for a new skin THATS WHAT NEW FRAMES ARE FOR!

I wish people would stop getting so picky with her lore. Prime»Gersemi»current.

De do not have time to create new abilities for premium skins. THIS IS THE POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE GENDER BEND ARGUMENT. they do not have time to create a new set of abilities for a new skin THATS WHAT NEW FRAMES ARE FOR!

Augments.

Focus powers.

It can be done if they wish.

Honestly I'm still puzzled by some players here and there that think the Prime frames were the original ones.

They were not.
They were shiny, upgraded variations on the original armors/skins/flesh-containers built by the Orokins (most probably for the high-ranking warriors in the war against the sentients) and if I may add (Warning: Second Dream spoilers - well they're kind of everywhere now...)

quite some time after Transference was adopted and Warframes were mass-produced.

The Mirage we use now is a copy of the original Mirage, the one who died laughing while ripping heads off of sentients' bodies.
The Limbo we use now is a copy of the original Limbo, whose pieces were floating around in space or buried deep in the soil of some lesser habited planet.

But I'm digressing... I just cancelled 30 or so other lines about the Orokin Age... Not the right topic.

Following the same line of thought, the Prime version of Valkyr will have nothing to do with the post-Corpus survivor, since that was the original one and not a

mass-produced

shiny upgraded one.
The original Valkyr was most probably captured and tortured still during the war with the Sentients, so Valkyr Prime will be based off the pre-Corpus model since the Orokins did have access to the old, untainted one. Instead we don't.

The blueprints we have are post-Corpus because that's what we were left with, and now after a long research we were able to trace back to the original projects - thus the Gersemi Skin. She's NOT the original Valkyr, but she's a copy with the same physical appearance. Just a PBR-galore for Valkyr aficionados, but it can still fit in the lore.

Concerning the abilities, Valkyr Prime's will be THE EXACT SAME as the ones we already know (and love?), since Alad V's tampering had no effect whatsoever on the extent of her skills - it just shifted her focum from "feral hunter" to "I'm f***ing pissed".

I think I went long on this one. But I like Valkyr. And Warframe's lore. And trains.

5.We know from the lore that some of the 'children' were basically feral as in the example in rhino prime's codex entry. Valkyr may have always been feral to begin with a condition only worsened by alad's treatment.

I'm not sure that's what the Rhino Prime entry implies. It reads to me like the Rhino Warframe was uncontrolled and acting on its own, but when it got close enough to a Tenno child, the Tenno was able to enact Transference and stop its rampage.

Edited by motorfirebox

Vastarov, I have never heard the devs say that the Primes are upgraded versions of the warframes.

I have heard more times the theory that the frames we build now are Tenno replications of the primes.

Thats why we find the Primes in the Void and normal bps in normal space.

I personally find the term Primed a bit silly. But yeah, it can be as you say, we don't know untill the devs clearly states it though.

I'm not sure that's what the Rhino Prime entry implies. It reads to me like the Rhino Warframe was uncontrolled and acting on its own, but when it got close enough to a Tenno child, the Tenno was able to enact Transference and stop its rampage.

Did not warframes be called "gholems with devil minds" In second dream?

Something went horribly wrong at first resulting in the "Incident".

After that Margulis wanted to use Transferrence. She basically saved the lives of the tenno, they were believed too dangerous.

Davis seems to have been the one trying her method and making the Council invest in it.

[..] I have never heard the devs say that the Primes are upgraded versions of the warframes... [...]

Actually it should already be somewhere in the lore, I distinctly remember reading about it.

... ... ...

Unless it was cut out at some point and I never realized?? ( ° -°)

I'll have to check all the codex again just to be sure, but it's there.