The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Void Place For Forma Bp Right Now?

DarkRuler2500

Question

14 answers to this question

Formas have a 12,5% droprate from ridiculously easy void missions like T2 exterminate and raid, where you are up against enemies that are below lvl 50. 

Do defense missions with 3 clanmates/buddies. If you get a T2/T3 key as a reward, take it and you suddenly have 4 chances to get a forma blueprint. That's 50%.

Not to mention that old players are usually sitting on TONS of voidkeys that we just burn solo to get forma blueprints, just ask in the recruitment channel and there are plenty of people doing Void runs just for frost prime or forma bp.

I ripped ths out of somewhere XD.

My go to void mission for forma's is T3 Sabotage.

You get 4 chances at forma if you find all caches so it is possible to get more then one bp in a run. I've had pre-built forma as well once every 10-15 runs. To farm T3 Sab keys do some high level Spy missions (Oceanum Pluto if i remember correctly)

Besides that I have good forma luck on T2 survival and T4 interception, but maybe thats just personal rng.

Hope this helps, gl hf

My go to void mission for forma's is T3 Sabotage.

You get 4 chances at forma if you find all caches so it is possible to get more then one bp in a run. I've had pre-built forma as well once every 10-15 runs. To farm T3 Sab keys do some high level Spy missions (Oceanum Pluto if i remember correctly)

Besides that I have good forma luck on T2 survival and T4 interception, but maybe thats just personal rng.

Hope this helps, gl hf

Actually you only get 2 chances at forma, you have a shot at one for the mission reward and one for finding all 3 caches. I do however agree with you that it's the best way to get them, especially since you can also receive a built forma as the reward. I've been burning my 50 or so T3 Sab keys stockpiling forma, usually get at least one per 2 runs.

And you're spot on about T2 Survival too, Rotation A has a chance at forma BP, so OP stay to 10 minutes for 2 chances at a forma.

Edited by Zilchy

Actually you only get 2 chances at forma, you have a shot at one for the mission reward and one for finding all 3 caches. I do however agree with you that it's the best way to get them, especially since you can also receive a built forma as the reward. I've been burning my 50 or so T3 Sab keys stockpiling forma, usually get at least one per 2 runs.

And you're spot on about T2 Survival too, Rotation A has a chance at forma BP, so OP stay to 10 minutes for 2 chances at a forma.

Yep, me and a friend has been doing a lot of T2 Survival and gotten 1-2 forma BP each run. 

T2 Survival is probably the best place, as its on the A rotation. 10 min for 2 chances at a Forma, with one key. and T2 is easy enough that you could go to 30 min pretty easily, netting you 4 chances per key.

aside from that, ALL T Cap missions have a chance to drop Forma BP, and Cap is extremely fast if you just capture the target and GTFO. The downside is you only get 1 chance per key, but if you have alot of Capture keys it is probably the fastest way.

Therefore, I have taken to selling sets, then buying forma from the market....

^also a viable strategy, if not the most appealing one (the upshot here is not having to wait 24 hours for them to be crafted)

So far, my drop rate for forma is terrible.

Things accidently farmed while farming forma:

2 Trinity P sets

2 Ash P set (sold in parts mostly)

2 Loki P sets

1 Nova P set

1 Volt P set

wow h8ters gonna h8 

2 Trinity P sets

2 Loki P sets

1 Nova P set

1 Volt P set

You have to do it the other way around. I was looking for Paris Prime parts and got mostly forma bp instead. 

Doing low-level void capture and sabotage mission always gives some forma bp for me. In the recruitment tab there is always someone offering capture missions. They are fast, give nice credits and have a good forma drop rate. 

2 Trinity P sets

2 Loki P sets

1 Nova P set

1 Volt P set

wow h8ters gonna h8 

*Biting my shirt to not scream out loud!*

You have to do it the other way around. I was looking for Paris Prime parts and got mostly forma bp instead.

This is what happens...want prime parts, am swarmed in Forma BP...and if its not a Forma BP then it is the same part i always get like Carrier BP or Lex Barrel by the hundrets...

Doing low-level void capture and sabotage mission always gives some forma bp for me. In the recruitment tab there is always someone offering capture missions. They are fast, give nice credits and have a good forma drop rate. 

Just FYI, I have over 200 T1MD keys... for lower tower stuff, I have keys covered ;)

side note: finally had some luck farming forma: A buddy and I were leveling some stuff and farming T2S (I think it was for a Trinity helm for him).  Got 4 BPs in 3 runs (first to 20, second to 30, third to 40).  We had a hell of a time... he was re-leveling banshee (due to forma) and I was re-leveling mesa (also due to forma).  We were running around stabbing everything with our Destrezas like a boss. :)