The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Boom Launcher Should I Try?

Specter42

Question

Well, i've allready got the tonkor crit moded and i want to keep another boom laucher (not for MR fodder). I've allready try to calculate it at warframe builder and what i see is..... I REALLY NEED A STATUS MODS. I just have a good mod for crit and very bad at status mod. Here's my mod :

Serration r10, r8

Rifle ammo mutation 2 unranked

Sniper ammo mutation 3 unranked

Firestorm 1 maxed

Point strike maxed

Critical delay 1 maxed

Vital sense 1 maxed

Terminal velocity 1 maxed

Fast hand r3, r2 and r1

Speed triger maxed

Shred 2 with 1 maxed

Cryo rounds 4 with 1 r3

Hellfire 7 with 1 r2

Stormbringer 3 with 1 r2

Wildfire 2 unranked

High voltage 1 maxed

Malignant force 1 maxed

Rifle aptitude maxed

Continuous misery 1 maxed

Metal auger 2 with 1 maxed

Im at MR6, halfway to 7. Can you tell me what weapon?

7 answers to this question

lol @ Torid not being viable for a status build, my Blast + Corrosive one is quite a beast :D

FWIW, here's my Secura Penta build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Secura_Penta/t_30_22203003_128-5-3-132-2-5-134-3-5-137-0-10-138-7-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-329-6-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-134-11-141-6-128-7-329-7-138-6/en/2-0-84/

Some Punchthrough + Enemy Sense (stacking with Animal Instinct)

lets you hits enemies not just around corners / over obstacles but also through doors from far off, woot.

(BTW, Wukong's Defy makes Penta & co a lot more fun / less suicidal, heh.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

Besides Tonkor, there are really not much choice for another launcher, i.e. Miter, Ogris, Penta & Torid.

And tbh, none of them is viable for a status build, as mainly they are used for dealing pure damage.

You can try Miter though, it cannot deal crit damage while has the highest status chance of 50%.

But farming for Miter could be a pain.

@tahem , i dunno, you're the sixth guy who suggest me to get penta , maybe ill get it after i get heavy cal mod. But do you had a penta? If yes, can you screenshot your mod?

@sprycrow , i got the blade and 3 parts to go. Still such a pain to find this thing parts

Edited by Specter42

Kulstar, more of a cluster launcher, but is very viable for a status build.

The initial explosion (usually 3 with multishot) and the secondary clusters help it cover a very nice area.

I can't recall the exact figures but with the 4 status mods on and Rad / Viral I am easily able to control the main approach on T3 / T4 Defence.

Everything dies, on later rounds everything small dies and everything big is fighting each other.

Edit: Usually I get 3 explosions, plus 9 clusters, all 12 explosions with a 34% chance of inflicting a status proc, and of course this on multiple enemies due to AoE.

Basically whole groups fighting, on fire, stripped of armor or health!

Edited by Egg_Chen

lol @ Torid not being viable for a status build, my Blast + Corrosive one is quite a beast :D

I do not mean to argue, but for my understanding, frequent status proc does not necessarily equals to status-viable.

Especially with launcher-type-like weapons mostly deal elemental damage only, which will always have the elemental status effect.

But speaking of this, OP can instead look for these elemental-damage only weapons. Build for 90% elemental mod and may also achieve a "psuedo-pure-status" build or so.