The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Try Every Warframe Before Purchase (Idea)

Russ

This would make a lot of people play more, and I think buy more as well. 

I know some people personally who are turned off either from buying, or from just taking the time and effort required to build a new frame and get slots and potato's and all of that, only to find out it isn't really your cup of tea. 

Giving them a way to test it out, as long as they can't earn experience and rewards doing so, would only make the company more money. 

I vote if it only is usable in the simulation not in real missions, like you play as the frame with maxed level and all enemies are fully scanned for testing only. Like this people wont have to waste their time farming a frame that turns out that it doesn't fit your playstyle followed by regret xD this option might increase the sales because sometimes you get a first impression that a frame isn't cool and once you test it you'd change your mind and buy it!

I could see this working under the following addendums:

- Can only be used in the Simulcrum (duh) or some sort of clan-based equivalent.

- Has to have some sort of progression based unlock system (ie. small clan research items, scanning players who are using gear you want to try, etc.)

The main problem with the idea is unfortunately a lack of infrastructure and resources on the development side of things. Developing the Simulcrum was apparently a pretty big task, where making sure the relays could support the functionality took a significant amount of time and effort and probably also money since the relays are hosted natively on servers. Building these types of systems into the game is no easy task, and I'm not sure how high up on the priority list something like this would be. But hey, who knows? The new player experience is on DE's radar to improve and this could be a step in the right direction.

Also, it could be argued such a system would actually help DE financially more than it could hurt them. The whole reason players want X item is because they either saw it used or just think it looks fun. Allowing people to try your product before they buy it generally incentivizes a future purchase rather than the other way around, assuming they like with the see. It's the whole concept behind things like free samples of food, test driving cars at dealerships, and so on. A player might try out a gun and think its crap sure, but they might also try out a different gun that they absolutely love and then pursue, perhaps even with plat. Knowing that the gun you thought looked cool also really is as cool as you thought it was after having it in your hands would only make the grind to try and get it feel even longer, thus said players would probably be more inclined to outright buying it rather than grinding for it.