Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Try Every Warframe Before Purchase (Idea)

Russ

Aginst it. Just by looking at the stats you should know if the gun has potential or not. Also the idea of your isnt great for DE :/

So you are saying that MK-1 Braton is crap because of its numbers even if im having fun with it?

On topic.Im ok with it. Prolly never gonna use it since im building everything to make my arsenal fatter. Then increase the fatness so i have a gun/warframe for each skin i own. (4 excals woot) ANd crapton of forma

Edited by Data-Zero

But then nobody will buy limbo...

I still hate limbo asthetical reasons, but i can play him and found a spot for him in my games and find him quite fun to use. Banish heavy units, kill the grunts, unbanish one heavy, kill the heavy one at a time.

Edited by Data-Zero

Going by stats alone isn't enough, also it wouldn't do DE any harm to allow this.

It would hurt DE's business. They want you to buy their item, by using plat. That is bought with cash. Using your idea would hurt their earnings. Your idea is great for player view point, but seeing from business perceptive. They would lose out on alot of cash, and this idea would hurt the game then making it better.

Edited by Ibro156

It would hurt DE's business. They want you to buy their item, by using plat. That is bought with cash. Using your idea would hurt their earnings. Your idea is great for player view point, but seeing from business perceptive. They would lose out on alot of cash, and this idea would hurt the game then making it better.

Is it just me, or I'm the only one who can't see how can weapon/frame previews hurt the sales? From what I see it would work the other way and encourage people to buy stuff they like because they've probably tested it and liked it and so want to try it in the actual game as fast as they can, and so there's a bigger chance they would spend Platinum on it, than just buy the blueprint and spend their time crafting it.

Edited by TheNextDecade

Is it just me, or I'm the only one who can't see how can weapon/frame previews hurt the sales? From what I see it would work the other way and encourage people to buy stuff they like because they've probably tested it and liked it and so want to try it in the actual game as fast as they can, and so there's a bigger chance they would spend Platinum on it, than just buy the blueprint and spend their time crafting it.

I agree with this. This would in no way lose them money. If they add a thing in where under the warframes in the market or codex is a "try" button where you can test or play the warframe just once or twice in the simulacrum that wouldnt hurt at all

I support this. Trust me this won't really affect profits much.

Currently, a paying customer will just flat out buy the item and use. There will be 2 outcomes: he likes it or he hates it and regrets buying it. The latter will or may lead to customer dissatisfaction.

A non-paying customer will craft the item and same thing; two outcomes. He likes it or hates it and regrets crafting it. Time and materials were lost but these two aren't exactly important when we are considering profit for the company.

With this suggestion, paying customers will have lower risk of dissatisfaction and non-paying customers as well. In addition, we will know what items need to be changed or improved on simply by seeing how many people avoid buying or crafting it.

I'm in two minds about this.  In most games I'm often wishing for a "try before buy" option for classes, etc. (i.e. try the class out in a test space at full-ish capability, just like you can sometimes see a character with endgame armor these days).  It's a good idea for "complex" classes that have lots of fiddly aspects to them - you can check out whether you like their type of fiddliness.

But I think with Warframe it might be a bad idea.  Part of the fun of getting the parts for a frame and waiting for it to build is the mystery box anticipation of wondering what you're going to get; also, the frame you build feels very much "yours" in a way that would sort of be spoiled if you were able to try it out.

Planetside 2 does this

there's a simulation realm where you can access any gun, vehicle, or aircraft.

and just like Warframe, that game is also a huge grind 

grind as in: you get 1 "cert" for every 250 exp. 1 kill is 250 exp

every gun in the game costs 1000 certs. this includes vehicle weaponry.

and most all of the equipment scales in cost resulting in upwards of 400 cert costs.

It works pretty decently , no one complains about it and Planetside 2 is still a thriving game. I don't see why Warframe shouldn't have this.

Edited by Obviousclone