The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Ash Farming?

(XBOX)NeonGlowEyez780

Question

19 answers to this question

Farm Tyl Reegor. His Drekar manics also drop Ash pieces. I have personally done this recently. It took...24 pieces of equinox to get two pieces of ASH, one of which I already had.

Oddly enough, the FINAL piece of Ash (I only got one from Reegor) came from a Drekar manic that spawned from an alarm IN HIS level before I beat him. So leave EVERY alarm on (For Grineer)

Farm Tyl Reegor. His Drekar manics also drop Ash pieces. I have personally done this recently. It took...24 pieces of equinox to get two pieces of ASH, one of which I already had.

Oddly enough, the FINAL piece of Ash (I only got one from Reegor) came from a Drekar manic that spawned from an alarm IN HIS level before I beat him. So leave EVERY alarm on (For Grineer)

That's exactly what I've been doing all day. Been using Nekros for Despoil. Not one piece yet.

That's exactly what I've been doing all day. Been using Nekros for Despoil. Not one piece yet.

Outside of raiding, which'll require a bigger investment and several friends. Tyl Reegor is the most reliable way to get Manics to spawn/get ash to drop.

It took me about two weeks of inconsistent farming before I got to the final piece I needed which lead me to Tyl. (Passive farming with Alarms on since I found out about Ash. It is not a fast process. Getting Ash Prime is easier. >_<

That would be correct, not sure why people keep ignorantly spreading false information. I've told at least 6 people Tyl's manic spawns don't drop the Ash parts.

According to the wiki, Drekar Manics do not drop Ash parts.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Manic

You can believe that if you want. I am saying, First hand, in the last month. I have farmed Ash, from Drekhar manics that spawn during the middle waves of the Tyl Reegor fight. I got 2 pieces of Ash from these SPECIFIC manics within the last MONTH.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it wouldn't be required to leave every alarm on if you were simply farming the manics that spawn during the Tyl Regor fight, since they spawn 100%.  Is it possible that a regular manic spawned and came at you during the fight (IDK if regular manics spawn on the Sealab tileset)?  It could also be a bug?  Or, it could mean that the codex and wiki are both wrong?

Either way, I'm not aware of others reporting the ability to get Ash parts from Tyl Regor, and given that the game itself doesn't claim this is a way to do it, the OP might wish to know this information.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it wouldn't be required to leave every alarm on if you were simply farming the manics that spawn during the Tyl Regor fight, since they spawn 100%.  Is it possible that a regular manic spawned and came at you during the fight (IDK if regular manics spawn on the Sealab tileset)?  It could also be a bug?  Or, it could mean that the codex and wiki are both wrong?

Either way, I'm not aware of others reporting the ability to get Ash parts from Tyl Regor, and given that the game itself doesn't claim this is a way to do it, the OP might wish to know this information.

It is extremely unlikely a regular manic spawned within the fight room. In most cases the alarm was off, just in the final case, I happened to trigger the alarm before the fight and got an INSTANT manic spawn. Who did drop ASH.

That guy aside, during the fight, I got two different pieces of Ash from Summoned Drekhar manics with no alarm on. The Bombards and Tyl Reegor himself do no drop Ash. Also, fairly certain normal manics do no spawn on this tileset either.

I've seen this same back and forth on Drekhar not dropping Ash when I came to find a better way to farm him than Alarms. And about half of people said farm him, the other half said he drops nothing do Raids. I don't feel like raiding, so I tried Reegor and it worked.